Author Topic: An intriguing thought about 2012  (Read 2211 times)

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: An intriguing thought about 2012
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 07:11:15 PM »
I think in 2012 there are going to be a bunch of people looking real stupid about this Mayan Calendar end of the world shit.

yeah i think so too. i actually believe in the mayan calander and its cycles, but people have twisted its "end" into something its not. its essentially the mayan equivalent to y2k, in that its not the "end" of the calander but the begining of a big cycle.

its just like a regular old 2008 calander, in december, you just go buy a new one for 2009, but it doesnt mean that time will stop on new years eve.

Good point this, and it makes me wonder how the Australian Aborigines accounted for things like airplanes and telephones in the Dreamtime. Damn! Now I'm all curious and will have to go and research the matter. :laugh:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 07:15:47 PM »
what is the dreamtime?

you know in the war, dogs learned to tell by the noise of the engine whether a plane was an enemy bomber or not

so they felt safe enough to stick around if they heard one of their own planes, but went and hid if they heard an enemy plane

unless it was american, then they run and hide regardless of the side they're on  :zoinks:

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 07:34:24 PM »
I think in 2012 there are going to be a bunch of people looking real stupid about this Mayan Calendar end of the world shit.

yeah i think so too. i actually believe in the mayan calander and its cycles, but people have twisted its "end" into something its not. its essentially the mayan equivalent to y2k, in that its not the "end" of the calander but the begining of a big cycle.

its just like a regular old 2008 calander, in december, you just go buy a new one for 2009, but it doesnt mean that time will stop on new years eve.

Good point this, and it makes me wonder how the Australian Aborigines accounted for things like airplanes and telephones in the Dreamtime. Damn! Now I'm all curious and will have to go and research the matter. :laugh:

I think the aborigines weren't drawing planes as such, what they would have been drawing is large birds. Europeans interpreted the drawing to be of futuristic prophecies, becuase that's how they were interpreting the Egyptian heiroglyphs. If asked, the aboriginal will repeat teh story told by his elders, probably the one about the Wanjina (or whatever), and because they say it was something huge that came from anoither place, or from the stars, it will be interpreted as plane or spacecraft.

There is an aboriginal joke going around about when Cook landed, he put the telescope up to his eye to look, and one aboriginal said 'Look, he can't even play the fucking thing!'

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 07:37:10 PM »
when is a door not a door?

when it's a jar

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 10:34:39 PM »
2013 will be the year where the big believers of something special happening in 2012 will rewrite their story.
And something important will have happened in 2012 in that story I guess, something invisible for mortal eyes, but very important for those who know.

Has been done before, will be done again.

The world has come to an end so many times.

I will be smirking so deviously when the day passes and nothing happens. It'll also be funny to watch these nutters trying to explain why nothing happened or as you say, edit their story to justify it. I've seen it happen too many times by watching journalism reports on cults, being a part of online UFO/Paranormal communities and reading how cults function. But it took a certain experience on one board for me to wake up and realize my own bullshit via epiphany.

Let's just say, sometimes if you hear something that's just too full of shit and reeks of manipulation and lies; it will snap you back into sanity and make you question it all.

But it really doesn't matter anyway because, time reveals the true answers eventually, and that's what makes it fun to be alive, well for me anyway. :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 10:38:48 PM by Singularity »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 02:19:19 AM »
I have seen a picture of the Mayan calendar and it just looks like they ran out of room to write any more on it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 02:35:34 AM »
I have seen a picture of the Mayan calendar and it just looks like they ran out of room to write any more on it.

What actually amazes me is how the silly buggers couldn't even predict the end of their own civilization.....:LMAO:

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • quit fucking with my dogs equilibrium yo
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 05:20:28 AM »

What actually amazes me is how the silly buggers couldn't even predict the end of their own civilization.....:LMAO:

actaully they did, quite acuratley too.
feix ma spellan. ai nide halp. coz i caent duet.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 07:49:12 PM »

actaully they did, quite acuratley too.

"The Portuguese are here, boys. We're fucked".  :lol:

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 02:46:01 AM »
the mayans did, infact, predict cheny, 911, the internet, and starbucks; specifically, by name in 1978. i am a witness. and so is cheny.

how do you like them apples?

also i believe it was the spanish.  the portugese only had small pieces here and there. but the spanish had tapas. and i mean tapas del todo del mundo.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2009, 02:52:59 AM »
the mayans did, infact, predict cheny, 911, the internet, and starbucks; specifically, by name in 1978. i am a witness. and so is cheny.

how do you like them apples?

also i believe it was the spanish.  the portugese only had small pieces here and there. but the spanish had tapas. and i mean tapas del todo del mundo.

Still, how were they to know the difference? Either way, it was 'adios, amigo... hahahahaha!'  :litigious:

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 02:59:47 AM »
actually there are still several million mayans living today. so, really, their civilization never ended. but they did predict the coming of the spanyards.

fucking spanyards always ruin the party. i could have predicted that.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2009, 05:26:03 PM »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2009, 05:33:22 PM »

Shit, no wonder the Mayans died out. Being punished with the soft cushions and the comfy chair. That's more than any person can take.....  :hahaha:

P7PSP

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2009, 03:41:06 AM »
No shit. They probably figured 400 years was long enough in advance to figure out what day of the week Kukulcans birthday was on, let the fucking grandkids deal with it they had to repair the bridge over the stream or something.