Author Topic: former smokers  (Read 839 times)

richard

Re: former smokers
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 04:03:38 PM »
Still smoke, haven't stopped, and I will not. Usually smoke LUCKY STRIKE.

my favorite type of cigarette i used to smoke was these ones called Djarum, cloves.

Lmfao dude sometimes you are just so gay.  :LOL:
haha, i thought those were the gourmet of all fine smoking.  >:D

i've smoked lucky strike. from what i can remember they were a little too harsh

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 04:45:09 PM »
Never smoked anything in my life - I'm boring  :P

Bint was gonna get me to smoke when she came here, but I don't give in to peer pressure  :green:

I currently like someone who smokes
It is a stupid habit. Smoke Hash if you smoke anything, at least there is a discernable benefit.

I totally agree. I like a smoke of good grass occasionally, but I don't see the point of tobacco. Any time I smoke dope I use a bong. Joints make me puke.

DukeNukem

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 08:32:20 PM »
The only thing I smoke is sausage. :P

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 09:22:34 PM »
I have tried cigarettes in the past and they tasted terrible. Also tried pot and that made me super paranoid.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

P7PSP

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 09:25:05 PM »
You're gay?  :ghey:

DukeNukem

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 09:32:11 PM »
You're gay?  :ghey:

No, sausage as in Polaska Kelbasa. :wanker:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 10:05:08 PM »
I smoked once when I was five years old, but not since then.

I wonder if you could have bronchitis, Richard.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 10:56:02 PM »
It was weird that I tried to start smoking several times, but would forget to finish the pack.  My father smoked and my sister smoked.  My mother and I would smoke on the very rare occasion.  So I guess I don't have the smoking gene. 

The only time I had a craving for cigarettes was when I was pregnant with the Princess Royal.  And since I was on bedrest I couldn't get out to buy them and Prince Albert didn't smoke and wouldn't buy me any :bigcry:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2010, 12:20:52 AM »
It was weird that I tried to start smoking several times, but would forget to finish the pack.  My father smoked and my sister smoked.  My mother and I would smoke on the very rare occasion.  So I guess I don't have the smoking gene. 

The only time I had a craving for cigarettes was when I was pregnant with the Princess Royal.  And since I was on bedrest I couldn't get out to buy them and Prince Albert didn't smoke and wouldn't buy me any :bigcry:

Thank goodness he didn't.  Smoking's bad for the baby.

I craved mangos when I could finally eat after I was pregnant with my daughter.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2010, 12:53:15 AM »

Thank goodness he didn't.  Smoking's bad for the baby.

I craved mangos when I could finally eat after I was pregnant with my daughter.

And a cranky, bitchy, pregnant woman is bad for the husband (just joking.)
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2010, 02:24:10 AM »
I smoked for a while at university, where it helped me to cope with stress and the stimulant effect helped me to concentrate, but I quit after about a year because I was concerned about what it would do to my health if I continued.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2010, 05:52:53 AM »
i havent been a regular smoker in about oh say ten yeras? i've had cigerettes off and on since then but not for a couple years now. the question i have is, i get into these coughing spells now like im gonna hack up my insides!
is this normal for an ex smoker?  its like wow, i dont even smoke anymore and it seems like i have a smokers cough now. if you are still smoking when did you start and do you want to quite?
yeah. i would go to the doctor if it was more serious, actually. its like a cough that once it starts is hard to stop and also sometimes it makes me LOL because it just feels so damn wierd :blonde:

i dont have any HC so i wont be going to the doctor.  :laugh:

my favorite type of cigarette i used to smoke was these ones called Djarum, cloves. :blonde: :blonde:

i miss smoking those~

Damn you are like the next Ticker. What devastating news now? A cough. Will you go to the doctors? No you won't. Damn always coming into a thread looking for sympathy . I dunno. What an attention seeker. Woe is me...

See that would be a pretty stupid position to take....right Sticky Ricky?

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2010, 09:02:49 AM »
My husband smoked for 15 years and quit a few years before we met. He told me he still craves it but he doesn't go out and buy them. He quit cold turkey and his insides felt like they were twisting and it lasted him three days he said.

He started in his teens due to peer pressure and he got addicted after the first try and he didn't quit until he was around 30.

Five years old Callaway?  :o I tried cigarettes when I was about that young too because my aunt was doing it but no one would let me and my cousin tattled on me when she saw me trying to smoke one of her cigarettes she put in the ash tray. But I never got to smoke it. But I did try again in my teens and it made me cough and I can't stand the smell so I don't see why nicotine would make people be addicted if it didn't work with me. It's the smell that keeps me away mostly so maybe I didn't do it right? My husband told me drugs do different effects on people (some get addicted, some do not), plus I think someone told me the same on WP when I was saying how can people get addicted if I didn't because I couldn't stand the smell, I couldn't get addicted when I tried it so why would the drug make others addicted.

DukeNukem

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2010, 10:22:01 AM »
I have never tried smoking tobacco because I learned about the negative effects of it at a young age. That and the bad smell was more than enough to turn me off.

I wonder how in the Hell humans came to "smoking" tobacco, cannabis, etc.? Because when I look at a plant, I don't have the instinct to roll it up into a joint, light it up, and smoke it. ::)

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2010, 10:34:44 AM »
My husband smoked for 15 years and quit a few years before we met. He told me he still craves it but he doesn't go out and buy them. He quit cold turkey and his insides felt like they were twisting and it lasted him three days he said.

He started in his teens due to peer pressure and he got addicted after the first try and he didn't quit until he was around 30.

Five years old Callaway?  :o I tried cigarettes when I was about that young too because my aunt was doing it but no one would let me and my cousin tattled on me when she saw me trying to smoke one of her cigarettes she put in the ash tray. But I never got to smoke it. But I did try again in my teens and it made me cough and I can't stand the smell so I don't see why nicotine would make people be addicted if it didn't work with me. It's the smell that keeps me away mostly so maybe I didn't do it right? My husband told me drugs do different effects on people (some get addicted, some do not), plus I think someone told me the same on WP when I was saying how can people get addicted if I didn't because I couldn't stand the smell, I couldn't get addicted when I tried it so why would the drug make others addicted.

I was the anti-smoker to my grandmother and asked her why she smoked cigarettes and what she even saw in them.  She offered her lit cigarette to me and I pursed my lips and sucked hard just like I had seen her do.  I was always a very curious child, but I'll never try that again.