Author Topic: Sup. Surgery time.  (Read 1030 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Sup. Surgery time.
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »
So you didn't have surgery Rage?

I agree on searching for a second opinion.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2010, 06:22:26 PM »
This is bullshit. I was expecting the MRI data to come back and show something that wasn't there. Unfortunately its something worse. It appears I have shitty "connective tissue" and surgery isn't going to fix it. He just gave me a lecture about the dangers of opiates and living with pain and wrote me a script.

Living with pain. What a fantastic christmas present.

So did they find this out after the surgery or did they decide not to do it after all based on this MRI?

MRIs can be very useful tools, but they don't always tell the whole story.  For example, my OCD (the hole in my talus) was much larger than it appeared to be on the MRI.

I know Vitamin C is supposed to be good for fixing connective tissues.  I started taking 500 mg tablets of it myself recently.

I wish I knew something else to help besides this and ice and rest.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2010, 02:57:15 AM »
Have you tried glucosamine sulphate, Rage? I've used it when I was having a lot of knee pain, and it helped — not a lot, but enough to make it worthwhile.

I know this is going to be controversial, but here goes: About 10 years ago, a friend came to stay with us who was a complete vegan. No animal products, not even honey. I adopted the same diet for about 6 weeks, just to see what it was like. All my chronic muscle and joint pains, including back pain, disappeared completely. My cholesterol also dropped, and my blood haemoglobin actually went up (must have been all the broccoli).

I wasn't able to stay vegan after the friend left. Dammit, I loves me some red meat, and am fortunate to live in a country that has a plentiful, cheap and tasty supply of it. But if worse comes to worst, it could be something for you to experiment with.

Oh and also, I consulted several orthopaedic surgeons before finding the one who performed the surgery that fixed my knee problem. Two of them were total assholes. Keep trying until you find a doc that will help you.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2010, 03:22:51 AM »
I also use a Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM blend called Osteo Bi-Flex Triple Strength and I think it helped my joints be less painful.  It helps repair cartilage.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2010, 08:56:02 AM »
This is bullshit. I was expecting the MRI data to come back and show something that wasn't there. Unfortunately its something worse. It appears I have shitty "connective tissue" and surgery isn't going to fix it. He just gave me a lecture about the dangers of opiates and living with pain and wrote me a script.

Living with pain. What a fantastic christmas present.

So did they find this out after the surgery or did they decide not to do it after all based on this MRI?

MRIs can be very useful tools, but they don't always tell the whole story.  For example, my OCD (the hole in my talus) was much larger than it appeared to be on the MRI.

I know Vitamin C is supposed to be good for fixing connective tissues.  I started taking 500 mg tablets of it myself recently.

I wish I knew something else to help besides this and ice and rest.

No, they didn't operate based on the results. They were sure of what the results would be BEFOREHAND, which they weren't. They didn't find what they were looking for, so they threw their hands up and said they didn't know.

Its frustrating.  :facepalm2:

Have you tried glucosamine sulphate, Rage? I've used it when I was having a lot of knee pain, and it helped — not a lot, but enough to make it worthwhile.

I know this is going to be controversial, but here goes: About 10 years ago, a friend came to stay with us who was a complete vegan. No animal products, not even honey. I adopted the same diet for about 6 weeks, just to see what it was like. All my chronic muscle and joint pains, including back pain, disappeared completely. My cholesterol also dropped, and my blood haemoglobin actually went up (must have been all the broccoli).

I wasn't able to stay vegan after the friend left. Dammit, I loves me some red meat, and am fortunate to live in a country that has a plentiful, cheap and tasty supply of it. But if worse comes to worst, it could be something for you to experiment with.

Oh and also, I consulted several orthopaedic surgeons before finding the one who performed the surgery that fixed my knee problem. Two of them were total assholes. Keep trying until you find a doc that will help you.

Keep trying

Thanks sleepydragon. Thats what i'm gonna do. Thats what I always do.  :zoinks:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2010, 01:34:07 PM »
They're gonna cut my neck open all the way to my spine, pull out a bulging disc, and replace it with a piece of bone from a dead dude. I should be fine though.  ;)
dead dudes are cool
Misunderstood.

TheoK

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2010, 02:09:25 PM »
There is a Swedish - of course - word: "dödshäftig". It means literally "death cool".  8)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2010, 06:28:23 PM »
Apparantly, they don't know WHAT the fuck is wrong. Guy says he SUSPECTS a vertebrae is pressing on a nerve, but they can't find it.

I'm on tramadol right now. Its not doing shit.
I will never stop...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2010, 08:01:29 PM »
Apparantly, they don't know WHAT the fuck is wrong. Guy says he SUSPECTS a vertebrae is pressing on a nerve, but they can't find it.

are you still able to fuck or are you only accepting blowjobs atm?
Misunderstood.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2010, 11:46:20 AM »

Lol. I can still fuck, man.  :zoinks:
I will never stop...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2010, 05:11:44 PM »

i use my back quite a bit when i fuck.  i can't imagine how you still can manage...
Misunderstood.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2010, 11:15:45 PM »

i use my back quite a bit when i fuck.  i can't imagine how you still can manage...
No shit, when I hurt my back a few years ago... it would have been really fucking painful to have sex.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2010, 12:15:55 AM »

No shit, when I hurt my back a few years ago... it would have been really fucking painful to have sex.
i know.  right?

but you would have still accepted blowjobs.
Misunderstood.