Educational

Author Topic: My hometown is a prison  (Read 423 times)

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
My hometown is a prison
« on: September 18, 2009, 05:00:43 PM »
This is not an "I need to see the world lalala and live in a metropolis lalala" thread.

I live in a city with 100 000 citizens or so. I think it's the 10th largest city in Sweden, which makes it rather small. All my life I've been excentric, weird and usually aggressive and outacting. I'm also very charismatic so everyone takes notice of me and remembers me well. Basically, starting at kindergarden there has been a chain of trashtalk and rumors about me. People I grew up with, their parents who are teachers, doctors or whatever. Everyone knows someone somewhere who knows someone who heard something etc. I'm the kind of thing which drunk middle class people probably used to bring up as the "scary/sad subject" during boxed wine dinners with friends. Of course my own actions have led to this so I can't blame others really.

However, it's gotten to the point where I haven't gone outside, other than going to the airport/Stockholm to see my surgeon and then back again, in years.

Believe me if you want, but this isn't all in my head. People still from time to time like to bring up some childhood rumor about me, just like 50 year olds sometimes gossip about the childhood of other 50-year olds they knew 40 years ago. I also have a certain way of being noticed. Kind of like Michael Jackson, people can spot me just on the way I walk. People who haven't seen me for 5-10 years will still put together 2 and 2 and realize that the person behind those sunglasses with that certain presence and style is the one they knew so long ago or heard rumors about. I still get easily recognized.

Being the way I am, an alien Jacko-type, very sublime, with expensive looking designer clothes, dark sunglasses and a priestlike, almost prophetic and sinister presence is nothing I want to change or probably even could change if I wanted to. I also use this to distance myself and maintain a sort of pride and integrity in the face of the trashtalkers. I'm weird, hated, ridiculed behind my back but even as time goes on never truly forgotten. Whenever people see me even from a distance the chain of rumors and trashtalk is revived again. Same old things.

It's not that easy to just move. I'm bad at organizing things like that. I'm like a child in that respect. I'm intelligent and very self-aware but I still have huge difficulties being an adult. It doesn't help that I feel naturally awkward around other people.

I don't know how I can get away from this.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 05:17:22 PM by Soleiyu »
Kick me

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
Re: My hometown is a prison
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 06:50:41 PM »
I feel that way too.

I live in city/town that is 70,000 though it is second largest city in the State of South Dakota.

I have felt like You even with out the designer clothes as such.

I am most likely older than You.

Being 46 years of age.

I have even learned not to care for what others may even think of Me.

That is what has kept Me being sane in the end.

Even though some may have a hard time understanding Me in the end.

I have never really cared for them to understand Me as I am in the end.

I just needed to be Me to understand Me to be Me in the end.

It has helped Me to be Me in the end.

Though that has been My way of dealing with others in the end.

Guardian of the Empire

TheoK

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 01:36:25 PM »
This is not an "I need to see the world lalala and live in a metropolis lalala" thread.

I live in a city with 100 000 citizens or so. I think it's the 10th largest city in Sweden, which makes it rather small. All my life I've been excentric, weird and usually aggressive and outacting. I'm also very charismatic so everyone takes notice of me and remembers me well. Basically, starting at kindergarden there has been a chain of trashtalk and rumors about me. People I grew up with, their parents who are teachers, doctors or whatever. Everyone knows someone somewhere who knows someone who heard something etc. I'm the kind of thing which drunk middle class people probably used to bring up as the "scary/sad subject" during boxed wine dinners with friends. Of course my own actions have led to this so I can't blame others really.

However, it's gotten to the point where I haven't gone outside, other than going to the airport/Stockholm to see my surgeon and then back again, in years.

Believe me if you want, but this isn't all in my head. People still from time to time like to bring up some childhood rumor about me, just like 50 year olds sometimes gossip about the childhood of other 50-year olds they knew 40 years ago. I also have a certain way of being noticed. Kind of like Michael Jackson, people can spot me just on the way I walk. People who haven't seen me for 5-10 years will still put together 2 and 2 and realize that the person behind those sunglasses with that certain presence and style is the one they knew so long ago or heard rumors about. I still get easily recognized.

Being the way I am, an alien Jacko-type, very sublime, with expensive looking designer clothes, dark sunglasses and a priestlike, almost prophetic and sinister presence is nothing I want to change or probably even could change if I wanted to. I also use this to distance myself and maintain a sort of pride and integrity in the face of the trashtalkers. I'm weird, hated, ridiculed behind my back but even as time goes on never truly forgotten. Whenever people see me even from a distance the chain of rumors and trashtalk is revived again. Same old things.

It's not that easy to just move. I'm bad at organizing things like that. I'm like a child in that respect. I'm intelligent and very self-aware but I still have huge difficulties being an adult. It doesn't help that I feel naturally awkward around other people.

Move. I've told you before that your hometown is a shithole.

I live in a parish with 1200 people or so and I'm also pretty infamous both for things in the past and more recent events, but I don't give a fucking shit.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 01:46:38 PM by TheoK »

richard

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 01:45:29 PM »
 i guess i live in a shady part of town but really i do get out and exercise. if i get shot and die my ghost will do exercises

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 01:50:47 PM »
The last town I lived in was completely shit. Small, clannish (didn't help because I wasn't "born" there) and VERY backwards. There was nothing to do that was remotely interesting. Locals were bland and stupid as fuck.

Where I am now, fucking love it. Has most of the shops I like and it has extensive public transport. Only gripe is the amount of chavs, but they don't bother me.

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 01:50:54 PM »

I live in a parish with 1200 people or so and I'm also pretty infamous both for things in the past and more recent events, but I don't give a fucking shit.

I can't get an apartment someplace else, I can't organize it. At least here I've been in queue for 8 years and can pick anything I want through an automated system. Calling, dealing personally with landlords etc doesn't work for me.

I don't really need night clubs and stuff. Shops would be nice though. If I moved to a bigger place I don't know what I would do, really.

If I won the lottery I think I would buy a house in Luxembourg.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 01:53:16 PM by Soleiyu »
Kick me

richard

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 01:54:51 PM »
The last town I lived in was completely shit. Small, clannish (didn't help because I wasn't "born" there) and VERY backwards. There was nothing to do that was remotely interesting. Locals were bland and stupid as fuck.

Where I am now, fucking love it. Has most of the shops I like and it has extensive public transport. Only gripe is the amount of chavs, but they don't bother me.
sounds like in the first town you lived in you had to grow your own food. wich you didnt like to do because it wasnt enough calories. it was a sleepy little village, now however your living in a world of fast food

Offline Untermensch

• Galactic Dictator
  • Constant Poster
  • Sub-human scum
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 01:47:47 AM »

I wonder why  :-\
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
-- Richard Dawkins

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 06:19:51 AM »

I can't get an apartment someplace else, I can't organize it. At least here I've been in queue for 8 years and can pick anything I want through an automated system. Calling, dealing personally with landlords etc doesn't work for me.

I don't really need night clubs and stuff. Shops would be nice though. If I moved to a bigger place I don't know what I would do, really.

If I won the lottery I think I would buy a house in Luxembourg.

With the disability money you get, you can afford to pay someone to do those too challenging tasks for you. If only someone would help you out one or two hours a week, you would be able to move anywhere you want. (provided it would not interfere with your welfare)
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 07:32:32 AM »

sounds like in the first town you lived in you had to grow your own food. wich you didnt like to do because it wasnt enough calories. it was a sleepy little village, now however your living in a world of fast food

lol
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • quit fucking with my dogs equilibrium yo
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 04:50:14 AM »
feix ma spellan. ai nide halp. coz i caent duet.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 10:14:01 AM »
The only way for you to be truly free is to commit suicide.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 12:22:11 PM »
 :indeed:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 12:32:21 PM »
Buy a boat.

P7PSP

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 12:32:52 PM »
The only way for you to be truly free is to commit suicide.
:indeed:
Seppuku weeaboo. It will get you in touch with your inner jap.