Educational

Author Topic: Who looks like their avatars?  (Read 4303 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Who looks like their avatars?
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2013, 12:23:19 AM »
Did you guys smoke though?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

P7PSP

« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2013, 12:28:51 AM »
Yes sometimes tobacco, lots of pot and hashish, sometimes crank. Why? Are you blaming the victim?  :P  :hahaha:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2013, 12:34:29 AM »
I did smoke, yes. One would think it was easier to quit after a visit to the ER, but it took me years to finally succeed.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2013, 12:51:15 AM »
I did smoke, yes. One would think it was easier to quit after a visit to the ER, but it took me years to finally succeed.
renaeden is just being a big meanie to us.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2013, 05:35:03 AM »
Smoking was used as a treatment for asthma attacks, begin last century. Just smoking, or adding medication to the tobacco. It was the way to inhale.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

TheoK

« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2013, 06:27:40 AM »
Smoking was used as a treatment for asthma attacks, begin last century. Just smoking, or adding medication to the tobacco. It was the way to inhale.

Even in Sweden they had "asthma cigaretts"(!) in the pharmacies until the end of the 1960's - and here it was 50/50 tobacco/datura stramonium  :laugh:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2013, 06:37:29 AM »

Even in Sweden they had "asthma cigaretts"(!) in the pharmacies until the end of the 1960's - and here it was 50/50 tobacco/datura stramonium  :laugh:

Don't know what the contents were of the "asthma cigarettes" here. But, my grandmother did smoke them as a teenager. Together with her granddad. I think they had to add the medication themselves. One time something went wrong. The yellow powder they got wasn't asthma powder, but sulfur. My great great grandfather was determined to keep on smoking. My grandmother threw open the door of the heating house and dragged him out.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

TheoK

« Reply #172 on: November 12, 2013, 07:31:50 AM »
What the hell? It's impossible to mistake sulfur for anything else!  :facepalm2:

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2013, 07:35:38 AM »
renaeden is just being a big meanie to us.

Renaeden is mean to everyone. :( :P
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #174 on: November 12, 2013, 09:30:16 AM »

No.
Unless we're counting herbs. :LOL:

I just developed allergies to everything. Getting married and then moving into a house that had been closed up for few years, had a mildew problem, a bad furnace, and 40+ yr old carpeting finally did me in. All the chemicals I inhaled trying to clean and fix it up didn't help. Even gutting it 5+ years later and starting new only made a little improvement.

Since I've moved into mom's old house though, I've seen a really big improvement. The basement has always been dry, there's a built in air cleaner, and not a ton of carpet (I will be eliminating even more hopefully next year). Neighbor has COPD and did away with all her carpet except for one room, going with area rugs and laminate...big difference in her health, and I can tell the difference walking in.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #175 on: November 12, 2013, 09:10:48 PM »
Glad that the pain levels are receding. PPK, you never died in 2008, bloody hell, glad to still have you around big fella.

Sorry, but, what did I miss here.

Glad he did not die as well, but what am I missing in this discussion.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

P7PSP

« Reply #176 on: November 12, 2013, 09:12:53 PM »
Glad that the pain levels are receding. PPK, you never died in 2008, bloody hell, glad to still have you around big fella.

Not much DD, I just had a bad go of it with my lungs due to asthma + a viral infection in 2008. It turned out okay.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #177 on: November 12, 2013, 09:15:59 PM »
I got it at 28. What a surprise.

SHIT!

What does this trend spell out for others?

I do not suffer from asthma, but I have begun to wonder if I AM trending toward an allergy of some kind. I often sneeze out of the blue. No other symptoms, but there is always a reason for a sneeze.

:chair:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #178 on: November 12, 2013, 09:19:32 PM »

Not much DD, I just had a bad go of it with my lungs due to asthma + a viral infection in 2008. It turned out okay.

Glad things are OK!

BUT, FUCK!!

I did not know that you are PPK. 

So it seems that I did miss something important. One of trusted "friends" changed his psuedonym.

'at'll learn me to be away for so long!!

:violin:

Importantly, I am glad nothing permanent happened to you.

P7PSP

« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2013, 10:29:52 PM »
Thanks DD.  :santa: