Author Topic: I'm self-destructing  (Read 11206 times)

DukeNukem

Re: I'm self-destructing
« Reply #450 on: September 22, 2010, 06:42:57 PM »
Oh, shut up about me.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #451 on: September 22, 2010, 07:16:34 PM »

Offline Meadow

• Delicate Flower of the Autie Elite
  • Postwhore
« Reply #452 on: September 22, 2010, 07:37:20 PM »
lol. Removed it, fearing it might be taken the wrong way. Glad you thought it was funny too.

Darn it.  I was going to post something about pigs in a blanket.

Now that's the kind of weenie I can get on with. :)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #453 on: September 22, 2010, 07:39:27 PM »
I'm in the process of learning to cook healthier.  It's not going as quickly as I would like.  Both Prince Albert and the Princess Royal need to eat healthier also.  Anyways I'm doing simpler cooking, hoping to learn to use a crockpot.  We're eating more salads.  My ideal rotation for eating/cooking is:

Sandwich, soup, salad or combination for lunch
Monday and Thursday Dinner - Beans
Tuesday and Friday Dinner - Fish
Wednesday and Saturday Dinner - Chicken
Sunday Dinner - Beef, Pork or cooks choice.

Crock pots are easy.  If you want to make red beans, for example, you can cook them slowly in your crock pot after an overnight soak.  Just don't add any acidic seasonings until near the end of the cooking time or the beans won't get as soft as they should.  Here's a recipe I found:

http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotbeans/r/bln69.htm

I like to make vegetable beef soup in my crock pot, so I add everything including the meat and cut-up vegetables in the morning and I have soup when I get home.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #454 on: September 22, 2010, 07:40:32 PM »
lol. Removed it, fearing it might be taken the wrong way. Glad you thought it was funny too.

Darn it.  I was going to post something about pigs in a blanket.

Mmmm ... Pigs in blankets are delicious..... have you tried the ones where its cheese wrapped with bacon instead of a sausage? omg Im drooling just thinking about them....:drool:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #455 on: September 22, 2010, 07:41:43 PM »
I just got this from an Enewsletter today.  Some nice ideas for the fall holidays.

You can use canned cranberry sauce for the following ideas but I make my own and it works just as well. I absolutely love cranberries so I've naturally done all the ideas listed.

Soak raisins and chopped dried apricots in rum or brandy for half an hour. Add to cranberry sauce. Heat and drizzle over ice cream or frozen yogurt.

Season sauce with Worcestershire, chopped garlic, and basil or sage. Great over pork or turkey burgers.

Top a cocktail bread square or large, thick cracker with a slice of sharp cheddar. Spoon on a little cranberry sauce mixed with sliced green onion.

Stir cranberry sauce with chutney to give an added layer of flavor. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve with pork.

Finely chop candied ginger and stir into sauce. Spoon atop a big wedge of warm brie.

Partially fill frozen mini-tart shells with crumbed blue cheese or a flavorful grated cheese. Bake as directed. Top with sauce. Sprinkle with chopped fresh mint or parsley, if desired.

Mix in generous pinches of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice to the sauce. Fill the centers of cored pear or apple halves and bake for about a half-hour at 350 degrees F.

Simmer sauce with a little curry paste. Excellent as a dipping sauce for kebabs.

Stir coarsely chopped clementines and finely chopped apple or pear into sauce. Does wonders for rotisserie chicken or pork chops.

Add dashes of Tabasco and a few drizzles of balsamic vinegar. Heat frozen meatballs and coat with sauce.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Osensitive1

« Reply #456 on: September 22, 2010, 07:42:15 PM »
Crock pots are easy.  If you want to make red beans, for example, you can cook them slowly in your crock pot after an overnight soak.  Just don't add any acidic seasonings until near the end of the cooking time or the beans won't get as soft as they should.  Here's a recipe I found:

http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotbeans/r/bln69.htm

I like to make vegetable beef soup in my crock pot, so I add everything including the meat and cut-up vegetables in the morning and I have soup when I get home.
Everything taste great from a crock pot too. Food that's cooked all day tastes like grandma's or something.

Offline Meadow

• Delicate Flower of the Autie Elite
  • Postwhore
« Reply #457 on: September 22, 2010, 11:12:03 PM »
I just got this from an Enewsletter today.  Some nice ideas for the fall holidays.

You can use canned cranberry sauce for the following ideas but I make my own and it works just as well. I absolutely love cranberries so I've naturally done all the ideas listed.

Soak raisins and chopped dried apricots in rum or brandy for half an hour. Add to cranberry sauce. Heat and drizzle over ice cream or frozen yogurt.

Season sauce with Worcestershire, chopped garlic, and basil or sage. Great over pork or turkey burgers.

Top a cocktail bread square or large, thick cracker with a slice of sharp cheddar. Spoon on a little cranberry sauce mixed with sliced green onion.

Stir cranberry sauce with chutney to give an added layer of flavor. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve with pork.

Finely chop candied ginger and stir into sauce. Spoon atop a big wedge of warm brie.

Partially fill frozen mini-tart shells with crumbed blue cheese or a flavorful grated cheese. Bake as directed. Top with sauce. Sprinkle with chopped fresh mint or parsley, if desired.

Mix in generous pinches of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice to the sauce. Fill the centers of cored pear or apple halves and bake for about a half-hour at 350 degrees F.

Simmer sauce with a little curry paste. Excellent as a dipping sauce for kebabs.

Stir coarsely chopped clementines and finely chopped apple or pear into sauce. Does wonders for rotisserie chicken or pork chops.

Add dashes of Tabasco and a few drizzles of balsamic vinegar. Heat frozen meatballs and coat with sauce.

Damn, you're good! I'd like to try all of those. That last one though...tabasco and balsamic vinegar. It's hard to imagine how those go well together.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #458 on: September 23, 2010, 07:18:10 AM »
I think the balsamic vinegar adds a bit of the sweet and sour taste.  The tabasco would provide just a hint of heat.  The overall combo sounds faintly chinese with a kungfu kick.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #459 on: September 23, 2010, 07:42:38 AM »
I think the balsamic vinegar adds a bit of the sweet and sour taste.  The tabasco would provide just a hint of heat.  The overall combo sounds faintly chinese with a kungfu kick.

I read the end as "with a kungfu fuck"...naughty me!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #460 on: September 23, 2010, 07:46:05 AM »

Indeed very naughty. I will be forced to give you a +1 for that
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #461 on: September 23, 2010, 08:02:06 AM »

Everybody was kung fu fucking
There backs were humping and bucking
In fact is was a little bit frightening
Cos their dicks moved with the speed of lightning

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #462 on: September 23, 2010, 09:02:43 AM »

Everybody was kung fu fucking
There backs were humping and bucking
In fact is was a little bit frightening
Cos their dicks moved with the speed of lightning

:plus:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #463 on: September 23, 2010, 12:26:11 PM »
You guys  :duh: .  Now you have to watch Little Orphan Annie as punishment.  :viking:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #464 on: September 24, 2010, 06:09:07 AM »
When a group bullies one person, that person is often a shithead. So whats the problem, BITCH? :lol:

That logic clearly works for you.
Clearly logic doesn't work for you.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"