Educational

Author Topic: Aspies for Freedom, Revolt Against!  (Read 3111 times)

Osensitive1

Re: Aspies for Freedom, Revolt Against!
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2010, 07:47:23 AM »
I haven't found an aspie forum I like. When I think about it, I haven't found any forums I like. :thumbdn:
The group situation can be a very challenging social situation, indeed. Maybe you would do well for a pen pal.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2010, 08:09:24 AM »
I haven't found an aspie forum I like. When I think about it, I haven't found any forums I like. :thumbdn:
The group situation can be a very challenging social situation, indeed. Maybe you would do well for a pen pal.

No, he'd alienate the pen.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

DukeNukem

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2010, 08:31:33 AM »

I don't think a pen would make a good dildo. :zombiefuck:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2010, 08:35:19 AM »

I don't think a pen would make a good dildo. :zombiefuck:

It could make a difference for you but I'd feel sorry for the pen.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

DukeNukem

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2010, 10:36:30 AM »
I love how the members of Aspies For Boredom think that I need to leave that place. Seriously, they don't see why their forums suck, them dumb little worms! They can keep on sucking Gareth's and Pikajedi's lightsabers for all I care...

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2010, 10:39:23 AM »
I love how the members of Aspies For Boredom think that I need to leave that place. Seriously, they don't see why their forums suck, them dumb little worms! They can keep on sucking Gareth's and Pikajedi's lightsabers for all I care...

One of the hazards of posting a poll is that you can't make people respond the way you want them to. Poor you.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

P7PSP

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2010, 10:39:58 AM »

If you really don't care then why concern yourself with it.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2010, 12:25:17 PM »

Funny that, you seem to have expected everyone to fall on and start attacking each other, but the general consensus is that you sir, you are the problem.

DukeNukem

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2010, 02:01:51 PM »

Funny that, you seem to have expected everyone to fall on and start attacking each other, but the general consensus is that you sir, you are the problem.

Oh hai thar Pikachu. How are ya doin'? Oh, you got 14 reports against me over there at ASS PIES for Boredom? Bwahahahahaha! :evillaugh: Sensitive bitches!

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2010, 02:13:28 PM »
AFF has had its fair share of problems, you're not the first to recognize it.
Flibbit.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2010, 06:23:57 AM »
are you new to the internet? AFF isnt even worth registering on. does amy still run it :zoinks:
in all honesty i doubt you will find anyone who gives a fuck

I think the little green men took her back to her planet.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2010, 07:27:13 AM »

Fail troll fails. Very sad. We ought not speak of it to minimise his self-pwning
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2010, 07:27:39 AM »
Trolling AFF would be piss easy though. A concerned parent persona would be excellent for the role, especially one who resorts to bizarre (but mundane and harmless, like giving my persona's child a teaspoon of honey daily or something weird) remedies to cure my persona's child of Autism. Basically I'd be kind and inoffensive, and even pretend to understand arguments and respond with 'motherly' concerns. When the militant aspies bite the hook, I'd basically point out how rude they are, saying they don't help to argue against my pursuit of a cure. If the caring aspies bite the hook, I'd basically pull of a sob story routine and explain that I'm forced into the position I'm in. Once both sides bite the hook, the game to pin them against each other begins by telling the caring one, that, how can I trust that my persona's child will be fine if people like the 'miltant' aspie types exist? Will he become a hateful person like them and hate me too? Then tell the miltant one that, how can you people be supposedly better than us if you just as full of hatred and contempt of the world as we NTs are? Have you no sense of compassion? I want to help my child and you're attitude doesn't help me at all.

If done right, the caring one will defend me and the militant one will criticise the caring one and me for being ignorant. Snowball this reaction and you have a divided community. Then for ultimate favour after a shitstorm has broken out, I'd simply post a thread with "I really need to say something important..." as it's title and write:

"YHBT... Problem, moderators? *trollface*" and leave.

See, piss easy to do with some creativity, but the real factor is motivation; which I don't have, so relax I won't do it. Besides I'm sure this wouldn't work too well if it's been done before.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:37:49 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2010, 07:41:58 AM »
There's also the persona of a NT woman who had a bad relationship with an Autistic man, the Autistic who is miserable and wants a cure, a sibling of an Autistic sister who's bullied at school and desperately wants to help her sibling by preaching the word of Autism Speaks, the persona range is endless. Hell, you could just pretend to be a fan/believer of a unpopular anime/tv show/operating system/religion/politics/etc the community in majority loathes and cause a stir just by being level-headed and expressing your views. :zoinks:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:44:21 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2010, 07:51:54 AM »
Aaaand we've had all of those flavours, and none of them were as destructive as the one truly great troll we had.