Author Topic: Is the anglo-axis inflating its own cultural value?  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
Is the anglo-axis inflating its own cultural value?
« on: October 02, 2009, 06:23:48 AM »
Almost every nation has a Susan Boyle but it's mainly those from the UK and the US which seem to count. Why the hell would anyone care for Princess Diana's niece and why is she even in the newspapers in other countries? Why is Emma Watson so overhyped?

The Beatles, like Elvis, were (unlike Michael Jackson) not true international artists. They were limited mostly to certain parts of the world. Michael Jackson was the first true international artist since Beethoven. However, the Beatles and crap like that is still being honored as a universal cultural heritage, their music is being sent into space probes headed for other solar systems.

If a british kid takes third place in an international chess contest, all the world must know about it, but if a russian or something else has been winning chess contests since the age of 9, it's generally unknown in the west.

The value of british designer goods and the quality of british restaurants is being hyped up through anglo-axis media. In return, the brits hype the american and to a degree australian culture as well.

US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zeeland are the anglo conspiracy. Whenever a fat, unemployed ugly bitch from those countries has a cat which can tap dance, the world MUST KNOW. For some reason.

In fact I think the value of english speaking culture overall is hugely overvalued and kept floating through a huge amount of white trash people in the UK, US and Australia buying each other's products, and through the anglo media inflating the culture and economy.

The anglo dominance is an illusion.
Kick me

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
Re: Is the anglo-axis inflating its own cultural value?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 06:28:12 AM »
Iron Maiden are truely worldwide  :laugh:  But yeah, so was Jackson.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 06:30:42 AM »
Iron Maiden are truely worldwide  :laugh:  But yeah, so was Jackson.

Metal is worldwide in general. Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osbourne etc, they transcend culture unlike the Beatles and Queen. Despite what any pretentious anglophile or american Rock n Roll lover would say, the Beatles, Elvis, Queen etc weren't as internationally magnificent as one would think. Michael Jackson totally wiped the floor with both of them.

Another interesting thing is how the US tried to kill MJ's career while the rest of the world still loved him. This is also a sign of how he managed to break free of the anglo-axis. They tried to crush him because he no longer fit within what the music critics of the anglo world deemed as the "right thing" but he survived artistically even after he stopped touring.

In the part of Sweden were I grew up and live, metal was always the music of choice for white boys while hip-hop and RnB from america were for the immigrants, darkies and the girls who liked to fuck darkies. Metal is everywhere here. Artists who had their golden days in the 80's, like Dio, still have fanbases in northern Sweden. I think only Brazil is more metalhead than northern Sweden.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 06:35:36 AM by Soleiyu »
Kick me

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 06:38:53 AM »
Maiden are fucking huge in South America, India, hell, everywhere.

Also, when I think Metal, I think Finland, not Sweden.

Blasted

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 06:40:13 AM »
Personally, I think Prince was heaps better than Micheal Jackson.  I do agree though, The Beatles are overrated as fuck and not even that good.  The Kinks or The La's win  :zoinks:

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 06:40:24 AM »

Northern Sweden is more like Finland in some ways but I think there are quite a few metal bands with international fanbases from the south of Sweden too. I can't think of anything from Finland except for horribly poor Nightwish and the silly caricature band that won ESC in 2006.

Sweden has (I copied this from a list written by a non swede, I don't listen to all these myself):

Opeth

In Flames

Dark Tranquility

Evergrey

Soilwork

At the gates

Meshuggah

Amon Amarth

Candlemass

Arch Enemy

Bathory

Therion

Hammerfall

etc etc
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 06:43:55 AM by Soleiyu »
Kick me

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 06:43:32 AM »
Hey, Lordi rule!

also;

Apocalyptica
Children of Bodom
Diablo
HIM
Turisas

Off the top of my head.

Wikipedia probably has a list.

Offline Untermensch

• Galactic Dictator
  • Constant Poster
  • Sub-human scum
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 07:24:25 AM »

Metal is worldwide in general. Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osbourne etc, they transcend culture unlike the Beatles and Queen. Despite what any pretentious anglophile or american Rock n Roll lover would say, the Beatles, Elvis, Queen etc weren't as internationally magnificent as one would think. Michael Jackson totally wiped the floor with both of them.

Another interesting thing is how the US tried to kill MJ's career while the rest of the world still loved him. This is also a sign of how he managed to break free of the anglo-axis. They tried to crush him because he no longer fit within what the music critics of the anglo world deemed as the "right thing" but he survived artistically even after he stopped touring.

MJ was 'black' and in America many whites have a reluctance to appreciate music they see as 'Black'. In Australia where racial issues are different to the USA, MJ was bigger in Australia and also Hip-Hop has a wider appeal than it does in the USA.

I live in Australia and Metal is generally not the genre of choice for the boys (especially the ones who want to be seen as tough), it is Hip-Hop/Rap.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 07:30:09 AM by Xenu »
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
-- Richard Dawkins

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 07:54:07 AM »

MJ was 'black' and in America many whites have a reluctance to appreciate music they see as 'Black'. In Australia where racial issues are different to the USA, MJ was bigger in Australia and also Hip-Hop has a wider appeal than it does in the USA.

I live in Australia and Metal is generally not the genre of choice for the boys (especially the ones who want to be seen as tough), it is Hip-Hop/Rap.

Australia is also the country which just a few years ago had the racial riots down at some beach where hundreds of whites ran around beating up anyone who looked middle-eastern or mediterranean.

I really can't imagine a nation of pink skinned ozon gingers being very "black". However, I understand the phenomenon. Black americans are generally more popular in Sweden than their white counterparts. White americans are usually seen as scum or "unfashionable". There is no issue about appreciating black culture, that's why some black americans who meet swedish people think they are really lame, because their only experience of whites are americans and they are indoctrinated with the idea all whites are the same.
Kick me

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 01:04:52 PM »
 :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 09:10:07 PM »
That is the biggest load of shit I've seen you post yet, Soiledarse. Where do you do your research, to come out with such rubbish? Fancy saying the Beatles weren't a fully international act and were limited. The STARTED the whole fucking British Invasion thing in 1964, dickhead. Every other group that came after had to measure up to their success, and at least 60% all all groups from England, Australia, the US post British Invasion quoted the Beatles as a major influence on them. And who was a direct inflence to them? Elvis. And who was another person that quoted the Beatles as an influence, albeit him being a black Motown artist? Michael Fucking Jackson. Why would he by the catalogue of all 252 Beatles tracks at the time from McCartney if he didn't see any value in them? And If you want to talk about limitations, look at Elvis. Did he tour outside of America? No. And you know why? Cos his manager was an illegal Dutch immigrant who would have been fucked the moment he left the States. The only time Elvis ever left the shores of the continental US was to do his service in Germany between 1958 and 1960. Any concerts he did were either for the army, or on US soil. So that proves how limited he was. The Beatles toured anywhere they could between 1960 and 1966, getting their start in Hamburg. They were more popular in Europe in the early 60s than ABBA were at their peak, and BTW, it was Australia who actually broke ABBA internationally in 1974.

So your logic, reasoning AND research is fucked either way, cookie boy. And don't bother trying one of your pathetic comeback. because you've lost this one.  :hahaha:

Offline Gorn

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 09:17:27 PM »

I think of Florida

What has Finland produced? That's right, nothing

Offline Gorn

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 09:18:37 PM »
Hey, Lordi rule!

also;

Apocalyptica
Children of Bodom
Diablo
HIM
Turisas

Off the top of my head.

Wikipedia probably has a list.
HIM???
Apocalyptica??

Offline Gorn

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 09:20:29 PM »
That is the biggest load of shit I've seen you post yet, Soiledarse. Where do you do your research, to come out with such rubbish? Fancy saying the Beatles weren't a fully international act and were limited. The STARTED the whole fucking British Invasion thing in 1964, dickhead. Every other group that came after had to measure up to their success, and at least 60% all all groups from England, Australia, the US post British Invasion quoted the Beatles as a major influence on them. And who was a direct inflence to them? Elvis. And who was another person that quoted the Beatles as an influence, albeit him being a black Motown artist? Michael Fucking Jackson. Why would he by the catalogue of all 252 Beatles tracks at the time from McCartney if he didn't see any value in them? And If you want to talk about limitations, look at Elvis. Did he tour outside of America? No. And you know why? Cos his manager was an illegal Dutch immigrant who would have been fucked the moment he left the States. The only time Elvis ever left the shores of the continental US was to do his service in Germany between 1958 and 1960. Any concerts he did were either for the army, or on US soil. So that proves how limited he was. The Beatles toured anywhere they could between 1960 and 1966, getting their start in Hamburg. They were more popular in Europe in the early 60s than ABBA were at their peak, and BTW, it was Australia who actually broke ABBA internationally in 1974.

So your logic, reasoning AND research is fucked either way, cookie boy. And don't bother trying one of your pathetic comeback. because you've lost this one.  :hahaha:
The Beatles ripped off of Blues music.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 09:47:22 PM »

The Beatles ripped off of Blues music.

So did Elvis, so did Chuck Berry. They popularized it and brought it to the masses. As did the Stones.

And as far as Michael Fucking Jackson, he is still (posthumously) only riding the success of 2 albums - Thriller and Bad. Everything eles was shite after them, and before them they never sold anywhere near the amount that those 2 did. While he could fill stadia with a capacity of 100,000 plus (the MCG for example), McCartney was still doing the same long after the Beatles split.

@ Soiledarse: Oh, and who was knighted out of the 2? Does the term 'Sir' Paul McCartney ring any bells?