Educational

Author Topic: Hey guys maybe...  (Read 1407 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Hey guys maybe...
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2010, 08:20:47 AM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2010, 10:23:16 AM »
The problem is though, what makes the strings have specific configurations? There would have to be a simpler framework underneath all that.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2010, 03:45:27 PM »
The problem is though, what makes the strings have specific configurations? There would have to be a simpler framework underneath all that.

Why? Simple is not always true.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2010, 10:51:55 PM »

Because I wouldn't consider these strings to being intrinsic if they hold specific configurations aka matter, as opposed to just one or an infinite broadband without explanation. Any result to explain this would have to imply a simpler framework dictating their specific behaviour, and the answer 'they just are' doesn't convince me.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2010, 04:50:28 AM »
We'll never know since the universe is too big and complex for us to fully understand.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2010, 06:02:49 AM »
I can explain string theory in one fell swoop:

E A D G B e.

Third fret finger on all strings on a 12 string Rickenbacker gives the opening chord to 'A Hard Days Night', or Gm7 add 11.

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2010, 07:41:21 AM »
I find it interesting it's called String Theory when they still don't know what fuck it is.

String Hypothesis yeah, but...
Flibbit.

P7PSP

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2010, 10:24:10 AM »
I find it interesting it's called String Theory when they still don't know what fuck it is.

String Hypothesis yeah, but...
Yes, the way other undetectable dimensions (or is that dementia) have to be pulled out of scientists asses to make it work makes me think of Ptolemy's retrograde motion to keep the Earth centered Solar system.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2010, 11:20:57 AM »

Because I wouldn't consider these strings to being intrinsic if they hold specific configurations aka matter, as opposed to just one or an infinite broadband without explanation. Any result to explain this would have to imply a simpler framework dictating their specific behaviour, and the answer 'they just are' doesn't convince me.

They just are is sometimes the right answer. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2010, 11:35:32 PM »

Only if it's an axiom. :P

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2010, 02:47:22 AM »

Only if it's an axiom. :P

Yup. Seriously, string theory is a nice theory but there's a lot of explaining to do yet. I like the mathematical beauty of it, though.

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2010, 05:15:22 PM »
I really want to see if the "higgs" turns out to be real.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

richard

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2010, 08:13:09 PM »
the god particle?

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2010, 05:56:27 AM »
It morning. My head have the stupid. Brain go poop.
Flibbit.