Author Topic: bksdklksdfktard from WP  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: bksdklksdfktard from WP
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »
I was a shit at 17 too, but I would still troll the past me.

Not many teens are like blfkdkdslds though. Sure a lot of them are dumb immature fucktards, but they're nothing compared to badoksacocd.

I found the experience of being trolled on a few occasions quite useful, sometimes you need to be bluntly told off to snap out of something stupid.

Being trolled also helps you learn from your behaviour on the internet, what people accept and don't, and what is and isn't appropriate to say.
Brown nosing people on the internet does them absolutely no good.

I was trolled a LOT more when I was aged 14 - 20 than I am now and it's helped me learn a LOT about internet do's and donts.

Thats what trolling is good for or has been for me. I do however find the tough love approach to me to be the most useful when I'm in meltdown mode. Trolling has absolutley no benefit then. Neither does sucking up. I now tend to avoid I2 when I am in meltdown mode because I find the nature of the site unbeneficial. You are never going to change internet people, so if in doubt, avoid them for a while until you feel better as opposed to having a spazz about them not caring.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 06:33:16 PM by blargh »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2009, 06:31:28 PM »
 :agreed:

a lot of the sympathetic shit you get on wp doesn't help people at all, even if that's the intention. it just encourages people to feel sorry for themselves. trolling can be cruel, but it can also be helpful

Blasted

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2009, 06:32:10 PM »
One internet don't = don't post pictures of yourself crying  :orly:

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2009, 06:35:10 PM »
One internet don't = don't post pictures of yourself crying  :orly:

I did that once and learnt from it. It was not for sympathy but more to try and show people how much pain I was in at the time just to enlighten them about my sense of well being. Fucked up place at that stage... very fucked up.

Blasted

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2009, 06:36:45 PM »
Fair enough  ;)

I've posted some ridiculous shit myself so I guess I'm not one to talk.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2009, 06:37:01 PM »
i've never posted a picture of myself crying.
1. i'd feel too stupid lol
2. when i feel like complete shit, the last thing i'm thinking is "great, where's the camera?"  :P - when i'm really depressed i just don't wana do anything that requires any kind of effort

Blasted

« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2009, 06:38:23 PM »
2. when i feel like complete shit, the last thing i'm thinking is "great, where's the camera?"  :P - when i'm really depressed i just don't wana do anything that requires any kind of effort

Haha same

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2009, 06:39:52 PM »
2. when i feel like complete shit, the last thing i'm thinking is "great, where's the camera?"  :P - when i'm really depressed i just don't wana do anything that requires any kind of effort

Usually it will make you feel stupid unless you're in a really fucked up place. I was doing things like wanting to cut off all my hair and burn my arms with GHDs.  It really depends how fucked up your mind is at the time. In general its a stupid idea.

Something which I don't think is a good idea to share with the general public unless they can help. Councillors do not help. Brown nosers don't help. What does help? Would help me for future reference.

Blasted

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2009, 06:44:37 PM »
When I feel fucked up, I steal.  I don't recommend it.  I also took up smoking which has a calming effect.  Maybe that?

I too feel like shaving my head whenever I feel sad.  Especially cause my hair is getting so thin.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2009, 06:49:01 PM »
i used to scratch things into my skin with the sharp bit on the back of badges when i was feeling fucked up. like words or something. i think it helped me calm down coz i was focusing on that/. i used to do it in lectures when i was stressed and couldnt focus.havent done that for over year though iirc

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2009, 06:49:09 PM »
yeah what you want to do when you're fucked in the head is never really a wise idea. Shame there are very few wise ideas out there that actually do anything about th fucked in the head ness.

I try to excersise but the benefits of that dont last. You feel like shit again after a couple of hours.

The reason for me totally destroying myself was because of deep self loathing and feeling worth less than the dirt people walk on. One thing that would probably help is medication. I guess the most one can do in the short term is eliminate the things that contribute to those feelings.

Although meds woudl work a treat.... balanced hormones.. bi-polar treatment, anti depressents. Its just they're so damn toxic to your body. Really need a good natural alternative.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 06:51:44 PM by blargh »

Blasted

« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2009, 06:54:07 PM »
I'm afraid that improving your self-worth and getting rid of the hatred you feel for yourself, is unmedicable.  You just have to learn to love yourself.  Do you do psychotherapy?  It hasn't helped me but I've had shitty psychotherapists.

I too used to cut but only when I felt fat and disgusting.  Still have the scars on my thighs  :thumbdn: 

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2009, 06:59:07 PM »
meds can help with general shitty feelings though. i've been on seroxat for... one and a half years now i think. and while prozac and dosulepin (a tricyclic anti-dep) didn't work for me, i think this has really helped. i still feel shitty, but that's mostly because of realistic observations rather than unrealisticly bad views of myself. it#s helped me get out of the house more, which i try to do as often as i can to keep me fromfalling back into depression. it's difficult but i dunno if i'd manage it as much without the meds. they're also helped with my anxiety which makes it easier to do things that make u feel better

what i mean is, while meds can't directly fix the problem, if u find the  right ones, they can definitely help u with things that might be obstructing any progress you'd otherwise make. they can help u help yourself if you know what i mean

Blasted

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2009, 07:01:11 PM »
Meds can fix depression, slightly, but they cannot raise self-esteem :P

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2009, 07:03:16 PM »
no but if you can fix some of the depression, you're motivation etc isn't usually as bad. indirectly you can raise your self esteem

my self esteem is alright now, but when i was younger it was really bad