Author Topic: Radiohead  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Radiohead
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 09:24:15 PM »
soooooooo..........?

DukeNukem

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 09:27:19 PM »
lol

That's your opinion

Have you ever thought that people don't listen to the music YOU like because it fucking sucks?

Go on, what kind of music do you like?

Pentagram, Saint Vitus, Candlemass, Trouble, Cathedral, Sleep, those kinds of bands. They are doom metal, a genre of extreme metal which is heavily inspired by the works of Black Sabbath. It is a quite obscure and unpopular genre of metal, full of musical masterpieces just waiting to be discovered. Some of the slowest, darkest, and heaviest music of all time is doom metal. Some bands mix doom metal with other genres like death metal, black metal, sludge metal, stoner metal, ambient/drone, and even rock and roll. There are several sub-genres of doom metal, which include traditional doom, death/doom, funeral doom, stoner/doom, it is quite varied. I am quite obsessed with this genre ever since I discovered it a year or so ago.

The thing I love about this genre so much, besides the darkness, the heaviness, and all, is that most of the music you are gonna find in it is so pure and true to itself. No mainstream, radio-friendly bullshit here, I got a few songs which demonstrate what traditional doom metal is all about:

And if you think this sucks, be sure to listen to the songs all of the way through, several times. Keep on trying. I thought this music was boring crap at first, too.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 09:30:45 PM »
I know what doom metal is. I  like some doom metal. I don't just restrict myself to a select few genres though. I listen to anything I think sounds good, whether or not other people agree

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 09:31:20 PM »
If my first impression of a song is "boring crap," I'm not likely to listen to it several more times to see if it gets better.   :thumbdn:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

DukeNukem

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 09:32:16 PM »
If my first impression of a song is "boring crap," I'm not likely to listen to it several more times to see if it gets better.   :thumbdn:

Now that's some typical NT thinking there, cousin. :wanker:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 09:32:51 PM »
 :facepalm2:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 09:33:45 PM »

I don't like to be bored when I'm listening to music. If I'm not enjoying it, I listen to something else.  :P

People forget.

DukeNukem

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 09:34:26 PM »
They say that first impressions are everything. Well, I say that's a load of BULLSHIT! Long term integrity is what really matters. That's what I meant.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2010, 09:35:39 PM »
They say that first impressions are everything. Well, I say that's a load of BULLSHIT! Long term integrity is what really matters. That's what I meant.

I don't care much about the integrity of the music if I don't enjoy listening to it.  :zoinks:

People forget.

DukeNukem

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 09:38:41 PM »

I don't like to be bored when I'm listening to music. If I'm not enjoying it, I listen to something else.  :P

There's no such thing as love at first sight. I had to sit back, close my eyes, and listen to the music several times and after that, I really started to enjoy it, mostly because it was really the kind of music I had been looking for ever since I was a little kid. I just didn't realize it immediately.

DukeNukem

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2010, 09:39:29 PM »

I don't care much about the integrity of the music if I don't enjoy listening to it.  :zoinks:

And tell us what kind of music you listen to, then. ::)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2010, 09:42:15 PM »

There's no such thing as love at first sight. I had to sit back, close my eyes, and listen to the music several times and after that, I really started to enjoy it, mostly because it was really the kind of music I had been looking for ever since I was a little kid. I just didn't realize it immediately.

That's fine, if you have that kind of patience. Some people don't. *I* don't.
I don't see the point of getting angry with people whose tastes are different from yours.

People forget.

DukeNukem

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2010, 09:44:11 PM »

I don't see the point of getting angry with people whose tastes are different from yours.

I would not consider myself a patient person. I can be rather impatient about a lot of things, like waiting on a ride or waiting for SOMEONE TO POST ON HERE. ::)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 09:55:26 PM »

And tell us what kind of music you listen to, then. ::)

*carries CD collection over to the computer*  Queens of the Stone Age, the Rolling Stones, Aretha Franklin, ELO, Eric Clapton, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, the Doobie Brothers,
Paul Simon, AC/DC, Steely Dan, Elton John, George Michael, Kevin Rudolf, Fleetwood Mac, America, Smashing Pumpkins, Cypress Hill, ZZ Top, Robert Cray, Prince, Boz Scaggs,
Emerson, Lake & Palmer, the Bee Gees, Peter Gabriel, Neil Young, Carole King, Yes, Nine Inch Nails, Mazzy Star, Herb Alpert, 311, Kenny Loggins, Bob Welch, Linkin Park, Neil Diamond, Bread, Rancid, Three Dog Night, Steve Winwood, Joe Walsh, Genesis, Chicago, Moby, Alice in Chains, the Gap Band, the Allman Brothers Band, Rob Zombie, Jethro Tull, Gorillaz, Cat Stevens, Depeche Mode, Maroon 5, Cream, Veruca Salt, Jefferson Airplane, Korn, Blind Melon, the Breeders, plus numerous soundtracks and greatest-hits-of-whatever-decade collections!  :2thumbsup:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2010, 09:56:29 PM »

I would not consider myself a patient person. I can be rather impatient about a lot of things, like waiting on a ride or waiting for SOMEONE TO POST ON HERE. ::)

So cranky!  :P

People forget.