Author Topic: I despise the gaming industry!  (Read 2617 times)

The_Chosen_One

Re: I despise the gaming industry!
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 09:09:56 PM »
Why repost that shit, Pikajedi? I don't want to play Dwarf Fortress. I'm more into games like Rigs of Rods. I want to drive a truck in some big open world, with realistic physics and graphics, but every attempt at this is fucked up in one way or another. Just Cause has this great big tropical environment, too bad a crap game runs on it. The driving absolutely sucks. Not what I was looking for.

Either driving sims, or city builders. I play Cities XL, which is enjoyable, because not only is it similar to Simcity, but it's in complete 3D. The game was flawed and buggy and its developers, Monte Crisco, went under several months ago, but at least the sequel should be out in a few weeks. I bet I am going to enjoy Cities XL 2011 more than most of the cookie-cutter sequels out there.

Fuck mainstream gaming. Just look at what going mainstream did to the Forza Motorsport series. Sold out just like Metallica did by dumbing down the gameplay with stupid driving aids, made all wheel drive vehicles extremely advantageous over any other drivetrain type, and taking the custom public lobbies out of multiplayer. Good job, Microsoft, on fucking up the last hope of any actual driving sims on the Xbox 360.

Even if Gran Turismo 5 ever comes out, I refuse to buy a PS3 because I don't think it will be worth the 500 dollars overall.

I have been looking around for some good games for months, and I am getting tired of it!

Well, there's always yourself......

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 09:19:03 PM »
Did you guys know that you're extremely awesome to know all that stuff?  Seriously,  it's like a foreign language and culture to me that really makes me feel my age because I'll never "get it" before I die. 

Nah, it just means we're all nerds here.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 11:39:12 PM »
I got a bit of fun out of Burnout Paradise, but you might find it boring. It certainly wasn't frustrating.

Offline Loupgarou

• Tormented Werewolf of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 12:07:17 AM »
Mortal Combat

Tekken

as it always shall be, forever and ever amen. :green:

FA, I know you are probably going to have a go at me about this, so I am preempting your strike, by counter offering that you DON'T :angel:

And if you want something to puzzle on, online Mensa tests to the trick. No graphics, no fast cars or drug dealers. Just some good 'ol fashioned mind fuckedness that makes the brain feel alive. ;)

And you don't need a gaming system for it.

Take care. You are too young to be this cynical. That is my job, I earned the badge.

Loup
"Long-winded speech is exhausting. Better to stay centered". - Lao Tzu

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 01:05:05 AM »
Why repost that shit, Pikajedi? I don't want to play Dwarf Fortress. I'm more into games like Rigs of Rods. I want to drive a truck in some big open world, with realistic physics and graphics, but every attempt at this is fucked up in one way or another. Just Cause has this great big tropical environment, too bad a crap game runs on it. The driving absolutely sucks. Not what I was looking for.

Either driving sims, or city builders. I play Cities XL, which is enjoyable, because not only is it similar to Simcity, but it's in complete 3D. The game was flawed and buggy and its developers, Monte Crisco, went under several months ago, but at least the sequel should be out in a few weeks. I bet I am going to enjoy Cities XL 2011 more than most of the cookie-cutter sequels out there.

Fuck mainstream gaming. Just look at what going mainstream did to the Forza Motorsport series. Sold out just like Metallica did by dumbing down the gameplay with stupid driving aids, made all wheel drive vehicles extremely advantageous over any other drivetrain type, and taking the custom public lobbies out of multiplayer. Good job, Microsoft, on fucking up the last hope of any actual driving sims on the Xbox 360.

Even if Gran Turismo 5 ever comes out, I refuse to buy a PS3 because I don't think it will be worth the 500 dollars overall.

I have been looking around for some good games for months, and I am getting tired of it!

I like mainstream games. Does that make me an idiot? :zoinks:

DukeNukem

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 07:32:19 AM »
I got a bit of fun out of Burnout Paradise, but you might find it boring. It certainly wasn't frustrating.

Actually, I have played Burnout Paradise for the PC. The career mode was kind of repetitive, but overall, the game was crazy fun, especially the online play.

If you like the Burnout series, then I recommend Flatout Ultimate Carnage. That is one crazy game right there. There are races and demolition derbies, shit is flying everywhere a lot of the time, and the drivers flying out of the windows... Good times, good times. ;)

There's a game I have found last night. It's called Crashday. It was made in 2006 for the PC, it has racing, stunt competitions, demolition derbies, guns and missles, car customization, a track editor, good graphics, a kickass soundtrack etc. I cannot believe that this game is unheard of, seeing how well-made it is! It really surprised me when I first started to play it! :o The car physics are more sim-like, but that just makes it more fun for me, IMO. I'm the most excited about the track editor, as it is a lot like the one in the DOS classic Stunts, where you place track pieces tile-by-tile, easy peasy. This game might become addictive.

Crashday is only for the PC, though. I dunno about your computer, but my computer is more than capable of running it fine. And it works just fine in Windows 7.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 07:56:14 AM »

I like mainstream games. Does that make me an idiot? :zoinks:

Well, not that specifically...  :zoinks:

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010, 08:34:35 AM »

Actually, I have played Burnout Paradise for the PC. The career mode was kind of repetitive, but overall, the game was crazy fun, especially the online play.

If you like the Burnout series, then I recommend Flatout Ultimate Carnage. That is one crazy game right there. There are races and demolition derbies, shit is flying everywhere a lot of the time, and the drivers flying out of the windows... Good times, good times. ;)

There's a game I have found last night. It's called Crashday. It was made in 2006 for the PC, it has racing, stunt competitions, demolition derbies, guns and missles, car customization, a track editor, good graphics, a kickass soundtrack etc. I cannot believe that this game is unheard of, seeing how well-made it is! It really surprised me when I first started to play it! :o The car physics are more sim-like, but that just makes it more fun for me, IMO. I'm the most excited about the track editor, as it is a lot like the one in the DOS classic Stunts, where you place track pieces tile-by-tile, easy peasy. This game might become addictive.

Crashday is only for the PC, though. I dunno about your computer, but my computer is more than capable of running it fine. And it works just fine in Windows 7.

Sounds pretty good. Ever tried Trackmaina United Forever on the PC?

DukeNukem

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2010, 09:13:24 AM »

Sounds pretty good. Ever tried Trackmaina United Forever on the PC?

Yeah, I played the demo a little bit in the past, but right now, Crashday has me hooked.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2010, 04:48:02 PM »
I'm sticking to PS/2, because the 3 is pointless. No library worth shit for the 3.

Burnouts are good, but Dominator sucked. Try Driven to Destruction.

Mostly like arcade stuff and adventure.

And fuck you Judy if you don't agree.

DukeNukem

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 05:35:01 PM »
I'm sticking to PS/2, because the 3 is pointless. No library worth shit for the 3.

Yes, the Burnout games are good. Dominator was probably just a cash-in by EA to keep the sales going while waiting for Paradise to be completed.

And "Driven to Destruction" is called "Test Drive: Eve of Destruction" in the U.S.. It's not available for the PC, is it? Besides my computer, I only have an Xbox 360.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2010, 05:49:33 PM »

Yes, the Burnout games are good. Dominator was probably just a cash-in by EA to keep the sales going while waiting for Paradise to be completed.

And "Driven to Destruction" is called "Test Drive: Eve of Destruction" in the U.S.. It's not available for the PC, is it? Besides my computer, I only have an Xbox 360.

I got it for PS/2. The only mission I had trouble with was the last one, trying to get 1st place overall. Crash-up derbies were good, especially with school buses.

Ratchet & Clank series is good - only 2 I don't have are the ones done for PSP and the 3. Secret Agent Clank was the only one I couldn't finish.

Buffy Chaos Bleeds is good for a bash-up game.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2010, 10:13:28 PM »

Burnout Paradise is nothing like the Burnout series on the PS2, lots of people complained but I think it's a better game with the open world and how you have to drive to different intersections to star races. Sometimes to relax I'll load up the PC version and just cruise around the game city for fun (got me an Xbox360 controller for windows). I also have it on the PS3 because one day I want the DLC (no DLC on the PC).

DukeNukem

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 06:47:21 AM »
Well, I'll be damned. I got Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition) and it might become addictive for me. The in-game world is quite fabulous.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2010, 06:48:25 AM »
Well, I'll be damned. I got Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition) and it might become addictive for me. The in-game world is quite fabulous.

Get FCOM and XP Levelling.