Author Topic: Do you "audialize" posts?  (Read 1667 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Do you "audialize" posts?
« on: September 25, 2009, 10:02:05 PM »

When I read posts, I read them in my head with the voice and accent I would think the person writing it would use. That's why I like to know where people are from.

Some people throw me though... like Gus, I know you live in the UK, but you have also lived in Poland. And SleepyDragon, you are from the U.S., but live in Australia.

TheoK

Re: Do you "audialize" posts?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 10:06:18 PM »
Yes. I read American posts with a Yank accent etc. Shleeds voice and accent I know how it sounds, btw.

Blasted

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 10:11:56 PM »
Some people throw me though... like Gus, I know you live in the UK, but you have also lived in Poland.

I mostly sound like a Londoner but I do have a hint of a Polish accent I think.  I'm not sure, Shleed how do I talk?  :zoinks: Someday I will make a recording of my voice  8)

Blasted

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 10:12:52 PM »
As for audializing posts, I read them all the same in my head  :P

TheoK

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 10:16:13 PM »
My voice is pretty clear but not feminine. You can hear my Swedish accent if I don't try very hard to conceal it.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 10:18:12 PM »
As for audializing posts, I read them all the same in my head  :P

Same here. I don't tend to imagine accents or shit, but sometimes I try to visualise who I'm talking to.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 11:53:33 PM »
I read a voice that feels intuitive to the person who's posting, and even imagine their physical appearance.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

P7PSP

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 03:15:10 AM »
Some people throw me though... like Gus, I know you live in the UK, but you have also lived in Poland. And SleepyDragon, you are from the U.S. Canadia, but live in Australia.
SD is a Canuck ebf. When I read there is a voice backup but it is all the same voice. The differentiation happens eksewhere.

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 05:17:51 AM »
I  make up voices how I imagine them.

Miss Bint to me speaks in a classic academic english accent, not some London slang or anything.

Phlexor speaks slowly with a humming voice which gives a slightly dim impression.

Schleed has a dramatic, sometimes girly and very intense voice which goes up in high pitched falsetto at times, and his irish accent is very evident. When he wants to make a point, he imitates scottish rolling "R" and goes up into falsetto.

Chris Gopher (gopher because of typical englishmen's resemblance to redskinned squirrels, beavers and hamsters) has a monotone, arrogant and lecturing voice, speaks quite fast but also silently without raising his voice, as if he doesn't breathe. He also makes these small squashy sounds with his lips and has a little too much saliva in the mouth which also makes small splashy sounds when he licks his, extremely thin, english lips which he does frequently.

Tigergirl has a nasal and screechy voice, like Fran Fine. She screams and yells more than she speaks and in a dialogue with Phlexor he's a like a "hum hum hum hum" replying silently and almost submissively.

Callaway sounds like a wannabe psychologist, very mellow and calm and even when she's angry her voice stays somewhat silky calm. Like Moiraine from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time.

Benjimanbreeg has a very poorly articulated, slangy accent, similar to suburb accents in Swansea where "but" is pronounced "buh" and "water" is "waddaahh", "better" is "beddaaah" etc. He also has a typical mangiggle sounding a bit like "hohohoho" and laughs as if everything was an extremely dirty joke.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 12:28:19 PM by Soleiyu »
Kick me

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 08:57:46 AM »
I imagine you sound like that shit I just took  :laugh:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 10:49:40 AM »
I'm not even going to ask what I sound like.   :laugh:

Blasted

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 10:52:39 AM »
I think the last one pretty much fits  :orly:

Benjimanbreeg has a very poorly articulated, slangy accent, similar to suburb accents in Swansea where "but" is pronounced "buh" and "water" is "waddaahh", "better" is "beddaaah" etc. He also has a typical mangiggle sounding a bit like "hohohoho" and laughs as if everything was an extremely dirty joke.

:lol:

P7PSP

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 11:26:58 AM »
Kathleen Turner.  :thumbup:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 11:28:01 AM »
I think the last one pretty much fits  :orly:

:lol:
:plus:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 11:31:33 AM »