Author Topic: Everyone with a WP account vote in one of your own as a mod  (Read 13425 times)

The_Chosen_One

Re: Everyone with a WP account vote in one of your own as a mod
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2010, 10:43:59 PM »
And er... who wrote that piece of shit?

And more importantly, do you believe any of it?
it says autism speaks.org in the url dumbass so im guessing they wrote it

Even more importantly, why should we care?
because autism speaks has their nose under the tent now

Don't forget your complimentary T-shirt and Stubby-holder as you pass through the foyer.
i wont be going back so maybe you can let me know that info

Nah, beige isn't my colour.

richard

« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2010, 10:47:24 PM »

Don't forget your complimentary T-shirt and Stubby-holder as you pass through the foyer.

how do you even know what colors your clothes are? your blind

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2010, 10:49:05 PM »

how do you even know what colors your clothes are? your blind

I guess.  :zoinks:

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2010, 02:17:14 AM »
You're losing ground Sir_Les, it's a tie now.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:30:59 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2010, 03:12:03 AM »
God damn some WPFags are gullible as fuck, giving that Seanmw faggot money for a trip.

I ask you I2, would you donate to someone online if:

* They claim to be dating a hot looking chick (the picture of her looked like a myspace ripoff)
* Later it's revealed she has brain cancer and lives across the country.
* He accepts 'donations' for a plane ticket to go there.
* Possible scammer is the woman, not him. Could be an epic troll involved.

Would you:

A. Donate
B. Demand TITS OR GTFO
C. Dox drop him and his GF for lulz and for net detectives to investigate.
D. Kindly tell him you can't help him and you're sorry.
E. Ignore him

Sorry for off-topic, but I shat bricks in anger coming across that.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:27:11 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2010, 03:19:19 AM »
By the way, just because someone has been online for a year and has thousands of posts; it doesn't mean they won't ever harbour malicious intent if granted such an opportunity or just feel like it.

Just saying.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:24:57 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2010, 03:27:27 AM »
God damn some WPFags are gullible as fuck, giving that Seanmw faggot money for a trip.

I ask you I2, would you donate to someone online if:

* They claim to be dating a hot looking chick (the picture of her looked like a myspace ripoff)
* Later it's revealed she has brain cancer and lives across the country.
* He accepts 'donations' for a plane ticket to go there.
* Possible scammer is the woman, not him. He might be innocent, and that should be considered.

Would you:

A. Donate
B. Demand TITS OR GTFO
C. Dox drop him and his GF for lulz and for net detectives to investigate.
D. Kindly tell him you can't help him and you're sorry.
E. Ignore him

Sorry for off-topic, but I shat bricks in anger coming across that.

Option F, try to come across as reliable enough to be able to edit the bank-account number.
I'm dating a hot thing too.  :zoinks:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2010, 03:34:44 AM »
Well the picture this guy had of her looked like a typical myspace camwhore, srsly.

It reminds of the time Shleed obtained a random emo girl's picture from google to use as 'lollylongs' IRL photo. :zoinks:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:45:38 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2010, 06:25:50 AM »
Well the picture this guy had of her looked like a typical myspace camwhore, srsly.

It reminds of the time Shleed obtained a random emo girl's picture from google to use as 'lollylongs' IRL photo. :zoinks:

Fucking lollylongs. I was in hysterics reading that shit.

C. But wait awhile. Try option B first.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2010, 06:58:02 AM »
I would vote but I am banned it seems.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2010, 06:58:45 AM »
I would vote but I am banned it seems.

Why?!  :zombiefuck:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2010, 07:02:32 AM »
I have no idea. I have had some of my posts there deleted too,from when I had a disagreement with someone. I can't even remember what it was about and I can't prove it either. It was with beentheredonethat. We sorted things out.
I have also been warned for posting a link to Intensity on there as well.
I haven't been able to log on there for ages. My password won't work so I assume I have been banned.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2010, 07:10:49 AM »
You're losing ground Sir_Les, it's a tie now.

Well let's see. Appreciate the support fellas. See i this post helps turn the tide a little

Quote from: rossc
Quote from: Zara
I had to vote no.

It's Alex's site. He should grant that power to whomever he trusts to do the job.

Indeed and I have always been straight up with Alex and with my feelings on things here. I have not tried to win the hearts and minds of people in my postings and at times a little brutal but I believe I have been fair and accurate in every post.

The question of trust is something that needs to be considered in context. It demands knowledge that he really is not privy to. Anyone here could be anything and so in finding something concrete to attach meaning to the abstract concept of trust you have only teh observed behaviours and the knowledge of others. Here we have people I know very well with experience of me speaking in unison on what I am like from a perspective of experience and in light of things that Alex could not possibly know. This is the context that will help define whether I am "trustworthy".

Naturally I am humbled by the sentiments.

Quote from: TOGGI3
While I take no issue with you rossc, and you might even be a pretty decent person and make a decent moderator, generally asking for a mod position never helps.  I agree we need more moderators, a good few more.  But asking in and of itself leads people (not necessarily us, just speaking in general here) to believe that you want some degree of forum power for whatever reason.

Please continue to be a productive and supportive member, be kind, helpful in the best ways you can.  I also would give the same advice to everyone else.

You may be a decent person and a decent mod.
You seem to be making some strange associations here and I will try to address this "asking"issue. See if you follow the logic and then apply it back to what you have just posted and see how it then holds up.

From the moment we are born, we ask (in crying) to have our needs met.
We gain knowledge and experience through asking. We gain experience in things through the promotion of ourselves.
This is what this is. Seeking a new opportunity for which I believe I am well suited. I don't expect Alex to be a mind reader and I don't think it is fair that he could have an insight to my knowledge or experience or what I could bring to the table YET it is a bad thing to show him?
It is underhanded and speaks of being power craving?
Do people get jobs handed to them in real life without putting it out there? When you are at work do you wait for your employer to notice you have been there two years without a break before they say "Hey you know what how about we give you a holiday now?" Do you apply?
Do bank Managers come to your home and say "You know what I have decided that you are probably earning enough to warrant a home loan. How about we sign you up?
This seems to be what I am hearing.

Of course the alternative is worth considering just so as to be fair.
Alex may be better selecting people blind. Making a leap of faith and modding someone of gut instinct. Hundreds of members here and he is not really going to know anyone or what they can deliver so pick someone at random and hope they don't embarrass the forum as some mods have done through their antics.
No one volunteering? Why not pick a random who has not put up their hand and showed an interest, right? I mean they have not shown they want the position so that makes them credible and chance of apathy or half-hearted commitment...what? Not factored?
But on the upside you won't have to "risk" someone who is interested on account of fear of them being not right.
I just can't understand that fear and apathy are good trade offs in this mindset nor a great way to flavor the merits of moderator or appointment of moderator decisions.

So revisit what I have said there mate and see what you think because it makes completely no sense at all as far as I can see and no doubt you were trying for rational. I may have missed something important in the translation

Quote from: Zara
True... provided it's actual members here that are voting in this. I've seen the thread about this at I2 and I don't think it's a good idea for people from other forums to attempt to rig the vote here. Not that it really matters anyway, but it shows how this sort of thing was flawed from the start.

These people are members here as you can obviously see from the post counts of the ones posting here.
Are they members of I2? Yep most of them. Are they members of other sites? Yup most of them. Does this suggest "rigging" No it doesn't rigging would be proxy accounts and multiple account holders voting which I don't believe this has occurred. Why try for the smear here?
Why are they posting here and why did I make a thread on I2 about it? Simply put I have been a member here since 2007 (Yup look at the profile). I have been a member of I2 about the same time and the people at I2 know and like me.
Why? Because I am awesome.
They say nice things about me because there are nice things to be said about me and they know me n ways that Alex can not and so they are in a position to put forward constructive endorsements. Any WP member ever given any other endorsement about their ability as a potential mod? No? Want me to find many posts to prove otherwise?
So Zara, back at you, why the suggestion of something underhanded?
[/i]
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2010, 08:02:17 AM »
I have no idea. I have had some of my posts there deleted too,from when I had a disagreement with someone. I can't even remember what it was about and I can't prove it either. It was with beentheredonethat. We sorted things out.
I haven't been able to log on there for ages. My password won't work so I assume I have been banned.

Sounds like... mod sabotage? Didn't this happen to you originally as well Spokane Girl?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2010, 08:15:32 AM »

Sounds like... mod sabotage? Didn't this happen to you originally as well Spokane Girl?

Sounds like? Hell that has Sinsboldly written all over it
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap