Author Topic: Everyone with a WP account vote in one of your own as a mod  (Read 13432 times)

The_Chosen_One

Re: Everyone with a WP account vote in one of your own as a mod
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2010, 08:33:15 AM »
I have no idea. I have had some of my posts there deleted too,from when I had a disagreement with someone. I can't even remember what it was about and I can't prove it either. It was with beentheredonethat. We sorted things out.
I have also been warned for posting a link to Intensity on there as well.
I haven't been able to log on there for ages. My password won't work so I assume I have been banned.

Sounds like... mod sabotage? Didn't this happen to you originally as well Spokane Girl?

Intensity/Intensity2 has always beena dirty word as far as Wp are concerned. I think it goes back to the original days when dunc and the others broke away from WP and there must'vee been some ill feeling (as banned members have toward WP) and the mods from WP saw it as a slight on them. To an extent it is, because they didn't do their jobs properly. Why did people like Calandale, TM1, Starbuline etc be forced to either quit modding or whatever? Why suddenly did the site get left in the hands of mainly 4 who couldn't trust the rest of the membership to act decently? No wonder people who went from there to here were bitter (and everyone who went to ZOMG did the same thing in complaining) and I guess WP felt threatened, but it seems a bit childish for them to ban everyone who mentions another site or other banned members just because of some perceived threat or jealousy that may or may not exist.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2010, 08:47:40 AM »
I have no idea. I have had some of my posts there deleted too,from when I had a disagreement with someone. I can't even remember what it was about and I can't prove it either. It was with beentheredonethat. We sorted things out.
I have also been warned for posting a link to Intensity on there as well.
I haven't been able to log on there for ages. My password won't work so I assume I have been banned.

Sounds like... mod sabotage? Didn't this happen to you originally as well Spokane Girl?

Yeah it did. I found it odd it happen to Renaeden as well if she hadn't been there in months. Maybe it was for something she said here? Who knows. Same thing happened with Emor after she posted a thread at the Psych Forums regarding WP and she called it the WP Project. It was obvious it was sins that did it. Heck she even posted the link to that thread on WP.

I noticed my login information quit working after I bitched about her here after the bogus warning she gave me. Coincidence?

I also know she did it to hale bopp and punkykat and she helped reset their passwords and my crazy theory is she did that just so she help them reset it and they would say how she helped them get back on the forum when their passwords quit working so she build up her reputation. They both did they she reset them. Hale Bopp said it here and punkykat made a blog about it on her deviantart page.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2010, 09:00:07 AM »
OK, so we know they are reading this thread. Good.

Now the reason Sir_Les aka rossc posted here was to enlist the peopl on here who had WP accounts to actually DO something about the poor modding that has been going on at WP. He thought that if he ran he could get some fair changes done, and treat the membership with a bit more courtesy than some of the others have done (are you listening Merle? Really listening?). We all like him here, and even though some of us have been banned by (guess who...), that should not in any way tarnish his good character and name (listening Zara?). There is no 'conspiracy' other than to get you a decent person as a mod who will do the job for what it was intended, and to treat the membership fairly. Something that some others have not been able to do in the past (listening Quatermass, MrMark, Lau & Merle again?).

So, please look beyond any petty jealousy you may have with our small site and give rossc full consideration if he can get the numbers. I believe he will do a good job, and will serve you well.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2010, 09:01:52 AM »

Now the reason Sir_Les aka rossc posted here was to enlist the peopl on here who had WP accounts to actually DO something about the poor modding that has been going on at WP. He thought that if he ran he could get some fair changes done, and treat the membership with a bit more courtesy than some of the others have done (are you listening Merle? Really listening?). We all like him here, and even though some of us have been banned by (guess who...), that should not in any way tarnish his good character and name (listening Zara?). There is no 'conspiracy' other than to get you a decent person as a mod who will do the job for what it was intended, and to treat the membership fairly. Something that some others have not been able to do in the past (listening Quatermass, MrMark, Lau & Merle again?).

So, please look beyond any petty jealousy you may have with our small site and give rossc full consideration if he can get the numbers. I believe he will do a good job, and will serve you well.

This.

Well said Steve-O  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: 
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2010, 09:04:21 AM »

This.

Well said Steve-O  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: 

Thank you. And that was a non-paid party political broadcast.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2010, 09:04:59 AM »
Fucking awesome. Thanks big fella  :plus:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2010, 09:06:02 AM »
Fucking awesome. Thanks big fella  :plus:

Anytime, mate.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2010, 11:13:28 AM »
Oh, we're being watched?

Good.

I am an admin over at Aspies For Freedom - we've been around just as long, if not longer, than Wrongplanet, and the two forums came from the same place - the founders are friends.

Why would I recommend someone for the job of Mod unless I felt they were up to it? Were it my decision (and if he were still an active poster there) I would nominate Ross for the job at AFF instantly.

And hey, if you don't like the job he does, remove him from power. He'll certainly do a better job of it than Sinsbadly did.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2010, 11:24:08 AM »
Hey WPfags, Alex is slowly selling out to Autism Speaks. Hope you like their propaganda flooding the site soon. :laugh:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2010, 11:49:10 AM »

Ohhh, so Intensity is to Wrongplanet, as Spectrumites is to AFF?

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2010, 12:09:26 PM »
I think so. Someone from WP created this forum just like someone on AFF created Spectrumites.

richard

« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2010, 01:00:54 PM »
i think it makes you guys look desperate to ask for mod powers. dont you know alex is laughing at all of you?
alex will stop at nothing to further his career even if it means selling out, i think you should let that forum die a slow death. im pretty shure in a year or so wp will be nothing more than a puppet on autism speaks hand
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 01:17:41 PM by ٩๏̯͡๏)۶ »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2010, 02:14:13 PM »
iirc from when I was there, alex doesn't make someone mod if they ask to be one. Dunno if he's still the same on it now. I don't have a wp account anymore anyway, not yet

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2010, 02:23:17 PM »
iirc from when I was there, alex doesn't make someone mod if they ask to be one. Dunno if he's still the same on it now. I don't have a wp account anymore anyway, not yet

What does iirc mean?  ???

Alex if you're reading this just remember with whats been leaked recently you're going to need tough and reliable mods to keep your forum members under control , think about it would you rather prissy drama whores who'll make the problem 10X worse or a mod that'll stop flamewars without needing to reach for the banhammer?  ;)

If you want capable moderators then Rossc is one of the best options you could pick.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2010, 02:23:58 PM »
iirc  =  if I recall correctly