Educational

Author Topic: PPK, they just don't understand what I am trying to say.  (Read 1110 times)

P7PSP

Re: PPK, they just don't understand what I am trying to say.
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 08:16:11 PM »
naysayer shit like Callista is spewing.
Oh, is this about that post? No doubt the title alone would provoke that kind of response. Maybe harder isn't better. Was lucky in that area and raised wrapped in a fair share of cotton. It's hard to argue with those who were not, regardless of their view on it.
My point is that beating someones ass for fucking with you is self advocacy, don't try to tell a shit head how bad something feels, instead impart noticeable pain levels that will let said shithead know on a visceral level how it feels to fuck with the wrong person. Callista, Anbuend and others at WP will not even acknowledge that the approach will work. I know better.

Osensitive1

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 08:19:09 PM »
Is that where loup was going with that thread? Loup?

Offline Loupgarou

• Tormented Werewolf of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 09:23:17 PM »
Oh guys, I don't know where I was going.......or where I am going. I don't want people to be abused as kids or have it the way I had it. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but I guess, I learnt valuable lessons out of it too even if it royally fucked me up.

I was talking about resilience. I get really upset when people want to die because they don't know how to cope with hardship, because they were never taught, or weren't given the right tools to help themselves, because I know it feels to have no tools. I had to do years of therapy and meds just to stay alive because i didn't like myself very much and that is why I wanted to end it at times. In hospital, I was with a patient that had tried to cut his own throat and I remember wondering how depressed you would have to be to do that to yourself. So, I drank coffee with him on the secure ward and talked about stuff. he was a really nice guy but his life was filled with so much pain, I could understand why he wanted to die. I would never tell a person that it is not their right to take their own life, but I would certainly do my best to talk them out of it. Maybe this is naive, but sometimes all it takes is tell people that they matter for them to slowly build their way out of the pit. I mean they have to do their own work because it is all up to them, but I like people to know that they matter, even if I don't like them very much.

My sons father died on Xmas day 2008 from a drug overdose. At first we thought it was suicide but then the coroner ruled it accidental death from drug overdose. The stupid wanker took heroin with valium and antidepressants without thinking of the consequences. He was a slave to his addiction even though he was a born again christian and spent years in jail. Now my son has to live with that idea about his father even though they weren't close. I had to teach my son to be resilient so he didn't feel all fucked up about it.

The truth is that at times I am a hypocrite, I contradict myself, I am a really kind person but have the attitude of the alpha male of the pack, I try to be honest with myself at all times and take care of my own. I am a paradox.

I have no idea if any of that even answered your question Sensitive. My ADHD is ruling the roost today and my dyslexia comes out to play. I just don't have the cognitive stamina to try and work out my brain, but thanks for your input.

And steve-o I am sorry to hear about what happened to your wife. She sounds like a caring person with values.

I just want some common ground, is all.

Loup
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 09:53:19 PM by Loupgarou »
"Long-winded speech is exhausting. Better to stay centered". - Lao Tzu

Offline Loupgarou

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 09:30:20 PM »
You know that thread on WP that I started? It has gone into the fucking bin. People don't LISTEN, or think or are too polarsied or some such thing. I am sick of having my words twisted or maybe I didn't explain myself enough.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt137494.html

I can barely go there anymore. So TIRED of fighting. Been fighting my whole life. It is time for a rest.

Loup
I gave a couple of examples of fucking up individuals who needed painful lessons at WP a couple of years back and got the same naysayer shit like Callista is spewing. Some of the others seem to be getting all, or part, of your point but Anneurysm and Apple_In_Your_Eye like the "whine to others and hope for good results" method just like some retorted that my methods would cause legal trouble for the afflicted aspie - as if having a douchebag thinking you are a good target is not trouble. One thing I noticed is that you are a little less blunt than I was and got the same type of response.  :duh: Alex' friend Anbeund is one of those that like to advocate by whining to others for protection. I still like to hit back real hard when necessary but some will never get it. I know that not all auties are capable of doing it that way but it is at least worth a try. People tend to be less willing to fuck with those that they believe will hurt them win or lose. Maybe you should stop throwing pearls before swine for a bit Loup.  :plus: for trying to help.

Thanks PPK. That is all I can say right now. :hug:

Loup

Osensitive1

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 09:35:53 PM »
That explains it okay. Controversial topic, as you admit in your opening sentence. Some controversial responses are to be expected. Sorry to hear about your husband.

Offline Loupgarou

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 09:48:17 PM »
That explains it okay. Controversial topic, as you admit in your opening sentence. Some controversial responses are to be expected. Sorry to hear about your husband.

I know, I expected it. Controversial I can live with but it just seemed that my words were twisted all around. Like I said, this day is not a good day. "I am trying to make sense of stuff" day. I never learn my lesson ;) I should pick these days out of a line up and not fuck with them.

I am not saying that what I feel isn't real, or that I don't stand by my word, but I thought I might be overreacting. Thanks for your thoughts about my sons father. We were never married and I hated his guts. He was a terrible father. I didn't hate him because he was a bad person, I hated him because he never did right by his boy. Thankfully my fiance is a good man who is a good role model. It was a terrible violent time with my sons father.....from both of us.

Loup

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 10:28:39 PM »
You know that thread on WP that I started? It has gone into the fucking bin. People don't LISTEN, or think or are too polarsied or some such thing. I am sick of having my words twisted or maybe I didn't explain myself enough.

I can barely go there anymore. So TIRED of fighting. Been fighting my whole life. It is time for a rest.

Loup

I might have a look a little later and depending on what was said I might knock a few shades of shit out of a couple of people.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

P7PSP

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 10:31:24 PM »

Loup

I might have a look a little later and depending on what was said I might knock a few shades of shit out of a couple of people.
:LMAO: They'll still be stupid but have fun Sir_Les.  :thumbup:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2010, 12:13:19 AM »

Loup

I didn't know you were Michhsta, cool. Welcome. I love seeing WP members here.

Those things also piss me off too. I haven't looked at the thread yet though but will soon after this.  :)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 12:24:50 AM »
I read the thread.

I think that Callista comes across as young and very idealistic.

I felt bad for the girl whose parents wouldn't let her grow up, wouldn't let her get a learner's permit, etc, that one poster had mentored.

However, when I think of my daughter getting a learner's permit in a year, it terrifies me.

I wonder if there could be a better balance between being coddled, wrapped completely in cotton, and developing resilience the hard way, like you did.

P7PSP

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 12:26:50 AM »
Maybe young mentally but chronologically she is 27.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 12:29:15 AM »
Okay I am reading the thread and saw nothing wrong with it until the second page. It started with Callista. I find her as an okay member and like her. 

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 12:48:12 AM »
Maybe young mentally but chronologically she is 27.

I think people who believe more strongly that the world needs to change to better accomodate us rather than us changing ourselves to better deal with the world sound young. 

I think that both need to happen and we should do what we can to change the world, but I think that it's more important to do what we can to change ourselves.

Offline Loupgarou

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 02:38:57 AM »
Thanks everyone.

This quote comes to mind a lot in my days. I love it and try to live by it:

Recognise beauty and ugliness is born.
Recognise good and evil is born.

Is and Isn't produce each other.

Hard depends on easy,
Long is tested by short,
High is determined by low,
Sound is harmonised by voice,
After is followed by before.

Therefor the Sage is devoted to non-action,
Moves without teaching,
Lives but does not own,
Acts but does not presume,
Accomplishes without taking credit.

When no credit is taken,
Accomplishment endures.
(Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu)

Loup

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 02:51:18 AM by Loupgarou »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 04:56:53 AM »
naysayer shit like Callista is spewing.
Oh, is this about that post? No doubt the title alone would provoke that kind of response. Maybe harder isn't better. Was lucky in that area and raised wrapped in a fair share of cotton. It's hard to argue with those who were not, regardless of their view on it.
My point is that beating someones ass for fucking with you is self advocacy, don't try to tell a shit head how bad something feels, instead impart noticeable pain levels that will let said shithead know on a visceral level how it feels to fuck with the wrong person. Callista, Anbuend and others at WP will not even acknowledge that the approach will work. I know better.

YES!!! Fuck I owe you Karma.  :plus: :indeed:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap