Educational

Author Topic: Are you messy?  (Read 2605 times)

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
Re: Are you messy?
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2010, 09:29:51 AM »
Yeah, messy for the most part.

The garage for example: Most of my tool s are well organized but it's a disaster area out there otherwise with a narrow path to cutting through it all. Vehicles are gernerally kept clean and clutter free inside & out.

House has cluttered and clean areas. Areas where I regularly spend time are very cluttered.

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2010, 10:09:29 AM »
I think the floor in my truck has black carpet, I'm not really sure since it's been so long since the last time I saw it.  I have an extended cab ranger, and I don't have kids, or any friends that could fit in the little jump seats in the back, so the area behind the regular seats just fills up with anything I don't need in the front, but for whatever reason I feel should be in the truck.  I bought a tool box last winter figuring I could use it to hold the stuff that usually ends up behind the seats, but instead it ended up being filled with other useless crap.  Also the bed of the truck has so much junk in it that nobody ever calls me anymore when they move.
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

P7PSP

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2010, 07:13:05 PM »
I think the floor in my truck has black carpet, I'm not really sure since it's been so long since the last time I saw it.  I have an extended cab ranger, and I don't have kids, or any friends that could fit in the little jump seats in the back, so the area behind the regular seats just fills up with anything I don't need in the front, but for whatever reason I feel should be in the truck.  I bought a tool box last winter figuring I could use it to hold the stuff that usually ends up behind the seats, but instead it ended up being filled with other useless crap.  Also the bed of the truck has so much junk in it that nobody ever calls me anymore when they move.
:rofl: That is great.

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2010, 11:51:54 PM »
I actually just cleaned out the back today, I started by cleaning out the interior, but I gave up after about an hour and figured the back would be easier.  It's been over a year since the last time I cleaned it out, I even found a shovel that I thought I lost last winter, it turned out it was under the tool box.  Every time I go to clean out the interior of the truck, it usually ends with me sitting there smoking a bowl, then a few cigarettes while listening to the radio until I get bored and go back to my computer.

The problem is that the inspection sticker expired last may (it's now July, my mind works in rational thought phases) and I really can't afford to pay a higher insurance premium if I get pulled over and written up, let alone the ticket fine.  I really don't want to bring my unbelievable mess of a truck up to the gas station up the street and have the guy get inside it with it like this, it's bad enough I take it to the shittiest inspection station I could find (they don't even have a dyno, it's not anywhere in the building) knowing that the less equipment they have = the less tests they can do.  Sure it would be nice to get a good inspection and find out if there's anything really wrong with my truck, but to be honest, it runs fine, I take (not necessarily good) care of it, and all I really want is a sticker that won't attract a cop's attention.
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Offline Ergo Proxy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2010, 08:02:57 PM »
I can sometimes go for weeks without washing my laundry. It isn't so bad with my pants, since most of them are jeans, but I can run out of shirts quite quickly. Also my apartment tends to get messy during the school year in general since I have little time to spare between my academic and social activities.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2010, 08:04:35 PM »
I can sometimes go for weeks without washing my laundry. It isn't so bad with my pants, since most of them are jeans, but I can run out of shirts quite quickly. Also my apartment tends to get messy during the school year in general since I have little time to spare between my academic and social activities.

Then do you have to schedule a day of just   :laundry: :laundry: :laundry: :laundry: :laundry:  ?
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Ergo Proxy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2010, 08:19:48 PM »

Then do you have to schedule a day of just   :laundry: :laundry: :laundry: :laundry: :laundry:  ?

Yeah, pretty much. Every two to three weeks, depending on my mood.

I usually plan for this, since I don't like doing laundry anyway. Hence my clothes tend to be only jeans followed by lots of tshirts. A day of doing laundry isn't that bad, all you do is turn on the washing machine and forget about it for a while.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2010, 08:21:31 PM »

Yeah, pretty much. Every two to three weeks, depending on my mood.

I usually plan for this, since I don't like doing laundry anyway. Hence my clothes tend to be only jeans followed by lots of tshirts. A day of doing laundry isn't that bad, all you do is turn on the washing machine and forget about it for a while.

I can't afford to forget about it...I share a laundry room with four neighbors, only one washer and one dryer, so I don't want to hog the machines!

People forget.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2010, 08:25:52 PM »
The trucks not bad till the shit falls out the doors when I open them beer cans are the worst
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2010, 08:28:39 PM »
The trucks not bad till the shit falls out the doors when I open them beer cans are the worst

That must look awesome! I'm giggling as I picture it.  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2010, 08:30:44 PM »
I have to tell the kids to be careful of my collecton of stuff on the floor when they he out.  Today my brother commented on how doggy it smells in my truck also
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2010, 08:34:26 PM »
I have to tell the kids to be careful of my collecton of stuff on the floor when they he out.  Today my brother commented on how doggy it smells in my truck also
:rofl: You and normal impaired almost make me feel like a neatnik. Not that I would ever do such a thing.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2010, 08:38:24 PM »
:rofl: You and normal impaired almost make me feel like a neatnik. Not that I would ever do such a thing.

Post pics of your messy home! Let us be the judges!  >:D

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2010, 08:39:42 PM »

You have seen pics of my couch and the outside of my truck.

Offline Ergo Proxy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2010, 08:41:36 PM »

I will, as soon as I can find my camera among the garbage pile.