Author Topic: Discuss GalileoAce  (Read 9186 times)

GalileoAce

Re: Discuss GalileoAce
« Reply #240 on: May 23, 2010, 06:44:46 PM »
Being transgender does not, however, excuse being an inconsiderate douche in the name of (or under the guise of/with the excuse of) self-exploration, which, IMO, also occured.

Can you give me an example?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #241 on: May 23, 2010, 09:54:32 PM »
sexuality has nothing to do with being transgendered. i would still be trans even if i was attracted to men.

You are trying to make your sex match what you see as your gender role (because gender is all about perception socially, right?).

gender is not the same as gender role. I don't particularly fit either gender role
[/quote]Neither are even close to being real anyways.   Your gender is a lie, just like the supposed role that fits your gender.   They are both based on social perception.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #242 on: May 23, 2010, 09:56:43 PM »
I never think about my birth certificate.  

You were born with male genitalia lol.   You would have to go back in time and change your sex right there to make your actual birth certificate (the one that was made at the time you were actually born) say that you are a female.    I guess they would make you a new birth certificate that says your "gender" is female when you could officially be declared due to your sex change.   That still isn't your real birth certificate, it is the one they would be making for you after the fact to accommodate for your sex change.   You are trying to make your sex match what you see as your gender role (because gender is all about perception socially, right?).

You are taking hormones and considering surgery because of your birth certificate?   Seriously.
They edit your birth certificate when you're adopted, so why not for that?

Editing your birth certificate in the case of adoption is also a lie.   Basically trying to reverse who your real parents are and change it to some people who adopted you and not your real birth parents.   The legal purposes are another thing entirely, and are also complete bullshit.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #243 on: May 23, 2010, 10:01:41 PM »
[
You are trying to make your sex match what you see as your gender role (because gender is all about perception socially, right?).

No. I do not see it that way.

You are taking hormones and considering surgery because of your birth certificate?   Seriously.

No.
I am considering surgery primarily for the birth certificate, it is important that I legally been seen as female. But it's not the only reason I would consider surgery.

And I'm taking hormones to have as close to a physical female body as is medically possible.
What do you hope to gain from being considered a female legally?   Why is it important, other than it affecting how others see you... which is all perception.

If you don't see it that way, then it is all perception.   Perception is how you see things.   Whether you see gender the same way as I do or not, it is all due to your perception.   Gender does not even exist in my eyes.   Sex exists because it is how most animals (including humans) procreate.    If we were all like the alien in Enemy Mine, then we could just impregnate ourselves and sex would not matter (as we would all be fully functioning hermaphrodites technically).

GalileoAce

« Reply #244 on: May 23, 2010, 10:03:05 PM »
Perception. Yes.

How people perceive and therefore interact with me. And how I perceive myself.

*shrugs*
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 10:04:59 PM by GalileoAce »

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #245 on: May 23, 2010, 10:22:08 PM »
People in general are nicer to women than to men, so are you saying you are a big cry baby and want people to be nicer to you?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #246 on: May 23, 2010, 10:23:26 PM »
Perception. Yes.

How people perceive and therefore interact with me. And how I perceive myself.

*shrugs*
Sucks to be you then.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #247 on: May 23, 2010, 11:14:35 PM »

You were born with male genitalia lol.   You would have to go back in time and change your sex right there to make your actual birth certificate (the one that was made at the time you were actually born) say that you are a female.    I guess they would make you a new birth certificate that says your "gender" is female when you could officially be declared due to your sex change.   That still isn't your real birth certificate, it is the one they would be making for you after the fact to accommodate for your sex change.   You are trying to make your sex match what you see as your gender role (because gender is all about perception socially, right?).

Editing your birth certificate in the case of adoption is also a lie.   Basically trying to reverse who your real parents are and change it to some people who adopted you and not your real birth parents.   The legal purposes are another thing entirely, and are also complete bullshit.

Besides, wouldn't the government still keep the original copy of the birth certificate, and simply file revised copies along side it?
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #248 on: May 23, 2010, 11:19:22 PM »

Besides, wouldn't the government still keep the original copy of the birth certificate, and simply file revised copies along side it?
They usually keep stuff like that, at least here in the US I would think they do.    I doubt they would destroy his original birth certificate just to make him feel better about himself.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #249 on: May 23, 2010, 11:21:43 PM »
if someone is adopted, then their adopted parents are their real parents, regardless of birth. Same goes for gender, regardless of sex at birth

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #250 on: May 23, 2010, 11:26:54 PM »
They usually keep stuff like that, at least here in the US I would think they do.    I doubt they would destroy his original birth certificate just to make him feel better about himself.

That's what I thought. Such documentation would be essentially useful for any future criminal investigations like identity fraud, terrorism, etc involving that person. It's also important for certain legal situations too. So I doubt they'd destroy/edit the original, they would just create a revised copy.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 11:46:42 PM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #251 on: May 23, 2010, 11:51:34 PM »
if someone is adopted, then their adopted parents are their real parents, regardless of birth. Same goes for gender, regardless of sex at birth
Genetically, they are not their real parents.  Biological parents are what matters as far as DNA goes.   As far as them being the people that raised the adopted child, then yes the adopted parents are "real" in the sense that they took care of and raised the child.  You are really delusional lol.    Gender has nothing to do with sex, other than what people think of you.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #252 on: May 24, 2010, 12:30:32 AM »
I don't think Soph was talking about DNA.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

GalileoAce

« Reply #253 on: May 24, 2010, 04:53:34 AM »
People in general are nicer to women than to men, so are you saying you are a big cry baby and want people to be nicer to you?

Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying.  ::)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #254 on: May 24, 2010, 05:11:06 AM »
I wasn't talking about DNA, no. Obviously their genetic parents are elsewhere, in the same wat that GA is technically male. But if you're raised by Person X, then Persin X uis your parent. I have people in my family who are technically not related to me. I still consider them family tho because they were raised by my family and we grew up together.Gender is the same imo. If you'reliving as a woman and identify as a woman,then you're a woman.