Author Topic: Everyone with a WP account vote in one of your own as a mod  (Read 13464 times)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
Re: Everyone with a WP account vote in one of your own as a mod
« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »
Well considering the amount of different site admins here, I see an alliance in the making.

Spectrumites and AFF will likely never ally - too much bad blood, though I am was popular with the Spectrumites camp and now I'm admin at AFF....but it's unlikely, me and Hyke have discussed this in passing before.

AFF and Hikiculture, over my dead fucking body. Chair is a sociopathic lying bastard and I'll have nothing to do with him.

:agreed:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2010, 09:10:48 AM »
Yeah, I suppose that's true it'd likely fall apart from in-fighting. Although I was thinking more of a decentralised structure with no leader. A mutual goal is only shared, nothing else.

Just to give an example of an issue that may will arise; AFF is the oldest existing community, second to no other only to  Aspergia, and with the largest population after WP; AFF should have authority over the Alliance.

Now, I'd never claim that - too much hard work - but permutations of that would arise.

(Is Aspergia even still running? WP and AFF both sprang from that seed, WP following AFF by a matter of weeks, but...)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:19:05 AM by Pikajedi3 »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2010, 09:11:01 AM »
Yeah, I suppose that's true it'd likely fall apart from in-fighting. Although I was thinking more of a decentralised structure with no leader. A mutual goal is only shared, nothing else.

If it beacme a power struggle though, i'd step in and burn it down. Its what I do, because i'm angry that I can't do it to world governments IRL.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2010, 09:21:47 AM »
Having just checked, Aspergia is gone, so AFF is the oldest.

..No, Autistics.org is older, my mistake.

And having just checked on Autistics.org for the first time in over a year, the site has been silent since June.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:30:15 AM by Pikajedi3 »

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2010, 09:28:55 AM »
Oh well, so much for that idea. I suppose there's no way to avert such problems?
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2010, 09:31:23 AM »
Oh well, so much for that idea. I suppose there's no way to avert such problems?

Well, neutral ground, adjudicated by someone known across all the boards (or at least known by all admins), open only to the admins and moderators - have that trickle down for voting on each board.

I would nominate Couldbecousin or Tigger the Wing for the job, but Tigger isn't well enough anymore and I doubt CBC would want the job, frankly  :P

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2010, 09:57:48 AM »
No.

Some dickhole will exploit it somehow, and me or someone like me will step in and break the stupid glass house.
I will never stop...

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #172 on: September 16, 2010, 10:13:17 AM »
Well considering the amount of different site admins here, I see an alliance in the making.

I think all of us here is alliance enough.  :laugh:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #173 on: September 16, 2010, 10:16:07 AM »

With some sites, yes, by all means.

With others, well....

Spectrumites and AFF will likely never ally - too much bad blood, though I am was popular with the Spectrumites camp and now I'm admin at AFF....but it's unlikely, me and Hyke have discussed this in passing before.

We've tried, but, some want to hold the controversy alive, whether they want to acknowledge that or not.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #174 on: September 16, 2010, 10:20:30 AM »
Go ahead, but when it turns mean, i'll put it down.
I will never stop...

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #175 on: September 16, 2010, 10:31:14 AM »
Come on Merle, QM and any of the others - we know you are reading this so cut the pretense. I know for a fact that Merle had an active account here not long after I first joined, as she did at zOMG, and she would log on and read particular threads (probably seeing if they were being flamed). And I bet London to a brick that Quatermass has had at least 1 account on both sites as well (we know that Jerry Hatake had been eavesdropping on zOMG the same way Merle had been, and he was crawling to get modship) so cut the bullshit and come clean.

There is a real challenge here by a bona fide candidate to do some good on your site, and by the sound of it some 'nobbling ' may be going on. IF that is the case, then Alex should seriously do something about you guys  and arrest the damage before it gets any worse. You two, QM and Sins, have been responsible for most of the bannings and ill feeling over at least the past 2-3 years because of some childish jealousy or game you are playing. FFS, people in your position should know better, and if you can't act responsibly and fairly toward your own members, and to people that are willing to become members, then it's past time you went. You might call me bitter for being banned by you and the others, but that isn't the reason I'm writing this. Shit, your site needs saving, and if appointing new mods with fresh ideas is the only way to do this, then so be it.

So stop trying to sabotage any attempt by another member with good standing to help get fairness amongst your site, and accept his nomination like the adults you are meant to be.

Merle had an account here but she had it deleted.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #176 on: September 16, 2010, 10:36:41 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm right here, but my guess is that the reason a lot of people who were banned from WP went back and trolled the site was for a little bit of revenge. They thought they were treated unfairly to begin with (and some may not have given a shit anyway) so decided to make the mods actually do their job and clean up the site. Trouble is, with the changeover a couple of years ago, the now incumbents go too much power given to them and came down hard on anyone who broke the slightest rule. Shit, there were some members who got into good arguments that got banned, for merely going against the 'protected species'. I thought a forum was there for everyone to be able to have their say, and to get answered back in return. There didn't have to be flame-wars, but arguing points of view is human nature. Stopping the natural process and stacking the decks hinders what the idea of the thing is about. But then again, we are talking about WP here.

Honestly I have never gone back and trolled as a banned member. I had thought about it as SG for if I get banned again but never did it.

I think going back and spamming the place and trolling will just show them it was a good thing they banned you and why should they let you back? Plus it also makes it look like that's why you were banned in the first place.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #177 on: September 16, 2010, 10:45:26 AM »
So?
I will never stop...