Author Topic: Little freaked out.  (Read 385 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Little freaked out.
« on: March 05, 2010, 07:51:50 PM »
I got a new job at a nursing home, and its kind o fucked up. Almost all the people that work there are female right? And the older ladies in the offices are as nice and respectful as can be, but when i'm walking down the hall..

I can feel the younger nurses like fucking undressing me with their eyes, and some of them are so blunt about it they'll do it while they're talking to me. Its nothing they actually say, but I can understand body language quite well now. I know what they're doing, and I don't like being looked at like a piece of meat or something because I'M supposed to be the hardcore, dominant guy. Not a damn girl!  :-\

What exactly IS sexual harassment guys? I know there are some unwritten rules concerning that, but could any more well adjusted spazzes fill me in?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Little freaked out.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 08:03:09 PM »
I got a new job at a nursing home, and its kind o fucked up. Almost all the people that work there are female right? And the older ladies in the offices are as nice and respectful as can be, but when i'm walking down the hall..

I can feel the younger nurses like fucking undressing me with their eyes, and some of them are so blunt about it they'll do it while they're talking to me. Its nothing they actually say, but I can understand body language quite well now. I know what they're doing, and I don't like being looked at like a piece of meat or something because I'M supposed to be the hardcore, dominant guy. Not a damn girl!  :-\

What exactly IS sexual harassment guys? I know there are some unwritten rules concerning that, but could any more well adjusted spazzes fill me in?

If you are feeling intimidated, maybe you aren't as dominant as you think?

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 08:07:16 PM »

You don't get it. Seriously its ridiculous. If only I could act out what they are doing, you would probably laugh at how ovious and wierd it is. At first I thought it was some kind of communal joke, but i've come to realize they are actually hellbent on bruising my penis. I'm not really all that sexual of a guy to begin with actually. I've done it a few times, but i'm only interested in short bursts, and this rarely happens.

Got some REAL advice?  :-\
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 08:13:24 PM »
Actually, i'd just like to be taken a bit more seriously. Its okay if they say, "oh wow he has a really cute butt" or whatever. But i'd much rather people respect me, and recognize my talents and skills. You know?
I will never stop...

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 08:15:12 PM »
Actually, i'd just like to be taken a bit more seriously. Its okay if they say, "oh wow he has a really cute butt" or whatever. But i'd much rather people respect me, and recognize my talents and skills. You know?

Sounds like they are  :eyebrows:

Maybe you are getting a little bit of karma?

Seriously though, women deal with this shit all the time. Just stick to your job, stick to business and you will be fine. Stop worrying about it.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 08:16:49 PM »

Sounds like they are  :eyebrows:

Maybe you are getting a little bit of karma?

Seriously though, women deal with this shit all the time. Just stick to your job, stick to business and you will be fine. Stop worrying about it.

Mmm. Its annoying though.
I will never stop...

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 09:07:03 PM »
If it is only the way they are looking at you, I don't know if there is really anything you can do. 

If they were overtly saying stuff, like commenting on your cute butt, I think that you should explain to them that sexual harassment goes both ways and that women can be just as guilty of it as men. 

Scrapheap

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 09:28:30 PM »

I don't understand your complaint.

You DON'T want women to want you? sorry, doesn't compute.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 09:48:54 PM »
Did you ever notice that most women are much bolder in packs? ::)

Right now you are "fresh meat".

Hate to say it, but they probably won't recognize you for your skills & talents until they have a chance to work with you more.

Seriously though, try to ignore it as much as you can right now, although I know it's uncomfortable. It should die down after awhile. That's not to say you shouldn't verbally put them in there place if they cross the line.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 11:39:14 PM »
I think with time, they will get to like and respect you, not just looking at you like a piece of meat as you said. The same happened to me when I worked with men.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 01:47:08 AM »

I can feel the younger nurses like fucking undressing me with their eyes, and some of them are so blunt about it they'll do it while they're talking to me. Its nothing they actually say, but I can understand body language quite well now. I know what they're doing, and I don't like being looked at like a piece of meat or something because I'M supposed to be the hardcore, dominant guy. Not a damn girl!  :-\

I think it might be being the only man in the whole group. I feel intimidated being the only white girl in a swarm of Asians. I remember in grade 12 I was getting a sandwich at the cafeteria and than a whole bunch  A HUGE FLOCK like thirty of them came into the cafeteria I didn't even know where they came from.
It's not racist it just feels weird being the minority.
Park.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 02:09:02 AM »
Ummm...maybe take to  work out more, wearing no underwear and tighter clothes,and repositioning yourself when they look your way.

Hell  don't know. It doesn't sound like a big issue.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 05:45:38 AM »

:lol:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 06:21:02 AM »
Maybe it's only in his head? :laugh:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 06:47:00 AM »
I can see how it would be very creepy and distracting to be stared at.   :( That's one of the many pitfalls I have avoided by being a chubby frump.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"