Educational

Author Topic: Comedy Central are a bunch of pussies. or: Fuck Islam in the ass!!!  (Read 1788 times)

Frolic_Fun

Re: Comedy Central are a bunch of pussies. or: Fuck Islam in the ass!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2011, 04:44:27 AM »
I get pissed off by them too, but what about all the stupid censorship because of crackpot christians whining? They've been trying to run the country from day one and I consider them as bad as any muslim.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2011, 07:39:38 AM »
I get pissed off by them too, but what about all the stupid censorship because of crackpot christians whining? They've been trying to run the country from day one and I consider them as bad as any muslim.

Absolutely.

The world would be probably be a much better and progressive place if it weren't for all of these moronic extremists trying to shove their religious cocks up everyones' asses all the time.

Osensitive1

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2011, 08:26:12 AM »
:indeed:

This entire topic is pathetic and I think this part of Jack's post summed it up perfectly.

Wah. My cartoon got bleeped.

No, what is pathetic is the use of the threats of violence to supress free speech.

You can sit there and say "Wah. My cartoon got bleeped." untill it becomes your show that gets bleeped.

Then it will be the news that gets censored because it offends muslims.

Then, you'll be bowing 5 times a day towards Mecca. :soapbox:

Lol, must have been an odd day, Scrap. Although it was left out of the quote, still think you're absolutely right.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2011, 08:31:03 AM »

I agree also and they are more of a problem in terms of numbers but at least they don't usually threaten violence
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2011, 09:00:22 AM »
They've been pandered that much that they don't need to for the most part. Remove it and they'll probably attack too.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:13:59 AM by Schleed »

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2011, 10:39:55 AM »
:indeed:

This entire topic is pathetic and I think this part of Jack's post summed it up perfectly.

Wah. My cartoon got bleeped.

No, what is pathetic is the use of the threats of violence to supress free speech.

You can sit there and say "Wah. My cartoon got bleeped." untill it becomes your show that gets bleeped.

Then it will be the news that gets censored because it offends muslims.

Then, you'll be bowing 5 times a day towards Mecca. :soapbox:

Well to be honest , I don't watch T.V so whatever show gets bleeped I don't give a shit about.

What I think is ridiculous is how everyone condemns the actions of a majority , when it is a minority within.  :dunno:

As a rule I dislike religion , I don't hate those who are religious however unless they use their religion as an excuse for hate / violence (and before you say it , No not all muslims wish to destroy the west).

I just think whats pathetic about this thread is how a TV show gets bleeped and everyones talking about bombing islam , which you yourself disagree with:

No, what is pathetic is the use of the threats of violence to supress free speech

After all , doesn't the right of freedom of speech grant you the right to say you are offended and protest? :zoinks:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Scrapheap

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2011, 11:31:54 AM »

Well, things are a bit different there in Ireland. From what I understand, it's almost a Catholic Theocracy over there.

Isn't divorce illegal over there? I know Mother Theresa campaigned to keep it illegal. After her campaign, she congratulated Princess Diana on HER divorce from Prince Charles.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2011, 05:42:57 PM »
Squid: yes, freedom of speech also includes the right to complain. But complaining leading to censorship of free speech is something akin to Plank banning one of us from WP because we complained about parakeet. Everyone is entitled to their say, but also everyone is entitled to say it without being censored by weak-kneed wallies just cos they got butthurt over their prophet being mentioned.

Whether it's muslim, christian, pentacostitesticles or FSM worshippers, people have the right to laugh at them as much as they have the right to preach their crap.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2011, 05:46:20 PM »
Squid: yes, freedom of speech also includes the right to complain. But complaining leading to censorship of free speech is something akin to Plank banning one of us from WP because we complained about parakeet. Everyone is entitled to their say, but also everyone is entitled to say it without being censored by weak-kneed wallies just cos they got butthurt over their prophet being mentioned.

Whether it's muslim, christian, pentacostitesticles or FSM worshippers, people have the right to laugh at them as much as they have the right to preach their crap.

WP is a bad example.

Forums are a dictatorship, therefore Plank is well within his rights to ban you simply because he doesn't like it , his site at the end of the day like it or gtfo.

As for freedom of speech , frankly South Park is never in good taste so I'm not entirely suprised people complained / protested.
They KNEW what they were saying would get this kind of reacion so really it is their fault they got a reaction , just not the one they wanted.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Osensitive1

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2011, 05:53:59 PM »
WP is a bad example.
Yes. Tv is heavily censored.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2011, 05:55:35 PM »

WP is a bad example.

Forums are a dictatorship, therefore Plank is well within his rights to ban you simply because he doesn't like it , his site at the end of the day like it or gtfo.

As for freedom of speech , frankly South Park is never in good taste so I'm not entirely suprised people complained / protested.
They KNEW what they were saying would get this kind of reacion so really it is their fault they got a reaction , just not the one they wanted.

Shock value. They know that people relate to that, and what they are saying is identifiable with world events and what people think. Yeah, it's crass and vulgar, but Parker and Stone recognise that as far as comedy is concerned , there ain't no sacred cows. Same with the Family Guy ep - and all they did in that was to say Mohammed was visiting their neck of the woods, and when Peter opened the door, it was badly censored.

Mohammed may be a spiritual leader of these 'tards, but if he has to have his identity hidden after 1400 years, the cunt must have done some pretty evil shit. Sure, the Christians still can't get Christ's image right, but they at least show some form of him. But you are right, religion sucks, and maybe we are wasting our time worrying about these dickheads.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2011, 06:17:04 PM »
Religion is a joke. In my not-so-humble opinion, people who adhere to any religion are rarely following religion for pure spiritual reasons. It's more for social and/or emotional and/or "intellectual" and/or political purposes.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2011, 07:43:11 PM »
Religion is a joke. In my not-so-humble opinion, people who adhere to any religion are rarely following religion for pure spiritual reasons. It's more for social and/or emotional and/or "intellectual" and/or political purposes.

Agreed. If there were any 'intellect' involved, they would have seen through the bullshit and ditched it altogether. What is more likely is they are trying to prove a point that nobody else really gives a shit about.

Scrapheap

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2011, 07:55:14 PM »
Mohammed may be a spiritual leader of these 'tards, but if he has to have his identity hidden after 1400 years, the cunt must have done some pretty evil shit. ... But you are right, religion sucks, and maybe we are wasting our time worrying about these dickheads.

We have no choice but to worry about them because their religion (at least a branch of it) is in a very aggressive and expansionist state.

These people are actively trying to push fundamentalist Islam on the rest of the world and we are threfore obligated to push back.

The only thing these people respect is strength.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2011, 09:19:57 PM »
Mohammed may be a spiritual leader of these 'tards, but if he has to have his identity hidden after 1400 years, the cunt must have done some pretty evil shit. ... But you are right, religion sucks, and maybe we are wasting our time worrying about these dickheads.

We have no choice but to worry about them because their religion (at least a branch of it) is in a very aggressive and expansionist state.

These people are actively trying to push fundamentalist Islam on the rest of the world and we are threfore obligated to push back.

The only thing these people respect is strength.

Does the term 'Hit the road Jack and don'tcha come back' mean anything?

It's what I'd say to some extremist 'tards trying to push their shit onto me. That's why I ain't worried about them. Hey, if they kill me, they've defeated their purpose, which is to have control.