Educational

Author Topic: i would like to applaud two members  (Read 704 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
i would like to applaud two members
« on: March 03, 2010, 09:54:36 AM »
 :clap:
soph and bint.

i am very impressed with how you have been conducting yourself on the board as of late.

i think that it is unwise for people to hold grudges against other people for stupid shit.  i think it is time for the members here to notice how well they are doing and get over the past.  :thumbup:
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: i would like to applaud two members
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 10:03:30 AM »
I agree. Little point in dwelling in the past.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 01:06:14 PM »
here's a picture of my dog ice skating...

:zoinks:

btw i agree about not holding grudges. i have no big problem with anyone here

Offline tetris

• Fresh Meat
  • Catch These Men
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 03:56:29 PM »
:clap:
soph and bint.

i am very impressed with how you have been conducting yourself on the board as of late.

i think that it is unwise for people to hold grudges against other people for stupid shit.  i think it is time for the members here to notice how well they are doing and get over the past.  :thumbup:

im new here so I don't know people very well but i agree that holding grudges can be kinda stupid

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 04:09:04 PM »
 :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 04:10:53 PM »
I prefer holding grudges and risking being stupid rather han being a sucker and lulled into complacency and risking "I told you so kinda advice". When the tide turns and things go to shit again. :thumbup:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 04:19:03 PM »
so you think it's only possible to either hold a grudge against someone or just  be completely won over by them? no in-between? surely me and bint are not that scary?

how about just moving on and not being so immature about a dumb internet argument?  you seem to find it really hard to get over something that small :-\

(this is not me trying to either start another argument or ask you to be nice to me btw... just a little advice from someone who has also had similar problems moving on)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 04:24:03 PM »
I prefer holding grudges and risking being stupid rather han being a sucker and lulled into complacency and risking "I told you so kinda advice". When the tide turns and things go to shit again. :thumbup:

In the end it's a message board, nothing more. If things go to shit again, it creates more drama and more posts, and a new flamewar. In the mean time, the board could be about other things, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 06:25:36 PM »

:headshake:

c'mon les! aren't you too old to hold grudges?  no one would think that you are a sucker for taking the high road.
Misunderstood.

Blasted

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 07:22:46 PM »
 ;)

Offline tetris

• Fresh Meat
  • Catch These Men
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 08:26:35 PM »
I prefer holding grudges and risking being stupid rather han being a sucker and lulled into complacency and risking "I told you so kinda advice". When the tide turns and things go to shit again. :thumbup:

everything said it does make for better entertainment for the rest of us  :popcorn:

Scrapheap

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 11:23:18 PM »
here's a picture of my dog ice skating...

:zoinks:

btw i agree about not holding grudges. i have no big problem with anyone here

if only there was a lick of truth to this... :jaded:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 11:30:15 PM »

Don't invest anything into them then and then you have nothing to lose. There is nothing left to the original argument except insult tennis.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 01:30:10 AM »
i would like to applaud a third member.  this time for showing a little humility.  :applaud:
Misunderstood.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 01:51:22 AM »
I want to say sorry to Eclair for getting so mad the other day.

I mean, I can use excuses for why I was in that mood, just lost a friend I love very much to another country for instance, even if the're not actually excuses, but I don't like fighting and I don't think anyone needs to hear MORE about my problems.  ;)

I know a lot of you people don't know much about me except I use intensity as what I would like to think is a safe haven to bitch about my problems, so its fair enough if you see me in the way you do.

Just thought I would let you get to know me  bit better, and realise maybe i'm not such a draining monster afterall.

I reply to every email that gets sent to my domain (aspergersgirl), every one. (except that crazy stalker). People who are lost, confused, depressed and don't know what to do. I also work 40 hours a week at the moment so I don't have much time to promote my forum, but when I become a bum again that will happen.

It may seem like I don't give anything back to the community, and thats fair enough, i'm just trying to enlighten you in what I'm really doing behind the scenes.

Thats enough wall of text for now I think.

Thank you Fatty. That actually really touched me that you made the effort to do that.

I understand that we all have problems with the way we communicate and I know at times I too come across as blunt or that I was being harsh on you the other day. I take that on board.

But, as I said, I do feel that at times I have supported you and cared for your different situations and that was ignored by you. I also think there is much more to you as a person than what others see here, so it was more a poke to encourage you to look outside yourself a little - if you do that, I think one day you will shine. Your apology proves you are capable of it...and thank you.

I do genuinely hope things improve for you, probably more than you realise. x