Author Topic: people's preoccupation with each other / gossiping / nosey bastards  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: people's preoccupation with each other / gossiping / nosey bastards
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2009, 04:30:54 AM »
And then there are neighbours who know where to buy weed for you  :evillaugh:

I actually had a next door neighbour who was a drug dealer. However I did not know this fact for five years, until she was arrested and the story made the local newspaper.  :facepalm:

Didn't you notice all those visitors they had that stayed for 5-10mins at a time?

TheoK

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2009, 04:31:10 AM »
I've noticed that this is one of the major upsides of getting older- stupid shit bothers you less.

As long as it doesn't have any actual influence upon you, yes.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2009, 05:08:27 AM »
And then there are neighbours who know where to buy weed for you  :evillaugh:

I actually had a next door neighbour who was a drug dealer. However I did not know this fact for five years, until she was arrested and the story made the local newspaper.  :facepalm:

Didn't you notice all those visitors they had that stayed for 5-10mins at a time?

One of our neighbors sons sells drugs on and off.  I figure they will never bother me about anything I do in the yard or noise as I don't complain about them
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Untermensch

• Galactic Dictator
  • Constant Poster
  • Sub-human scum
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2009, 05:34:49 AM »

I dont think I paid much attention what was happening next door to be honest. Neither did my dad and stepmother who I was living with.
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
-- Richard Dawkins

Offline Untermensch

• Galactic Dictator
  • Constant Poster
  • Sub-human scum
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2009, 07:47:40 PM »
Oooh, scaaaarrrrry.    :laugh:

Hell no, I thought when I hear the arrest. All that time and I did not realize I could just go next door and buy drugs (assuming she had more than just Meth, which I will not touch with a 100 foot pole).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 07:57:32 PM by UnknownPleasures »
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
-- Richard Dawkins

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 07:45:42 AM »
Oooh, scaaaarrrrry.    :laugh:

Hell no, I thought when I hear the arrest. All that time and I did not realize I could just go next door and buy drugs (assuming she had more than just Meth, which I will not touch with a 100 foot pole).
lol
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Untermensch

• Galactic Dictator
  • Constant Poster
  • Sub-human scum
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2009, 06:34:00 AM »
Gossiping is something I have learned to do, in a limited way. Although I dislike myself being the subject of people's gossip, because when I am being talked about, it is almost always bad stuff. Lately I have discovered people are gossiping about me in positive ways, especially at my volunteer job at a local neighborhood house. When for example; I had to take days off because I am busy with uni studies, they asked my friend who teaches guitar classes there about what I was doing and he replied I was extremely busy.

That revelation has slowly started to changed my opinion of gossiping, especially about people gossiping about me.
-- Richard Dawkins

richard

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2009, 08:33:15 PM »
age/ imaturity/past abuse issues

richard

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2009, 08:42:22 PM »
and on further thoughts i would like to think that most people who go through this, eventually grow up unless there mentally ILL.  :laugh:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2016, 07:12:20 AM »
And then there are neighbours who know where to buy weed for you  :evillaugh:

True story, told in a local newspaper article about the difficulties of being a landlord:
  A naive, kind-hearted landlord, a recent transplant from a small Midwestern town, was telling his friends
  about his new tenant, such a nice guy with so many friends coming to visit him at all hours!  The landlord's
  friends had to break the sad news that this tenant was almost certainly a dealer.  :laugh:   My sister had a
  similar realization in one of her places of residence.  She noticed that her landlady's son kept a dog tied up
  outside the house and had cars coming and going at all hours, and got out of that apartment ASAP.  :GA:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2016, 07:31:15 AM »
As I get older I think this is all some people have to do...talk about other people.

I tend to avoid everyone and I get so pissed at the SO for telling people what's going on in our lives all the time...especially if it's bad...they seem to love to share the bad stuff. But my MIL is attending church now and on Facebook...so even stuffing a sock in SO mouth before we go out in public isn't going to do much good.

I like my private life private, and I don't want to hear about anyone elses either. If I ever get that damn bored I'll take up lint collecting first.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2016, 08:32:06 AM »
Gossip is one of my weaknesses.  I love to hear it and I love to share it.  But then I did some thinking on it.

Why am I reading/sharing this?  Is it to feel important?  That I know something you don't know?  To hurt the person I'm talking about?  I notice that I censor myself more lately since these questions are in my mind.

What if it's something that the listener needs to know?  I try to say that XX had some experience with the situation (investments, purchases, etc.) and maybe you should talk to them about advice.   (We had a horrible experience with an electrician and while I won't speak freely about him, if asked for a good electrician I will share my experience.)

I've learned to skip most of the snarky/ tittilating news articles.  However my one big weakness is the Free Jinger Forum (snarks on fundamentalists).  Lord, what a rabbit hole/howl.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2016, 09:45:40 AM »
It got so overwhelming at work, completely disengaged over two years ago. Take breaks alone, decline lunch invites, decline celebrations or group activities; do my job and go home. Am more content for it; when rarely hearing them snipe about each other, also rarely wonder what's being sniped about me, and also rarely encouraged to participate. Had to make it clear to a few, especially own team members and boss, if it's not about the data then don't want to talk about it. It's been nice.

Offline Grey Area

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2016, 07:41:49 PM »
I often wonder if strangers who see me frequently have a nickname for me that they use behind my back.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 08:50:24 PM by Grey Area »
There are no atheists when the toilet water is rising.
:GA:  :trollskull: 

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2016, 07:48:09 PM »
I hate people
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap