Educational

Author Topic: Depression:How do you deal with it  (Read 1381 times)

Offline iceman1985

• Incessant Poster
  • Bow to me!
Re: Depression:How do you deal with it
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 03:46:20 PM »
i'm not clinically depressed
it just seems that i am taking a lot of crap
My little piece of hell
stay the fuck out of it

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 03:51:47 PM »
what do you feel is the main problem (or problems) causing it? if you don't mind me asking

Blasted

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 06:29:34 PM »
that's still depression though, right? Just circumstantial rather than clinical depression or whatever they call it

someone who has a shit life and therefore has all the symptoms of depression is still depressed

It would be incredibly easy for him to improve his situation by leaps and bounds, what with him living in a group home and everything. He has all the help that he needs, and does not have to worry about obtaining food, shelter, or any of the basic necessities. Everything is taken care of for him.

He just chooses not to do anything. At all. Besides playing video games and living in a fantasy world. He finds that nobody is allowing him to do this, and it has frustrated him to no end. Like it or not, childhood is over for him one way or another. He hates it, and thinks he's "depressed".

Rage, he does have problems though.  You can't just sweep it all under the carpet and say he should be happy, upbeat and productive just cause he's living in a group home.  Depression is not that simple.  Some people have everything they could wish for (materialistically speaking) but are still depressed.

Offline iceman1985

• Incessant Poster
  • Bow to me!
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 06:47:24 PM »
that's still depression though, right? Just circumstantial rather than clinical depression or whatever they call it

someone who has a shit life and therefore has all the symptoms of depression is still depressed

It would be incredibly easy for him to improve his situation by leaps and bounds, what with him living in a group home and everything. He has all the help that he needs, and does not have to worry about obtaining food, shelter, or any of the basic necessities. Everything is taken care of for him.

He just chooses not to do anything. At all. Besides playing video games and living in a fantasy world. He finds that nobody is allowing him to do this, and it has frustrated him to no end. Like it or not, childhood is over for him one way or another. He hates it, and thinks he's "depressed".

Rage, he does have problems though.  You can't just sweep it all under the carpet and say he should be happy, upbeat and productive just cause he's living in a group home.  Depression is not that simple.  Some people have everything they could wish for (materialistically speaking) but are still depressed.
that is why i play video games, to escape from my problems
My little piece of hell
stay the fuck out of it

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 07:48:04 PM »

There is nothing to sweep under the carpet, babe. He is NOT clinically depressed. He was happy as hell when I was doing all his shit for him and reminding him of everything like I was his fucking mother hen.

He's a lazy punk, and he's angry because he can't have his way.  :thumbdn:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 07:51:17 PM »

Rage, he does have problems though.  You can't just sweep it all under the carpet and say he should be happy, upbeat and productive just cause he's living in a group home.  Depression is not that simple.  Some people have everything they could wish for (materialistically speaking) but are still depressed.
that is why i play video games, to escape from my problems

Thats only partly true, kiddo. You play video games to escape from your responsibilities. And VERY BASIC responsibilities at that. Like the rule they have here that you have to at least wash yourself every other day. You won't even do that. You smell like a goddamn butthole, your living area looks like garbage, and you don't give a shit about the actual reason you're here. You don't go to those groups to nap all fucking day. You go there to learn.
I will never stop...

Blasted

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 07:53:33 PM »

There is nothing to sweep under the carpet, babe. He is NOT clinically depressed. He was happy as hell when I was doing all his shit for him and reminding him of everything like I was his fucking mother hen.

Too bad his gf is not around to help him.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 07:55:42 PM »

Girlfriend? What girfriend? ???
I will never stop...

Blasted

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 08:03:56 PM »

Didn't he tell you?  He has one, called Lisa (I think)  :laugh:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 08:07:15 PM »

Didn't he tell you?  He has one, called Lisa (I think)  :laugh:

Oh. Shes a wierdo who blinks a lot, and shes been stalking me. I avoid her at all costs. I wish she actually was his girlfriend, because then she might leave me alone! :lol:
I will never stop...

Blasted

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 08:14:43 PM »
He said she lives in another city though  ???  I'm confused.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 06:51:39 AM »
He said she lives in another city though  ???  I'm confused.

Maybe she does, but she goes to groups with us.
I will never stop...

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 08:25:05 AM »

Do I detect a hint of panicked pre-jealousy?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 08:30:10 AM »

Lol nope. It was extreme surprise.  :zoinks:
I will never stop...

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 08:31:57 AM »
Lol nope. It was extreme surprise.  :zoinks:
Still refusing to admit you have a crush on iceman, eh?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.