Educational

Author Topic: Cheap alcohol  (Read 477 times)

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
Cheap alcohol
« on: December 07, 2009, 06:54:51 PM »
I like the finer things in life, I prefer my beer to be brewed at a microbrewery by a talented craft brewer who carefully blends the hops, barley and yeast to create a phenomenal beer that I would gladly pay 8 bucks for.

Currently I'm working at a ski area and waiting for it to snow, it won't be long until we get plenty of snow and I can get back to making a decent wage, but for now, I'm making next to shit, and that severely affects my drinking habits.

I don't get paid until Friday, and right now I have a $20 in my wallet which is all the money I have to my name, thanks to the economy (blaming the economy is just our American way of referring to illegal Mexican immigrants in a politically correct way).  I can't afford an 8 dollar beer, couple that with the fact that my low gas light is on, I still have 4 more days until I get paid, and I'm out of weed.  I was driving home from a hard day at work and decided I needed to chemically impair my brain.  Knowing that a 20 bill is going to have to last me until Friday (today's Monday) I knew that liquor was out of the question, I'd have to go low, I'd have to find the cheapest thing in the entire liquor store that still had enough quantity to get me decently drunk.  The result, a 40oz bottle of Steel Reserve 211 for $2.60.  I usually drink Bass or Magic Hat #9 or Rogue American Ale, but tonight I'm drinking the cheapest thing I could possibly find, and to be perfectly honest, it's actually not that bad.  Dare I say it, I actually like it, it's got a somewhat sweet taste to it, and best of all, it's 8.1% alcohol by volume.  I'm halfway through it and I already have a decent buzz going.

Anyway, if you're wondering why I started a thread to say this, what I want to know is what's your favorite way to get drunk on a really thin budget?  What's that bottle you buy, whether it's a screw-top wine from a gas station, 40 oz bottles from a convenience store, cheap as hell liquor, or even if you just drink raw ethanol (which is essentially what moonshine is), admit to it, even the finest beer snob has at one point in his life found himself at a convenience store with 5 bucks on hand, staring at the cooler.  What's your favorite cheap alcohol?
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Cheap alcohol
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 07:41:54 PM »
Those fortified 40 oncers aren't bad after the first one.  I can't stomach cheep hard alcoholr except blackberry brandy
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Blasted

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 07:43:17 PM »
Cheap alcohol gets you drunk quicker  8)

Blasted

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 07:44:48 PM »
In really desperate times I get drunk on Sainsbury's own brand whisky.  Tastes godawful but does the trick.

Scrapheap

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 08:10:12 PM »
The best cheap drunk that I've found, bar none, is 1.75L bottles of generic dark rum. I like the Ron Ricco that they have at Rite-Aid, $12.99 on sale, and just as good as Bacardi. Mix it with Coke or root beer and you're set!!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 08:12:29 PM »
The best cheap drunk that I've found, bar none, is 1.75L bottles of generic dark rum. I like the Ron Ricco that they have at Rite-Aid, $12.99 on sale, and just as good as Bacardi. Mix it with Coke or root beer and you're set!!
Rite-Aid sells alcohol there :zombiefuck:

George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 08:16:46 PM »
Rite-Aid sells alcohol there :zombiefuck:

Yep! They've got the best prices in town as a matter of fact.  :2thumbsup:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 08:34:01 PM »
I still live in the land of special stores and limited hours.  Supermarkets sell beer but not wine or spirits and no sales after 9pm or Sunday

George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 08:46:17 PM »
I still live in the land of special stores and limited hours.  Supermarkets sell beer but not wine or spirits and no sales after 9pm or Sunday

That shit is so fucking UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!! Sunday is a religious holiday and has no reason to be observed by the government. FFS, I wish this country would actually respect the establishment clause of the First Amendment! :soapbox:

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 08:50:27 PM »

That shit is so fucking UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!! Sunday is a religious holiday and has no reason to be observed by the government. FFS, I wish this country would actually respect the establishment clause of the First Amendment! :soapbox:

Damn Straight

I hate it when someone says something passionate and someone else says "they shouldn't be allowed to say that".
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 03:33:14 AM »
Those fortified 40 oncers aren't bad after the first one.  I can't stomach cheep hard alcoholr except blackberry brandy

My husband, back in his misspent youth, had a run-in with blackberry nip. To this day, he is unable to get within sniff of it without feeling sick. He just loves blackberry jam though. Go figure! ;D

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 04:13:29 AM »
I am a fine connoisseur of cheap vodka and cheap bourbon.  Trick is to get lots of coke if you have bourbon. It lulls you mind into thinking after the first one that you have plenty of mix to dilute the stuff. After a few your mixes seem to be less and you end up smashed with heaps of cok for your re-hydrating process the next day. :P
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 12:47:28 AM »
I am a fine connoisseur of cheap vodka and cheap bourbon.  Trick is to get lots of coke if you have bourbon. It lulls you mind into thinking after the first one that you have plenty of mix to dilute the stuff. After a few your mixes seem to be less and you end up smashed with heaps of cok for your re-hydrating process the next day. :P
He means the carbonated beverage Coca-Cola and not the white nose candy substance.   Liquor does go well with cocaine though.   Who doesn't want to get all yakked up and drunk?
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 07:16:21 PM »
He means the carbonated beverage Coca-Cola and not the white nose candy substance.   Liquor does go well with cocaine though.   Who doesn't want to get all yakked up and drunk?

Do it on the same day you quit smoking cigarettes, you'll end up on the news.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 08:56:54 PM »
There's a Fresh & Easy 3 blks from my house that has decent Aussie wine for $2 a bottle.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.