Educational

Author Topic: PPK, they just don't understand what I am trying to say.  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Loupgarou

• Tormented Werewolf of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
PPK, they just don't understand what I am trying to say.
« on: September 18, 2010, 06:27:32 PM »
You know that thread on WP that I started? It has gone into the fucking bin. People don't LISTEN, or think or are too polarsied or some such thing. I am sick of having my words twisted or maybe I didn't explain myself enough.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt137494.html

I can barely go there anymore. So TIRED of fighting. Been fighting my whole life. It is time for a rest.

Loup
"Long-winded speech is exhausting. Better to stay centered". - Lao Tzu

The_Chosen_One

Re: PPK, they just don't understand what I am trying to say.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 07:16:31 PM »
Loup

That's typical of WP. It doesn't matter what you say to them, some of those dickheads will twist it 'round, then the mods will come in and back them up when they feel threatened. We might 'enable' people here as well, but at least we give people a fair go to have their say.

richard

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 07:25:53 PM »
i dont post there anymore. its hard to leave (mostly because its so active) but it can be done

Offline Loupgarou

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 07:28:12 PM »
Loup

That's typical of WP. It doesn't matter what you say to them, some of those dickheads will twist it 'round, then the mods will come in and back them up when they feel threatened. We might 'enable' people here as well, but at least we give people a fair go to have their say.

Steve-O, did you read it? I wasn't nasty or a fuckknuckle that I can see. Maybe I am polarised. Maybe I have fought so long to not be a victim, that I forget that some people are victims because they do not know how to be any other way. Enable or not, I have found more support in the few days that I have been here, than I ever did on there. I don't need anyone to sort my problems for me, but it is nice to have mates. And yes, a fair go is sometimes all that we need. Thank you.

Being a female on there also made me feel like a monster, purely because I am not a vocal emotional creature generally. I mean it is nice to talk about feelings sometimes to release stuff, but I have a psychologist for that. I wasn't having any FUN on there. It might be my imagination, but I always felt isolated amongst people "of my own kind". I don't need that......me against the world bullshit.

Now, I am raving......and talking about my "feelings" ;)

Loup

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 07:29:21 PM »
When the pupil is ready, the teacher will come.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Loupgarou

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 07:31:16 PM »
i dont post there anymore. its hard to leave (mostly because its so active) but it can be done

Richard, I have barely thought about the place to be honest. The only reason I went to check my thread was beacsue I got an email notification that someone had replied to it. I am not saying that peoples responses are not valid, but if I wanted to politicise everything, I would be a politician.

Sorry Richard.....still raving :violin:

Loup

Osensitive1

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 07:31:41 PM »
Thread seems okay enough. What's the problem with it?

Offline Loupgarou

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 07:33:35 PM »
When the pupil is ready, the teacher will come.

That sounds suspiciously Taoist ;)........a queen after my own heart.

Loup

Offline Loupgarou

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 07:36:00 PM »
Thread seems okay enough. What's the problem with it?

Just seemed to go off track to me. Might just be my perception of it. I have such a hard time explaining myself, that I probably look for flaws in reasoning that aren't there. Just one of my endearing foibles.

Loup

Osensitive1

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 07:47:37 PM »
Yes. More of a discussion of what's wrong with kids and parents today in general. Obviously not what was intended.

P7PSP

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 07:50:39 PM »
You know that thread on WP that I started? It has gone into the fucking bin. People don't LISTEN, or think or are too polarsied or some such thing. I am sick of having my words twisted or maybe I didn't explain myself enough.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt137494.html

I can barely go there anymore. So TIRED of fighting. Been fighting my whole life. It is time for a rest.

Loup
I gave a couple of examples of fucking up individuals who needed painful lessons at WP a couple of years back and got the same naysayer shit like Callista is spewing. Some of the others seem to be getting all, or part, of your point but Anneurysm and Apple_In_Your_Eye like the "whine to others and hope for good results" method just like some retorted that my methods would cause legal trouble for the afflicted aspie - as if having a douchebag thinking you are a good target is not trouble. One thing I noticed is that you are a little less blunt than I was and got the same type of response.  :duh: Alex' friend Anbeund is one of those that like to advocate by whining to others for protection. I still like to hit back real hard when necessary but some will never get it. I know that not all auties are capable of doing it that way but it is at least worth a try. People tend to be less willing to fuck with those that they believe will hurt them win or lose. Maybe you should stop throwing pearls before swine for a bit Loup.  :plus: for trying to help.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 07:56:50 PM »
Loup

Steve-O, did you read it? I wasn't nasty or a fuckknuckle that I can see. Maybe I am polarised. Maybe I have fought so long to not be a victim, that I forget that some people are victims because they do not know how to be any other way. Enable or not, I have found more support in the few days that I have been here, than I ever did on there. I don't need anyone to sort my problems for me, but it is nice to have mates. And yes, a fair go is sometimes all that we need. Thank you.

Being a female on there also made me feel like a monster, purely because I am not a vocal emotional creature generally. I mean it is nice to talk about feelings sometimes to release stuff, but I have a psychologist for that. I wasn't having any FUN on there. It might be my imagination, but I always felt isolated amongst people "of my own kind". I don't need that......me against the world bullshit.

Loup

Loup

Do you remember Pandora from a couple of years ago? She is my fiance, and feels exactly the way you do about that site. She felt uncomfortable being there, and whenever she tried to say something, or make suggestions, some moron would either patronise her or twist what she had to say. An example was when she suggested to Lau that the Childrens forums should be shifted away from the adult ones to make it better for the kids, and Lau said 'what, do you wann run the site now?' or words to that effect. She had some support from some other members (gbollard for one), but felt alienated and later got banned for suggesting that if you wanted support there, you should get a truss. Shit, that was meant to be a semi-joke, but when you look at it, there was more truth in it than appeared. She now mainly posts at AFF and is occupied with FB games but still wishes she'd been given a better go there.

And no, you weren't a fuck-knucke, you were being honest.

P7PSP

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 08:00:44 PM »
Loup

Loup

Loup

Do you remember Pandora from a couple of years ago? She is my fiance, and feels exactly the way you do about that site. She felt uncomfortable being there, and whenever she tried to say something, or make suggestions, some moron would either patronise her or twist what she had to say. An example was when she suggested to Lau that the Childrens forums should be shifted away from the adult ones to make it better for the kids, and Lau said 'what, do you wann run the site now?' or words to that effect. She had some support from some other members (gbollard for one), but felt alienated and later got banned for suggesting that if you wanted support there, you should get a truss. Shit, that was meant to be a semi-joke, but when you look at it, there was more truth in it than appeared. She now mainly posts at AFF and is occupied with FB games but still wishes she'd been given a better go there.

I recall the particular thread you are referring to. Adults should stay the fuck out of the childrens sub forum over there.

Osensitive1

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 08:02:53 PM »
naysayer shit like Callista is spewing.
Oh, is this about that post? No doubt the title alone would provoke that kind of response. Maybe harder isn't better. Was lucky in that area and raised wrapped in a fair share of cotton. It's hard to argue with those who were not, regardless of their view on it.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 08:11:59 PM »
Loup

Loup

Loup

I recall the particular thread you are referring to. Adults should stay the fuck out of the childrens sub forum over there.

Yeah, but the actual thought behind it was that the children might somehow get into the adult forums and she had support from people who said it wouldn't have been that hard to do (move the forums). Your point shows the reverse could have happened, and a real shitstorm could have brewed. Given some of the shit that was being posted in the adult forum anyway.