Author Topic: I bought two Fire Agates off of ebay.  (Read 544 times)

P7PSP

I bought two Fire Agates off of ebay.
« on: October 20, 2010, 04:28:33 PM »
I received these shortly before leaving for San Diego and did not have time to post them then. The larger one is 9.1 carats and the little one is 3.15 carats. I need more practice @ close up pics. Thank you Richard for the link to the ebay seller, he was very prompt with shipping. I am not likely to get lots more of these but I think I will likely get a 40 to 60 carat one at some point.

Here they are next to my Whale bone amulet that I got in New Zealand.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: I bought two Fire Agates off of ebay.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 04:30:48 PM »
Very pretty PPK.

richard

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 04:30:53 PM »
Oh dude, i am so happy for you! are you liking fire agate? isnt it beautiful!

:plus:

P7PSP

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »
Thanks Callaway and Richard. Yes, I do like them Richard and I am happy that I used the link you gave me to get them. Because I need to travel and I am giving up buying new guns I don't plan on getting as fanatical as you are about them Richard but I will get one more big one @ 40 + carats if they don't get ungodly expensive @ that size.

richard

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 04:40:04 PM »
im saying bra. you should have bought this one! 89 cts. for $445

im shure it didnt sell because i've seen it on ebay before so the guy will probably list it again, if it isnt already there

i'm saving my moneys for my 27ct sweetheart, and the square cut. so i cant buy anymore

[attachment deleted by admin]

Osensitive1

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 04:42:20 PM »
Those are nice.

P7PSP

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 04:43:52 PM »
im saying bra. you should have bought this one! 89 cts. for $445

im shure it didnt sell because i've seen it on ebay before so the guy will probably list it again, if it isnt already there

i'm saving my moneys for my 27ct sweetheart, and the square cut. so i cant buy anymore

Fuck, that is a good sized Fire Agate. What is the approximate price range @ 40 to 60 carats? Do they get much harder to find @ that size?

P7PSP

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 04:44:20 PM »

richard

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 04:48:54 PM »
Fuck, that is a good sized Fire Agate. What is the approximate price range @ 40 to 60 carats? Do they get much harder to find @ that size?
Well, yes anything in top gem quality over 25 cts is extremely rare. you can buy a clunker with no color at 35 cts for a few hundred dollars. but typically the larger, (and more colors you have your going to pay more) some fire agate can sell for $500 a ct. if its, what they call imperial grade

Wendell, usually has semi-good deals on the larger guys

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 04:50:35 PM »
ii've seen it on ebay before so the guy will probably list it again, if it isnt already there

I saw that very piece on eBay last night.

Nice stones, PPK

P7PSP

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 04:51:42 PM »
Well, yes anything in top gem quality over 25 cts is extremely rare. you can buy a clunker with no color at 35 cts for a few hundred dollars. but typically the larger, (and more colors you have your going to pay more) some fire agate can sell for $500 a ct. if its, what they call imperial grade

Wendell, usually has semi-good deals on the larger guys
In that case I may end up getting a 20 to 25 carat one. I must travel to France and eventually to Australia and Indonesia.

richard

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 04:51:57 PM »
Good god somebody needs to buy that stone. that should be selling for $100 a ct, do the math. its a $8,900 stone

P7PSP

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 04:52:59 PM »
Thanks Diesel, your thread has good info and rocks in it.

richard

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 04:54:09 PM »
In that case I may end up getting a 20 to 25 carat one. I must travel to France and eventually to Australia and Indonesia.
Oh, i get it. once the fire agate bug bites you, your life might suffer elsewhere  :laugh:

P7PSP

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 04:55:53 PM »
Oh, i get it. once the fire agate bug bites you, your life might suffer elsewhere  :laugh:
Big time, I have an addictive personality.  :zoinks: