Educational

Author Topic: Sinsbannedly is unbannedly  (Read 1610 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Sinsbannedly is unbannedly
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2010, 05:22:58 PM »
Keep reporting him, he's breaking the law.

I know. He's doing a LOT of things in fact. I already tried my best to bring this to light, but I can't do it by myself. If a lot of us were to join forces however, that might be a different story.....
one time, several years ago, a bunch of us got together and wrote a wikipedia page about him (peter wrote it).  it was not a favourable article.
the plan was to join WP and to post the link in hundreds of threads to0 get the membership to see what sort of a host he was.
Misunderstood.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2010, 05:31:18 PM »
do it again   :orly:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2010, 05:33:08 PM »
we went into it half cocked.  you would have to show that he is wikipedia worthy.  and to do that you can't show him in a bad light.  which would make the effort futile.
Misunderstood.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2010, 05:41:53 PM »
I'd help. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2010, 10:10:02 PM »

I know. He's doing a LOT of things in fact. I already tried my best to bring this to light, but I can't do it by myself. If a lot of us were to join forces however, that might be a different story.....
one time, several years ago, a bunch of us got together and wrote a wikipedia page about him (peter wrote it).  it was not a favourable article.
the plan was to join WP and to post the link in hundreds of threads to0 get the membership to see what sort of a host he was.

Why didn't you do it?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2010, 11:07:02 PM »

Why didn't you do it?

we did do it but it got deleted within a couple of days.  i saved a link to the discussion of its deletion (which also had the entire text of the article) somwhere around here but i cannot find it now.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2010, 01:30:18 AM »
He isn't Wikipedia-worthy. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2010, 01:31:46 AM »
i know.  we found out.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2010, 01:35:29 AM »
i know.  we found out.

I remember the effort, though. It was fun while it lasted.

I think that the trick is to write an objective article about him. He is a pillar of the community, after all. ;)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2010, 01:36:21 AM »
i know.  we found out.

I remember the effort, though. It was fun while it lasted.

I think that the trick is to write an objective article about him. He is a pillar of the community, after all. ;)
that is what our opening page says.
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2010, 02:52:38 PM »
we went into it half cocked.  you would have to show that he is wikipedia worthy.  and to do that you can't show him in a bad light.  which would make the effort futile.

You could write an article with well disguised and subtle attacks that masquerade as objetive truth. It shouldn't be that hard to do.

Scrapheap

« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2010, 02:53:22 PM »
BTW, Merle should be banned from the human race, much less WP and the internets.  :police:

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2010, 09:24:00 PM »
Wikipedia is all about having sources, it doesn't seem to matter so much if the sources are any good or not, so long as you have them.  The thing to do wouldn't be to write an unflattering article on Alex Plank, but to edit the Wikipedia entry on Wrong Planet itself to describe the criticisms and controversy surrounding it, and backstop that with several web pages questioning the value of WP and discussing those specific criticisms.  Given Alex's reactions in the past to changes to that Wiki article, that would most definitely draw his attention, the discussion page on Wiki is quite detailed about his efforts to sanitize WP's entry before.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2010, 09:39:16 PM »

One sceming member can bring down a forum. Put up members against eachother, spread distrust and angst. Especially if it is done behind the scenes via pm and email, a lot of damage can be done. Has happened, and the less open a forum is, the easier it can be done.

:agreed: :plus:

Seen it done, been there when it's being done. Nasty thing.

How is it done? Can the member go around speading the word saying bad things about the place so no one joins?

WP is such a big place so I doubt she can tell everyone in the world to not join it. All they have to do is look up "asperger forums" and WP pops up and they will join it anyway.

No, it's done internally - an established and respected member can put  a sly word here, a cunning post there, a few PMs, and within a week or two of starting to be a cunt, they can get parts of the membership hating either another part, or a specific member. Ever read a post and come away feeling offended, but you've no idea why - there's no specific point, phrase or sentence which is offensive, but the whole thing just makes you want to punch them in the face?

Of course, it's worse when you've got two of these people, working one against the other, as we did at AFF - it's even worse when you're taken along for the ride and you don't realise it.

Over time, the "feel" of the forum becomes.....nasty. New people are chased away, anyone who steps out of line is dogpiled. From that point on, it's just a matter of time before the forum dies, unless some major, major bannings take place - and even then, it might not do much good.
been there,seen that. was one of the attacked. it was a bad time for quite a few folks

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2010, 09:45:12 PM »
I think Meadow is a lucie1 and she is now trying to slander me and make herself look good. She decided I had sent her a virus. Funny and she is denying how she acted in her emails towards me and is trying to make herself the victim. God she pisses me off. The more she replies, the more I see what a liar she is and a manipulator.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 11:41:56 PM by Kit »