Author Topic: Ask Soleiyu some shit  (Read 12040 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Ask Soleiyu some shit
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2009, 03:56:39 PM »
I'd love to have my eyesight corrected but I'd probably still need some kind of reading glasses. Oh the joys of being middle-aged.

Do you use different glasses for different viewing distances?  I have an astigmatism in both eyes; things appear blurry to me regardless of how far away they are, and I have a single pair of glasses that are equally effective for viewing things close up and in the distance.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Untermensch

• Galactic Dictator
  • Constant Poster
  • Sub-human scum
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2009, 05:28:21 PM »

Do you use different glasses for different viewing distances?  I have an astigmatism in both eyes; things appear blurry to me regardless of how far away they are, and I have a single pair of glasses that are equally effective for viewing things close up and in the distance.

I have astigmatism too, Peter. Also I wear the same sort of glasses, just for when I am reading, watching the tv and using the computer.
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
-- Richard Dawkins

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2009, 05:48:38 PM »
i have slight astigmatism apparently. my glasses are because i'm short-sighted, so I don't need to wear them all the time. I usually do though, as it stops me breakig them and losing them so much. I used to break or lose my glasses unbelievably regularaly when I only wore them for seeing the board at school or watching tv etc. My eyes gradually got worse through my adolescence though, so makes sense to wear them more.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2009, 06:01:43 PM »
Someday I would like lasik, though, so I can't claim to be totally free of vanity surgery desires.  It's not that I don't like how I look with glasses (the ones I have actually look pretty good on me IMO), but the convenience/field of vision issues that glasses don't address, and that contact lenses only address at a price (again, financial and suffering, lol).

Same here; I'm fine with how I look when I wear glasses, but I'm constantly cleaning them to remove the assorted crud that gets deposited on them, they get scratched and chipped between replacements and they're useless in the rain.  It doesn't currently bother me enough though, to spend that kind of money and have people doing things to my eyes with needles, surgical clamps and whatever other torture devices they use.
Lasers, I think, and I'm pretty sure you're out for it.  :P  My grandfather and mother have each gotten it, with no ill effects.  Even knowing that, though, I'd do one eye and then the other rather than risk total blindness.

The rain is one of the biggest complaints I have with glasses; the other is driving/incompatibility with sunglasses.  You can get clip-ons but they're kind of terrible, and I doubt the strength/reliability of those color-changing glasses.

I'd love to have my eyesight corrected but I'd probably still need some kind of reading glasses. Oh the joys of being middle-aged.

Do you use different glasses for different viewing distances?  I have an astigmatism in both eyes; things appear blurry to me regardless of how far away they are, and I have a single pair of glasses that are equally effective for viewing things close up and in the distance.
I think that if you have astigmatism it makes Lasik trickier if not impossible, but that's just something I've heard, so it might be B.S.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2009, 06:06:19 PM »
the rain on my glasses is something that doesn't really bother me, strangely.

having to clean them every five minutes does though... and if  I'm reading and the frame gets in the way at the bottom of the page

i've heard the laser stuff can be very uncomfortable though, and i'm a pussy

P7PSP

« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2009, 07:30:10 PM »
The rain is one of the biggest complaints I have with glasses; the other is driving/incompatibility with sunglasses.  You can get clip-ons but they're kind of terrible, and I doubt the strength/reliability of those color-changing glasses.
Transition lenses actually work very well.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2009, 07:42:12 PM »
Transition lenses actually work very well.

Except that they only darken in direct UV light, so they aren't really that good for driving.

Blasted

« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2009, 08:51:33 PM »
My glasses get dusty really quickly and since I have an allergy to dust, it fucking sucks.  I too am short-sighted and have astigmatism.  Before my eye-sight used to be vaugely decent, now I can't read any chunk of text (like ads and such) unless I'm standing right in front of it  :thumbdn:

TheoK

« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2009, 12:42:41 AM »
I had my sight corrected with laser surgery alreday in 1991, being one of the first in Sweden to have it. I don't see really that good as I did the first years after the surgery, though I still don't need any glasses after 18 years. This method was the method used before Lasic, don't remember it's name, though. I do remember that it cost 24600 kronor (about 50000 kronor today) and that you had to pay for it yourself. Though I was happy to quit using lenses and glasses.

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2009, 04:53:47 AM »
I might fix my eyesight, but first my skin. It's not that bad but I still have some early aging from excessive tanning as a teenager. Fraxel laser is going to take care of that.
Kick me

TheoK

« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2009, 05:00:13 AM »
You should actually fix your eyes first, because it's harder to get the operation successful the older you get.

I guess they don't have laser eye surgery up in Shithouseville, but they probably do in Sundsvall. Otherwise you can go to Stockholm, of course, that's where I had my surgery; it was the first laser eye surgery clinic in Sweden.

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2009, 05:10:36 AM »
You should actually fix your eyes first, because it's harder to get the operation successful the older you get.

I guess they don't have laser eye surgery up in Shithouseville, but they probably do in Sundsvall. Otherwise you can go to Stockholm, of course, that's where I had my surgery; it was the first laser eye surgery clinic in Sweden.

We do have Koskela, one of the first to introduce it in Sweden. Even people from outside come to visit him. It used to be for long one of the only eye surgeons around. He's been active for decades and have a good resumé. I think he helped a lot of people.
Kick me

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2009, 05:49:33 AM »
i think plastic sergery should be reserved for people who need it. i had it once, to keep my eye from sinking, when i got jumped in high school. i seem to be the only one that can tell that its not quite the same as it was, so i guess they did a good job, either that or people are lieing when they say they cant see it. anyways im still all hawt and shit so i guess they did a good job.

i know one person in particular that wasnt ugly but wasnt very good looking either. she had a nose job and a boob job shortly after high school. she thought that she didnt have friends cause she wasnt good looking enough. well it turns out that she didnt have friends cause shes a cunt. all the surgery did was make alot of slob retarded guys hit on her all the time. now she just looks like a stripper cunt.

be happy with what god/genes gave you bint, having seen your pics, i woulndt want you to change a thing.
Your need was more obvious, matthe, but I'd say some people who don't seem to "need" surgery may find that having plastic surgery legitimate enhances their self-esteem and increases their happiness and sense of well-being.  if they can afford it and are willing to undergo the process, I wouldn't deny them the opportunity, no matter my opinion on their "need" or on the before-and-after.  Personally, I think there are some parts of my body that I'd "rather" have look a certain way, but there's nothing aesthetic I'm so upset about that I'd go under the knife to fix it.  I'm not willing to spend the money or the recovery time/suffer during recovery.

Someday I would like lasik, though, so I can't claim to be totally free of vanity surgery desires.  It's not that I don't like how I look with glasses (the ones I have actually look pretty good on me IMO), but the convenience/field of vision issues that glasses don't address, and that contact lenses only address at a price (again, financial and suffering, lol).
No, no - it detracts from everyone elses happiness. Last thing you should be promoting is yet another inconvient and expensive social expectation. All it does it add to the social bullshit and reduce equality.

Lazek is slightly different, though I think the best solution is to not have to wear glasses at all. I reckon in 10 years everyone will be wearing them, or contacts, just so they can have a wearble display.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2009, 06:35:03 AM »
No, no - it detracts from everyone elses happiness. Last thing you should be promoting is yet another inconvient and expensive social expectation. All it does it add to the social bullshit and reduce equality.
Allowing, not promoting, dumbass.

Lazek is slightly different, though I think the best solution is to not have to wear glasses at all. I reckon in 10 years everyone will be wearing them, or contacts, just so they can have a wearble display.
Lasik IS "not having to wear glasses at all."  And contact lenses can be uncomfortable or even painful.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2009, 06:38:02 AM »
"Just because I don't want to look good, everyone else should be denied the right so I won't feel stress".

That's really weak logic tbh.

People who can't understand fully what's going on in the minds of some plastic surgery patients shouldn't be so generalizing. It's about a sense of well being. Even if we removed everything related to pop culture, humans would still seek aesthetic ideals in others and for themselves and in different ways try to enhance themselves. Even cavemen did this.
Kick me