Educational

Author Topic: I hope Les has another heart attack soon  (Read 13204 times)

Scrapheap

Re: I hope Les has another heart attack soon
« Reply #315 on: December 01, 2009, 10:14:29 PM »

Scrapheap

« Reply #316 on: December 01, 2009, 10:18:07 PM »

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #317 on: December 01, 2009, 10:18:42 PM »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Scrapheap

« Reply #318 on: December 01, 2009, 10:19:47 PM »
At last, a video game even non-gaming guys will like.

Vagina Hero!!!

Scrapheap

« Reply #319 on: December 01, 2009, 10:21:18 PM »

Scrapheap

« Reply #320 on: December 01, 2009, 10:22:36 PM »

Scrapheap

« Reply #321 on: December 01, 2009, 10:24:19 PM »

Scrapheap

« Reply #322 on: December 01, 2009, 10:25:11 PM »

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #323 on: December 01, 2009, 10:26:45 PM »
Vagina Hero looks like a real winner.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Scrapheap

« Reply #324 on: December 01, 2009, 10:28:08 PM »

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #325 on: December 02, 2009, 12:11:31 AM »
I know an MTF trans that barely bothers with makeup or wearing fashionable clothes or any of that.
That is probably why one of our neighbours mistook her for a guy. Twice.

Mistook? Now I'm confused  :laugh:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #326 on: December 02, 2009, 02:02:05 AM »
*smiles and nods at Hadron* Unless you're willing to present actual evidence to back up your claims I think we're done.
I don't need to, your the one claiming something exists without any evidence whatsoever.
You're*
I've presented plenty of evidence. Evidence that has citations, and further reading with verifiable research backing it up. You've presented... Well just your word.
And I'm not the only one claiming. You are also.
Present me a peer-reviewed legitimate scientific research article and then we might have something to discuss. Oh I forget, they don't exist, I wonder why

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/85/5/2034

http://www.hawaii.edu/hivandaids/Sexual_Differentiation_of_the_Human_Brain__Relevance_for_Gender_Identity,_Transsexualism_and_Sexual_Orientation.pdf

http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/131/12/3132

http://www.gendermedicine.com/Uploads/assets/swaab.pdf

Also the ICD-10 is a peer reviewed medical and psychological diagnostic manual. And contains the following criteria:
F64       Gender identity disorders
F64.0       Transsexualism
      A desire to live and be accepted as a member of the opposite sex, usually accompanied by a sense of discomfort with, or inappropriateness of, one's anatomic sex, and a wish to have surgery and hormonal treatment to make one's body as congruent as possible with one's preferred sex.
F64.1       Dual-role transvestism
      The wearing of clothes of the opposite sex for part of the individual's existence in order to enjoy the temporary experience of membership of the opposite sex, but without any desire for a more permanent sex change or associated surgical reassignment, and without sexual excitement accompanying the cross-dressing.
      Gender identity disorder of adolescence or adulthood, nontranssexual type
      Excludes:    fetishistic transvestism ( F65.1 )
F64.2       Gender identity disorder of childhood
      A disorder, usually first manifest during early childhood (and always well before puberty), characterized by a persistent and intense distress about assigned sex, together with a desire to be (or insistence that one is) of the other sex. There is a persistent preoccupation with the dress and activities of the opposite sex and repudiation of the individual's own sex. The diagnosis requires a profound disturbance of the normal gender identity; mere tomboyishness in girls or girlish behaviour in boys is not sufficient. Gender identity disorders in individuals who have reached or are entering puberty should not be classified here but in F66.-.
      Excludes:    egodystonic sexual orientation ( F66.1 )
sexual maturation disorder ( F66.0 )
F64.8       Other gender identity disorders
F64.9       Gender identity disorder, unspecified
      Gender-role disorder NOS

The DSM-IV the american psychological diagnostic manual contains this:
Diagnostic Criteria for Gender Identity Disorder

* A. A strong persistent cross-gender identification (not merely a desire for any perceived cultural advantages of being the other sex). In children, the disturbance is manifested by four (or more) of the following:
         1. Repeatedly stated desire to be, or insistence that he or she is, the other sex.
         2. In boys, preference for cross-dressing or simulating female attire; In girls, insistence on wearing only stereotypical masculine clothing.
         3. Strong and persistent preferences for cross-sex roles in make believe play or persistent fantasies of being the other sex.
         4. Intense desire to participate in the stereotypical games and pastimes of the other sex.
         5. Strong preference for playmates of the other sex.

In adolescents and adults, the disturbance is manifested by symptoms such as a stated desire to be the other sex, frequent passing as the other sex, desire to live or be treated as the other sex, or the conviction that he or she has the typical feelings and reactions of the other sex.
    * B. Persistent discomfort with his or her sex or sense of inappropriateness in the gender role of that sex.

In children, the disturbance is manifested by any of the following:
      In boys, assertion that his penis or testes are disgusting or will disappear or assertion that it would be better not to have a penis, or aversion toward rough-and-tumble play and rejection of male stereotypical toys, games, and activities.
      In girls, rejection of urinating in a sitting position, assertion that she has or will grow a penis, or assertion that she does not want to grow breasts or menstruate, or marked aversion toward normative feminine clothing.

In adolescents and adults, the disturbance is manifested by symptoms such as preoccupation with getting rid of primary and secondary sex characteristics (e.g., request for hormones, surgery, or other procedures to physically alter sexual characteristics to simulate the other sex) or belief that he or she was born the wrong sex.
    * C. The disturbance is not concurrent with physical intersex condition.
    * D. The disturbance causes clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

Code based on current age:
    * 302.6 Gender Identity Disorder in Children
    * 302.85 Gender Identity Disorder in Adolescents or Adults

Specify if (for sexually mature individuals):
    * Sexually Attracted to Males
    * Sexually Attracted to Females.
    * Sexually Attracted to Both
    * Sexually Attracted to Neither

None of that actually disproves any of my arguments, if you read through the papers carefully. You could find differences like that (i.e. on that magnitude) in devoutly religious people; religion is equally a lifestyle choice.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #327 on: December 02, 2009, 08:43:08 AM »
I know an MTF trans that barely bothers with makeup or wearing fashionable clothes or any of that.
That is probably why one of our neighbours mistook her for a guy. Twice.

Mistook? Now I'm confused  :laugh:
It should be the other way around, but we are being politically correct to the trans community.   Ignoring the fact that the person is really a man, and wants to be "mistook" for a woman.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #328 on: December 02, 2009, 08:48:54 AM »
I dunno where you live alex, but where I live people don't tend to look like a walking penis or a walking vagina

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #329 on: December 02, 2009, 08:53:06 AM »
I dunno where you live alex, but where I live people don't tend to look like a walking penis or a walking vagina
We have nude beaches in Florida.   Try to be transgendered at a nude beach.

It does not matter what they look like, as with enough effort you can make yourself look like just about anything.   Just because a furry wears an extremely convincing costume, doesn't make him/her that particular animal.   It is still a man under all that costume.   Just because you dress, walk and talk like a man, it doesn't make you a man.    There are biological men that aren't even men in a sense that they don't know what being a man is about.    Clothing is just a costume of sorts, but with practical uses in that it keeps us warm in cold weather.