Educational

Author Topic: Drug war losing momentum?  (Read 4799 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Drug war losing momentum?
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2010, 12:12:05 PM »
I did "drugs" as a child.  When our parents drank we were allowed a small amount of liquor in our 7Up.  As a teenager I felt no need to drink because it was not forbidden to me.  So I can understand legalizing some drugs because of my experience.

I never did herbal or pharma drugs, for several reasons
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 12:15:38 PM by Weakling »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Scrapheap

« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2010, 12:13:07 PM »
I will admit that I have some unresolved feelings about legalizing drugs.  I'm not too keen on having someone at less than full alertness behind the wheel of a car or truck.  That said, there have been quite a few times when I was less than fully alert when driving simply because I was tired or distracted.

If I am to remain true to my political leanings I would have to say that there should be minimal government influence in American's lives in accordance with the spirit of the US Constitution.

Someone driving while stoned is less likely to cause an accident than someone who is drunk. Pot doesn't mess with your equalibrium the way alchohol does. When I've driven while stoned, I always drove 5-10 MPH slower because it seemed like I was going faster.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2010, 05:15:07 PM »
I will admit that I have some unresolved feelings about legalizing drugs.  I'm not too keen on having someone at less than full alertness behind the wheel of a car or truck.  That said, there have been quite a few times when I was less than fully alert when driving simply because I was tired or distracted.

If I am to remain true to my political leanings I would have to say that there should be minimal government influence in American's lives in accordance with the spirit of the US Constitution.

Someone driving while stoned is less likely to cause an accident than someone who is drunk. Pot doesn't mess with your equalibrium the way alchohol does. When I've driven while stoned, I always drove 5-10 MPH slower because it seemed like I was going faster.

:LMAO: :rofl:  Crock of shit, boyo, Crock of shit.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2010, 05:26:22 PM »
Driving unpaired by anything even lack of sleep is not a good thing
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2010, 05:42:30 PM »
Here they now do drug testing as well as alcohol testing when someone is pulled over at a Random Breath Test station or even on the street. If a cop finds evidence of weed in the system, that person will either cop a fine or licence suspension the same as if they were drunk from booze. AND if you are stoned while driving, your reflexes and judgement will be just as fucked as drinking a few beers. Get into a prang, and you're just as dead. Or crippled.

So don't bullshit about stuff you don't know, Scrap.

Scrapheap

« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2010, 06:22:35 PM »

I was "bullshiting" about things that I DO know. I know you're too dense to pay attention.  ::)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2010, 06:23:42 PM »
Driving unpaired by anything even lack of sleep is not a good thing

I know what you were trying to say, but all that came to mind is that a car crash is a very serious case of coitus interruptus.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2010, 06:37:54 PM »

I was "bullshiting" about things that I DO know. I know you're too dense to pay attention.  ::)

Ah, so you finally admit it. You're so full of shit you need an enema once a day to clean it out.

College education.... pffft.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2010, 06:39:21 PM »
General question to all:

Do you think the aging of the population, meaning the younger voters aren't getting any younger, will lead to less restrictive drug laws?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2010, 06:40:52 PM »
General question to all:

Do you think the aging of the population, meaning the younger voters aren't getting any younger, will lead to less restrictive drug laws?

In a word yes
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2010, 06:41:40 PM »

Ah, so you finally admit it. You're so full of shit you need an enema once a day to clean it out.

Yes, and if you had been college educated, you'd know what is meant when someone puts a word in quotation marks.  ::)

:wanker:

Osensitive1

« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2010, 06:43:47 PM »
General question to all:

In a word yes
Not sure; there's some uptight older people out there too.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2010, 06:46:29 PM »

I was "bullshiting" about things that I DO know. I know you're too dense to pay attention.  ::)

Yes, and if you had been college educated, you'd know what is meant when someone puts a word in quotation marks.  ::)

:wanker:

No, I learned that in primary school, dickhead. if I'd been college educated like you I'd have still been wasting my time getting high and trying to blow my head off reloading while drunk.

Sarcasm.... unfortunately you aren't capable of using it.

Obviously you not being able to read at your age has seriously hampered any chances you ever had of getting past your bedroom door.

Now go sit in the naughty corner and let the adults discuss things, things that are way too mature for your tiny mind.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:48:54 PM by Steve-O »

Scrapheap

« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2010, 06:54:42 PM »
Now go sit in the naughty corner and let the adults discuss things, things that are way too mature for your tiny mind.

Oh gee, that' real fucking original.  :wanker:

You long did it take you to plagerize that from my post??  :wanker:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2010, 06:56:46 PM »
You know I remember James I saying that tobacco was foul and evil.  So I guess the drug war has been going on for about that long.