Educational

Author Topic: Banned from WP  (Read 11207 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Banned from WP
« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2010, 08:51:50 AM »
Autism Speaks is never going to let you be a mod if you keep that up.

And to think, WP might in the future start restricting or out-right banning all anti-Autism Speaks talk. Alex can ill-afford soured relations if he is getting money from them. :eyelash:

If Autism Speaks is smart, they will let the anti Autism Speak language be on WP. Not chasing people away, making it look that it isn't that bad. That in fact they are really nice people. And then slowly flood the place with more and more pro Autism Speaks posts.

If they silence the anti-AS stuff, they then become an oxymoron, because WP is there for autistic people to be able to speak in a community, however fucked it is, and to silence said autistics, then they are taking away their voice. They can't have it both ways, but money has done stranger things.

Silence by cuddling.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2010, 08:53:34 AM »

And to think, WP might in the future start restricting or out-right banning all anti-Autism Speaks talk. Alex can ill-afford soured relations if he is getting money from them. :eyelash:

If Autism Speaks is smart, they will let the anti Autism Speak language be on WP. Not chasing people away, making it look that it isn't that bad. That in fact they are really nice people. And then slowly flood the place with more and more pro Autism Speaks posts.

If they silence the anti-AS stuff, they then become an oxymoron, because WP is there for autistic people to be able to speak in a community, however fucked it is, and to silence said autistics, then they are taking away their voice. They can't have it both ways, but money has done stranger things.
Consistency and decency are not prereq's for them to be taken serious by the mainstream media.

Ahh... politics. Bullshit of the smelliest callibre (hey, I used it before but fuck it).

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2010, 09:27:42 AM »

Ah yes true, but the question is, are they that patient enough? Although they could 'plant' users from their organisation into WP, and slowly social engineer (PsyOps) the entire forum. That is plausible. The benefit of course is no need for censorship. By turning the sentiment enough, the userbase itself will alienate those not towing the line into submission or fleeing. I'm surprised they haven't actually tried that yet, it's within their dirty style.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #228 on: September 18, 2010, 09:37:51 AM »

Ah yes true, but the question is, are they that patient enough? Although they could 'plant' users from their organisation into WP, and slowly social engineer (PsyOps) the entire forum. That is plausible. The benefit of course is no need for censorship. By turning the sentiment enough, the userbase itself will alienate those not towing the line into submission or fleeing. I'm surprised they haven't actually tried that yet, it's within their dirty style.

If they go too fast with bringing Autism Speaks in, they will alienate a lot of members. If they go really slow, a lot of members will stay.
Play the weak point of most posters, they don't like changes. So, they won't like leaving. Make the changes that slow, that the members stretch their boundaries of what they find acceptable time and time again. And that will change how the members view things too over time.
If they are smart at Autism Speaks, they would think troll like.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #229 on: September 18, 2010, 09:55:28 AM »
And who knows, maybe we're inadvertently giving 'them' ideas. :zoinks:

I wonder if they do have people prowling forums for viable 'targets' for their propaganda.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #230 on: September 18, 2010, 12:55:31 PM »

But they aren't smart.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2010, 12:59:07 PM »

WP hasn't been about giving the autistic people a voice in a long time. All you need to do is to mock or disagree with the glorious leader and you are history. A bonus is that you still receive their spam in your email inbox.

I2 is more about giving the spazzes a voice than WP is, although I (along with the people who founded the place) would say that we are more about enabling them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

richard

« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »
today alex plank is hanging out with his friend from autism speaks in a red bentely. i wonder if they are disscusing how to smoothly get the camel inside the tent without anyone knowing?

DukeNukem

« Reply #233 on: September 18, 2010, 04:07:35 PM »
Here comes the Godwin's Law... :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Alex Plank is NOT autistic, he is a sociopath!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2010, 04:52:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure he is autistic, actually. Doesn't mean I have to like him.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2010, 05:19:42 PM »
Here comes the Godwin's Law... :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Alex Plank is NOT autistic, he is a sociopath!

You mean Dunvic law.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2010, 06:23:46 PM »
Thread is over, someones diagnosis has been questioned.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2010, 07:05:56 PM »
Alex who?

Thread still continues.

richard

« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2010, 07:59:20 PM »
:LMAO: :plus:

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2010, 08:22:01 PM »
:LMAO: :plus:

dunc's law only applies to real aspies anyway. So Alex fails on both accounts.