Author Topic: Gordon Brown's wife defends NHS on Twitter lol  (Read 286 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Gordon Brown's wife defends NHS on Twitter lol
« on: August 13, 2009, 03:58:47 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8199615.stm

Some of the shit I've seen being said about the NHS and obama being a "communist" etc is absolutely insane.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Gordon Brown's wife defends NHS on Twitter lol
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 04:13:42 PM »
Its what happens when morons get the vote.

P7PSP

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 04:18:34 PM »
Our government doesn't run the TWIC Program http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm worth fuck all and I am one of twenty six million veterans who's records were compromised by thieves because of an incompetent, or criminal, VA employee. http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/23/vets.data/index.html  

You Brits can do what you want. Why should I trust my medical data to an even larger database then it is in? A database run by a government that has shown itself incapable of securing my VA records or running the TWIC program without crashing the database like they did last Autumn?

Yeah, all Americans are morons.  ::)  :finger: Bigoted piece of shit.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 05:19:40 PM »
Our government doesn't run the TWIC Program http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm worth fuck all and I am one of twenty six million veterans who's records were compromised by thieves because of an incompetent, or criminal, VA employee. http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/23/vets.data/index.html  

You Brits can do what you want. Why should I trust my medical data to an even larger database then it is in? A database run by a government that has shown itself incapable of securing my VA records or running the TWIC program without crashing the database like they did last Autumn?

All Americans who are stupid and/or evil enough to vote Republican should have their voting cards ripped up - it is disgraceful that such options are allowed on the ballot paper. Your electoral system is like the choice between the UK Conservative Party and the UK Nazi party on the ballot paper.

Blasted

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 05:41:01 PM »
It's ridiculous.  "Orwellian"?  Come on.  Although personally I think the NHS is shit in some aspects, especially when it comes to psychotherapy.  You have to be on the verge of suicide before you will get within sniffing distance of an appointment.  Not to mention the staff are terribly underpaid and hospitals are in a bad state.  The again, it DOES provide free health care so tht does sort of partially cancel out the negatives.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 06:10:42 PM »
It's ridiculous.  "Orwellian"?  Come on.  Although personally I think the NHS is shit in some aspects, especially when it comes to psychotherapy.  You have to be on the verge of suicide before you will get within sniffing distance of an appointment.  Not to mention the staff are terribly underpaid and hospitals are in a bad state.  The again, it DOES provide free health care so tht does sort of partially cancel out the negatives.
The reason there is a shortage of Psychotherapists etc is because they are still training them all. Though they could easily afford 10s of thousands of them if they legalised and taxed most drugs, putting the money raised back into psychological health care and other programs so vulnerable people don't end up resorting to drugs. Thanks to the conservative nature of this country, I doubt that this change will be made soon.

As for underpaid - you should see how much some doctors make...

Blasted

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 06:19:39 PM »
Doctors maybe.  Nurses and other staff, I don't think so.

As for drugs, do you mean meds or cocaine etc?  I think it is highly unlikely the latter or its type will ever get legalised.  I wonder, if they are taking such an age to train them, why are psychotherapists on the NHS so fucking shit?   :zoinks:

P7PSP

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 06:19:56 PM »

All Americans who are stupid and/or evil enough to vote Republican should have their voting cards ripped up - it is disgraceful that such options are allowed on the ballot paper. Your electoral system is like the choice between the UK Conservative Party and the UK Nazi party on the ballot paper.
Too fucking bad for you that you are powerless to be the despot that you desire to be. :hahaha:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 06:21:27 PM »
Probably works great if you got the money
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 04:39:01 PM »
Doctors maybe.  Nurses and other staff, I don't think so.

As for drugs, do you mean meds or cocaine etc?  I think it is highly unlikely the latter or its type will ever get legalised.  I wonder, if they are taking such an age to train them, why are psychotherapists on the NHS so fucking shit?   :zoinks:
The whole lot - legalising drugs makes an awful lot of sense and will happen eventually. For one, the war is lost, another that it is ruining Latin America. But the domestic benefits are massive, even legalising weed would be a positive step.