Author Topic: Holy fucking shit... it lives...  (Read 407 times)

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Holy fucking shit... it lives...
« on: September 08, 2010, 05:04:28 AM »
In case you're not a gaming nerd, the impossible has happened... Duke Nukem Forever is no longer vapourware. After 12 years of developmental hell and mythology about it's non-existence, it has finally re-emerged and is set to be released in 2011. I think this shall be known as the first Lazarusware, if the day ever comes.

http://kotaku.com/5632305/everything-you-need-to-know-about-duke-nukems-return

To think, I still have a pre-order on it. I wonder if it'll be honoured, or if the shop has deleted it from their database, thinking it'll never be released. :zoinks:

Hell, I got rid of my receipt years ago, as I was that sure it'll never exist. :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:06:27 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
Re: Holy fucking shit... it lives...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 05:12:36 AM »
Okay, so I'm just guessing... any video game over a decade in the making is bound to be some kind of letdown right? :P
Flibbit.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 05:19:47 AM »
Okay, so I'm just guessing... any video game over a decade in the making is bound to be some kind of letdown right? :P

Well technically it's been remade and modified endlessly and hasn't really been 'worked' on the entire time, hence the developmental hell. This game has a hell of a developmental history, probably enough to make a documentary on it.

Also, to stress how significant this is: there's jokes going around that this news is more surprising than the second coming of Christ would be. :laugh:

But yes, it'll likely be a letdown anyway. :(
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 05:28:58 AM »
By the way, that cat in your avatar looks like it's about to kill someone Sophist. :LOL:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 05:34:47 AM »
Lol now maybe blizzard will crap out ghost. Also HAHA WAT
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 05:54:33 AM »
It's going to be the Vista of duke nukem games. They'll need to release another duke nukem game shortly afterwards.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 05:57:27 AM »
It's going to be the Vista of duke nukem games. They'll need to release another duke nukem game shortly afterwards.

Ha, that's a good point. Still... I can't help feeling compelled to still purchase this game, even if it's crap. The only stopping factor for me purchasing it would be if it contains aggressive DRM.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 06:03:36 AM »

Ha, that's a good point. Still... I can't help feeling compelled to still purchase this game, even if it's crap. The only stopping factor for me purchasing it would be if it contains aggressive DRM.

Hope it's also on the consoles, that's the only way I'm parting with cash for it.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 06:05:37 AM »

Hope it's also on the consoles, that's the only way I'm parting with cash for it.

According to what I read, it'll be released on both PC and consoles.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 06:10:37 AM »

Sort of like that Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy ? (Was that one any good?)  :chin:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 06:11:33 AM »

Sort of like that Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy ? (Was that one any good?)  :chin:

Apparently not.

DukeNukem

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 08:51:07 AM »
Oooooh another Duke Nukem game! I have been waiting for this one for like... Forever? I hope it still comes out, because I'm gonna be the first to buy it! :green:

richard

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 09:24:09 AM »
gaming is fucking retarded in my opinion, how anyone can sit infront of a tv playing final fantasy is  :eiffel:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 09:34:32 AM »
gaming is fucking retarded in my opinion, how anyone can sit infront of a tv playing final fantasy is  :eiffel:
In that case....

I'd better move to LA and learn to love barbara striesand.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 11:09:17 AM »
I remember first reading about it... in a 1999 edition of PC Gamer. GTA2 was just been reviewed back then.