Author Topic: Discuss GalileoAce  (Read 9190 times)

TheoK

Re: Discuss GalileoAce
« Reply #225 on: May 23, 2010, 03:13:35 AM »
Transgenderism/Transsexualism has nothing to do with sexuality.

If you don't identify yourself with a sexual gender, why is your gender an issue at all? I sometimes wish I had a bigger cock, but that's because I identify myself as a male. If I identified myself as a female, that would be of no importance whatsoever.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 03:15:20 AM by TheoK »

GalileoAce

« Reply #226 on: May 23, 2010, 03:15:41 AM »
Transgenderism/Transsexualism has nothing to do with sexuality.
If you don't identify yourself with a sexual gender, why is your gender an issue at all? I sometimes wish I had a bigger cock, but that's because I identify myself as a male. If I identified myself as a female, that would be of no importance whatsoever.

Um...HUH!?

TheoK

« Reply #227 on: May 23, 2010, 03:21:06 AM »
Why want a gender change, if you don't identify yourself with that gender's gender specific sexuality in the first place?

GalileoAce

« Reply #228 on: May 23, 2010, 03:21:38 AM »
Why want a gender change, if you don't identify yourself with that gender's gender specific sexuality in the first place?

Genders don't have specific sexualities.

TheoK

« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2010, 03:32:25 AM »

Statistically they have. Most males want to have sex with females and vice versa.

GalileoAce

« Reply #230 on: May 23, 2010, 03:41:16 AM »
Statistically they have. Most males want to have sex with females and vice versa.

Irrelevant.

GalileoAce

« Reply #231 on: May 23, 2010, 03:42:55 AM »

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #232 on: May 23, 2010, 05:19:26 AM »

Why is sex now in the subject? I thought GA had always been asexual (although this might be because of the suppressed female issues, so not sexually interested in what was forced on 'him' by society as a male ie; 'he' never entertained sexual encounters because society deemed that it must be with women)

From what GA has said, the crux of the issue is 'he' always felt that inside 'he' was a girl....but born with the wrong body.

The sexual thing is secondary and seperate to that, as far as I can tell (I'm just spewing out my own thoughts here).

After all, wanting to be a girl at pre pubescent stage has NOTHING to do with sex, but EVERYTHING to do with what you feel inside.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #233 on: May 23, 2010, 05:30:18 AM »
sexuality has nothing to do with being transgendered. i would still be trans even if i was attracted to men.

You are trying to make your sex match what you see as your gender role (because gender is all about perception socially, right?).

[/quote]

gender is not the same as gender role. I don't particularly fit either gender role

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #234 on: May 23, 2010, 05:38:10 AM »
It could be the crowd you are getting attention from. In your new circle of friends, you could be higher up the pecking order compared to the general population. Plus there is the medical attention from doctors and shrinks.

I'm a bit baffled as to why Phlexor made the comment about attention seeking.

Well that's the thing, he seems to be enjoying it. No one in his position wants to wake up 10 years after its all over and feel exactly the same they did before they got into and realised that it fixed nothing.

GA aside, that is exactly why people get counselled through this process Phlexor, to explore the history and motivations of the person.

I've read some of GA's other links to his story and I think it's his business to go into, but in essence, this has been a long journey that started as a child.

I don't think GA is unrealistic to think that just changing gender is going to take life's problems away. But the enjoyment of finally realising a dream should be celebrated at every opportunity.

Anyone that has seen enough doctors and shrinks knows that 90% of them (made up figure) are idiots and morons. Hell a lot of them are doing it for the money even. Who'd want to go though all that with the possibility of a doctor like that in the chain. This sort of thing is a huge life change that isn't easily reversible if at all.

Sturgeon's Law: 90 percent of EVERYTHING is crap.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 04:38:07 AM by punkdrew »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #235 on: May 23, 2010, 06:49:27 AM »
If she loves you for who you are then it wouldn't matter if you changed sex. You'd still be you. And if you did want to change and you knew she couldn't handle it so you decide not to, isn't she subtly forcing you to accept something you don't want?

I'd rather accept myself than force a set of fake tits into her face. By the way you're saying it, we're both subtly forcing one another, yes? :orly:

She allows me to do whatever I want, but she's not into transexuals. The same goes for me, if she had a sex change then I'd be put off by her. Love goes on all levels, including physical attractiveness.

Have you ever had a haircut? Bought some fancy new clothes?

No, tried in the past but I realised I was just pissing money away on useless shit. I'm a function over form person. Aesthetics has little importance to me.

You're argument is flawed. If we shouldn't try to fight AS, then why should I fight GID? I have a desire, innate, in built, to be female. To be treated as female. Should I just accept this, who I am? Or should I fight it? And who except what I was born with?

It hints that you are insecure to the point of wanting to change sex. Does becoming female have actual benefits apart from your own vanity? I doubt it.

You're trying to say it's hardwired into you. I think it's purely psychological.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #236 on: May 23, 2010, 07:04:25 AM »

She allows me to do whatever I want, but she's not into transexuals. The same goes for me, if she had a sex change then I'd be put off by her. Love goes on all levels, including physical attractiveness.

What if God forbid she was in an accident, and in a wheelchair, what if that put you off? Would you just get rid of her because she no longer met your 'ideal' of physical attractiveness?

The real concept of love is about being with someone through thick and thin. GA discussed this issue, as hard as it was, with Renaeden. As devastating as it must have been and will be for her and how that impacts on her own life, is a seperate issue from this thread and their own personal business if they do not want to discuss it.

But the original meaning of the word love, which has been fucked over so many times in the bible and by people in general, was 'steadfast'. Which means you will stand by someone no matter what, if you truly love them in the meaning of the word in the truest sense. Now that doesn't mean that they walk all over you, but what it does mean is you enable them to have their own experience of life, without smothering their own sense of self by what you 'wish' they were.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #237 on: May 23, 2010, 07:08:49 AM »
What if God forbid she was in an accident, and in a wheelchair, what if that put you off? Would you just get rid of her because she no longer met your 'ideal' of physical attractiveness?

You're missing the point. If she changed sex, she would be male. I'm not into males, so I'd be put off. An accident does not change sex or anything to do with our relationship.

Part of love is all about respecting one another's viewpoints, not forcing it on one another.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 07:10:50 AM by Mr Shledge »

GalileoAce

« Reply #238 on: May 23, 2010, 07:13:49 AM »
*shrugs*

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #239 on: May 23, 2010, 09:52:02 AM »
I never think about my birth certificate.  

You were born with male genitalia lol.   You would have to go back in time and change your sex right there to make your actual birth certificate (the one that was made at the time you were actually born) say that you are a female.    I guess they would make you a new birth certificate that says your "gender" is female when you could officially be declared due to your sex change.   That still isn't your real birth certificate, it is the one they would be making for you after the fact to accommodate for your sex change.   You are trying to make your sex match what you see as your gender role (because gender is all about perception socially, right?).

You are taking hormones and considering surgery because of your birth certificate?   Seriously.
They edit your birth certificate when you're adopted, so why not for that?

Some of the things GA has done in his marriage (that I've heard of) have been rather douchey, but the sex change thing is IMO an issue of unfortunate self-realization.

I can't comment specifically, but it would make sense if someone was struggling with an inner frustration about their gender (or something equally as significant) to take that out in other ways. I'm sure we've all done it.

Also, GA had thought those feelings had been pushed down. Struggling with inner demons, probably feeling unable to broach the subject with Ren until 'he' felt sure that it was unavoidable would be another strain. That would cause a lot of frustration and anxiety, which of course impacts on close relationships, regardless of the issue.
*nod*  Perhaps, but I won't rescind my statement.  I think GA's innder turmoil over gender 'excuses' changing his/her sex even if his/her wife is a straight woman- the choice belongs to GA, transgenderism is something that runs quite deep and to ask GA to ignore something so intergral to GA's sense of self is, I think, taking the peanut gallery far beyond its limits- it's a deeply personal thing only GA can decide.  (Similarly, the awful situation that places Ren in, as well as what it does to their marriage, is, I think, a hell of a thing to judge from the outside, especially if it's something you've not experienced yourself, which I have yet to hear any member say they have).  

Being transgender does not, however, excuse being an inconsiderate douche in the name of (or under the guise of/with the excuse of) self-exploration, which, IMO, also occured.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 09:55:41 AM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.