Author Topic: Talk about lameos with too much time on their hands...  (Read 2116 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Talk about lameos with too much time on their hands...
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2006, 03:10:10 PM »
i'm reading neil gaiman's "anansi boys", and have had hysterics at least four times already, even though i'm only about a quarter of the way through.  now there's someone who can write a book.  not literary, of course, but i love his mind...

Anansi's a great book. I read it a couple of months ago, and enjoyed every single page. Have you read American Gods?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2006, 03:17:26 PM »
yes - all of his. i love stardust, cos it's beautiful - almost like william blake's stuff.  or whatisname - macdonald's phantasm.  and his short stories are fab, too.  and neverwhere.  erm...

that's all he's written, isn't it?  lol.

oph, but good omens with terry pratchett is fucking hilarious - i actually had to put that book down because i was laughing so much, i couldn't see the words through the tears.  i also woke the neighbours doing so - at 04.00.

vaughan williams' fat bottomed girls !!!   :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2006, 03:25:47 PM »
that's all he's written, isn't it?  lol.

There's Coraline, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2006, 03:29:31 PM »
bye, intensity!

/hurtles off to amazon...

edit:  poo.  it's a kids' book...  :(
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 03:31:47 PM by Lucifer »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2006, 03:31:11 PM »
Get a decent copy. The illustrations are wonderful but the trade paperback is of poor quality.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2006, 02:58:49 AM »
I've read all the sandman books, but I never got round to reading his prose novels.   It was this quote from him that put me off them , when he said "Sandman is my life work,  the prose novels are just trivia to fill in the time" or something like that.  I could never motivate myself to read them after hearing that.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2006, 03:08:39 AM »
Anne Rice is just outputting text these days. The last book by her that was reasonably good was the Witching Hour, and she's managed to output about a gazillion vampire books since then.

I enjoyed Interview with the vampire- but the ones after that were just tedious.  T've read The Witching Hour, but wasn't that impressed with that either.  I keep meaning to read the Beauty series of books she did- but because most of her stuff sucks I can't make myself buy them in case they suck too.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2006, 03:47:07 AM »
what happened to the lameo talk? :P i couldn't be assed to read the middle pages.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2006, 03:48:05 AM »
Tom Cruise was excellent in that movie btw... his best roles have been Lestat and that Vanilla Sky Guy. :-* :-* :-* he's yum.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2006, 03:56:18 AM »
what happened to the lameo talk? :P i couldn't be assed to read the middle pages.

On Intensity threads rarely stay on topic- I always think that's part of the site's charm  :laugh:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2006, 04:05:40 AM »
i do too :laugh:

but i was hoping someone could fill me in seeing as i'm so lazy. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2006, 04:12:36 AM »

Ok, basically the lamo talk never really got off the ground since it was a link that had already been posted a couple of days earlier.   Nomaken touched on the idea of an in crowd and an out crowd, mcjagger of course made an innuendo about sex; we discussed the fact it was a British only site; we talked about Heathers for a bit; that lead to talk about Christian Slater; which lead us to talk about Interview with the vampire; which lead to talk about Anne Rice.

That do ya?  :laugh:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2006, 04:19:06 AM »
nicely, thanks :laugh:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2006, 05:38:23 AM »

Ok, basically the lamo talk never really got off the ground since it was a link that had already been posted a couple of days earlier.   Nomaken touched on the idea of an in crowd and an out crowd, mcjagger of course made an innuendo about sex; we discussed the fact it was a British only site; we talked about Heathers for a bit; that lead to talk about Christian Slater; which lead us to talk about Interview with the vampire; which lead to talk about Anne Rice.

what do you mean, of course (highlighted in bold above)?

what, you wanna do me? ;)
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2006, 05:39:52 AM »

what, you wanna do me? ;)

Every waking moment of my life  ;)