Educational

Author Topic: Political summary (UK)  (Read 568 times)

Binty

Political summary (UK)
« on: October 27, 2010, 09:52:16 AM »
Where's Hadron when you need him?

As I haven't really been paying attention to the news, can someone summarise for me what's been going on in this country ever since the elections? All I know is that Conservatives are in power, Cameron is a dick and Nick Clegg a traitor.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Political summary (UK)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 11:07:35 AM »
I could do with an update as well. I haven't been watching the noodz much lately

David Cameron is a fucking cunt on a stick and Nick Clegg is a treacherous, spineless fuckwit

did you see my thing I put on facebook? I saw it on someone else's and thought it was fucking hilarious

Anjelina Jolie + Brad Pitt = Bradgelina
David Cameron + Nick Clegg = Dick

:LMAO:

oh and the good looking one should be leader of the Labour party

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 12:25:25 PM »
Political parties = same shit, different wrapping.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 12:29:46 PM »
Labour are better than the Tories

all shite, I agree

but some are shittier than others

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 12:35:13 PM »
I doubt Labour is any better, to be honest. They may have different views, but their practices seem to be very similar; not enough for me to trust either.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 12:41:25 PM »
I doubt Labour is any better, to be honest. They may have different views, but their practices seem to be very similar; not enough for me to trust either.

I'm not keen on Labour, but the Torys really seem far worse.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 12:48:06 PM »
They're equally bad to me as both make false promises and bullshit through their arses. Hell is paved with good intentions and all that.

It's quite similar here, Sinn Fein, Fiannia Fail etc. all make different promises to entice people with different political views, yet fuck it all up in the end.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:50:13 PM by Shleed. »

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 12:57:06 PM »
They're equally bad to me as both make false promises and bullshit through their arses. Hell is paved with good intentions and all that.

It's quite similar here, Sinn Fein, Fiannia Fail etc. all make different promises to entice people with different political views, yet fuck it all up in the end.

I feel that Conservative have a far nastier attitude to poor people, and the weakest people in society, and are more biased towards rich people. Of course Labour can't be trusted either, but more of their core vote is amongst the working class, and so are less likely to hurt the people that need help most.

I agree though. It is pretty much about the lesser of 2 evils.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 12:57:49 PM »
They all bulshit yes

But Labour were no way near as bad as this bunch of cunts

I'd love to punch Nick Clegg in the face

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 04:45:17 PM »

Lesser of 2 evils means little when both don't hold up to what they believe in.

Personally I'd rather go for a more central stance rather than say which side is better. While I agree with some liberal aspects such as legalisation of drugs, gender equality etc., I do agree with some conservative aspects such as less taxation on the rich, useage of guns, tighter immigration laws etc.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 05:04:18 PM »

Lesser of 2 evils means little when both don't hold up to what they believe in.

Personally I'd rather go for a more central stance rather than say which side is better. While I agree with some liberal aspects such as legalisation of drugs, gender equality etc., I do agree with some conservative aspects such as less taxation on the rich, useage of guns, tighter immigration laws etc.

I'm way too drunk to seriously debate politics, but Labour = shit. Conservative = pure evil. Conservatives do appear to target the poor, and certainly have no problem with policies that penalize disproportionately the weaker members of society. I've known a lot of people who are going to suffer because of the Conservative governments policies.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 11:05:38 PM »
I'm aware about their bias towards the poor, but I am too apathethic about it to find it evil. Good and evil to me is VERY subjective. Just because you think something is good or evil, does not factually make it so as opinion is neither right or wrong. The people who agree with you are only people who share a similar opinion to you, it simply does not make you better than the people you're opposed to.

If you think so and so political party is bad by black 'n white morality standards, then nature would technically be the worst of all. Survival of the fittest and all that.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 12:52:51 PM »
I'm aware about their bias towards the poor, but I am too apathethic about it to find it evil. Good and evil to me is VERY subjective. Just because you think something is good or evil, does not factually make it so as opinion is neither right or wrong. The people who agree with you are only people who share a similar opinion to you, it simply does not make you better than the people you're opposed to.

If you think so and so political party is bad by black 'n white morality standards, then nature would technically be the worst of all. Survival of the fittest and all that.

Obviously it is just my opinion, and I don't claim to be better than people who have opposite political viewpoints.

How else do you judge a political party other than by your standards of morality? I believe it should be the job of the government to protect the weak in society.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 08:15:09 PM »
It's like the Dems and the Pubes over here. They are both shite, but the Pubes are waaaaay worse, pandering to big business and warmongering.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 08:22:33 PM »
It's like the Dems and the Pubes over here. They are both shite, but the Pubes are waaaaay worse, pandering to big business and warmongering.

That's a pretty fair comparison.