Educational

Author Topic: Real estate shows  (Read 247 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Real estate shows
« on: July 24, 2009, 06:04:06 PM »
I was watching some real estates   shows today and it was couples looking houses young couples but they were looking at 7500 square foot house with everything.  Who really needs that ont to memtion the fact they were all $950,00 or more.  Why do they never sow real people getting real houses not these trophy one.  I personally would find it hard to live in 3000 foot house and would like a smaller one
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Real estate shows
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 09:59:43 PM »
These people are obviously not living in the "real world", or at least they're not living around here. :laugh:

But I see alot of young couples buying the more expensive homes, both working their asses off to pay for them, and then scrambling to keep they're heads above water when one gets laid off or ends getting sick.

How do you get pleasure from that? I guess I just don't get it.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 10:40:18 PM »
Some people just like to keep up or surpass the Jones.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 12:15:37 AM »
These people are obviously not living in the "real world", or at least they're not living around here.

Ya, I highly doubt they build too many McMansions in the shithole that is the Mon Valley, except maybe in the surrounding townships

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 01:17:57 AM »
These people are obviously not living in the "real world", or at least they're not living around here. :laugh:

But I see alot of young couples buying the more expensive homes, both working their asses off to pay for them, and then scrambling to keep they're heads above water when one gets laid off or ends getting sick.

I see people buying a more expensive house than they can really afford quite often, too.

I think that in many cases, they fall in love with the idea of living in a really nice house, they try to justify why they "need" such an expensive house and live in a fantasy world when they figure how much of their income they can afford to spend on a house payment.

This one couple I know bought a house that cost over $750,000.  They were over the moon when they first bought it and they rationalized that they really needed the extra space because the wife wanted to operate a day care out of their home so she could work and stay home with their children at the same time.  If the husband ever loses his job, even for just two or three months, they will probably wind up losing the house.  Now they claim they were the victims of predatory lending practices and they should have never been given such a large mortgage loan, based on their income. 

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 02:28:33 AM »

I see people buying a more expensive house than they can really afford quite often, too.

I think that in many cases, they fall in love with the idea of living in a really nice house, they try to justify why they "need" such an expensive house and live in a fantasy world when they figure how much of their income they can afford to spend on a house payment.

This one couple I know bought a house that cost over $750,000.  They were over the moon when they first bought it and they rationalized that they really needed the extra space because the wife wanted to operate a day care out of their home so she could work and stay home with their children at the same time.  If the husband ever loses his job, even for just two or three months, they will probably wind up losing the house.  Now they claim they were the victims of predatory lending practices and they should have never been given such a large mortgage loan, based on their income. 

Oh so it's the bank's fault they are irresponsible with their money?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 05:57:39 AM »

Now they claim they were the victims of predatory lending practices and they should have never been given such a large mortgage loan, based on their income. 

I've heard the same thing once or twice. About all I could do a couple of times to keep from saying "here's your sign."   :zombiefuck:

But I guess some don't realize that banks are in the business to make money just like everyone else. Neither the real estate agent or the bank is going to say "can you still afford this if something happens?" all they are concerned about is whether you have the resources at the time to make the payments.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 07:34:03 AM »
I think what they are on about is that it is scary easy to get a home loan from these fuckers. I mean about 8 years ago we looked into it, as you do, and they were all ready to lend us the money to buy a house. Fortunately I figured anyone retarded enough to think it was a good idea to lend us money had to be smoking some serious crack pipe there. I'm glad we declined.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 12:17:56 AM »
I agree, but you had the good sense not to act like these people, who were the ones who wanted to buy a super expensive home in the first place and who were absoutely thrilled when the mortgage people gave them the loan.  And now that they have to make the payments, which I assume must be huge, they cry about it and look for someone else to blame.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 08:05:07 AM »
What I don't understand though is most people do not have theses homes why not show them what they can do with the average home instead of these high end monsters
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw