Author Topic: Images you like.  (Read 5175 times)

Celticgoddess

Re: Images you like.
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2009, 05:11:04 PM »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2009, 05:24:10 PM »
isn't that the place you stayed at a few months ago when yuo went away for a while? only with snow now?

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2009, 07:36:37 PM »
I took/made all of these myself:

Chairlift at night (taken from the webcam at the place I work)

Stone arch bridge on the Nashua, Acton and Boston Railroad (abandoned in the '30s) in Westford MA.

Former Canadian National number 7470 at Conway Scenic Railroad in North Conway New Hampshire, a few minutes later I rode in a train pulled by this engine.

Angled through truss bridge on the Boston and Maine Railroad (now Pan-am Railways) in Wilton New Hampshire.  I took this photo from the rear vestibule on a train on the Wilton Scenic Railroad during the first of the 2 years it was in operation before the owner died of a heart attack.  It's a shame, this was a beautifully scenic railroad (B&M Hillsborough branch) which usually sees one 5 car freight train a week, but only in the summer.

Guilford Rail System (now Pan-Am Railways) high-nosed GP-40 #372 pulling a local freight (most likely AY-2) westbound through the MBTA station at Ayer MA.

CPF-AY west limit interlocking signal (also the signal protecting the east wye track, the one to the right) at Ayer MA, same location as the previous photo (you can see the top head in the previous photo).

Westbound MBTA commuter rail at Ayer MA

Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad Fall Foliage train crossing the Pemigewasset River in Ashland New Hampshire (taken from the Route 3 bridge which runs parallel to the railroad bridge).

Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA) commuter rail F40PH #1008 pushing an eastbound commuter rail train through Ayer MA on it's way down the Fitchburg line towards Boston MA.

Guilford Rail System (now Pan-Am southern) high-nose GP-40 #379 pulling the same local as shown earlier in Ayer through the MBTA station in Shirley MA.  Picture taken on a cheap cellphone cam.

Springfield Terminal (Guilford Rail System, now Pan-Am Railways) SD-26 #621 entering the yard at East Deerfield MA.  This is the oldest locomotive still in active freight duty in North America. (notice the old Boston & Maine caboose in the background, it's up on cinder blocks).

This photo came out kinda crappy, but I've always liked it, it's a Guilford Rail System westbound freight at Ayer MA (my favorite spot for watching trains).

REO Speedwagon railbus, currently owned by the Clarks Trading Post in Lincoln New Hampshire, this photo is on the south leg of the wye track at White River Junction Vermont on the Claremont and Concord Railroad (formerly the Boston & Maine Railroad's Concord to White River Junction mainline) during the Glory Days of the Railroad, an annual railroad celebration held in White River Vermont.  This was originally a regular road bus that was converted for rail use, it used to be used for passenger service in remote parts of Maine before most people owned cars.  I took this photo a few minutes after taking a 3 mile ride in this bus.

And of course, who could forget the gay train (the one on top is gay, the bottom one is just experimenting) from my introductory thread

Now to get off the trains

Here's my dog Bouncer (jack Russel Terrier) looking out at Lee's Pond in Multonborough New Hampshire.

The top of the Wardance triple chairlift at Nashoba Valley Ski Area in Westford MA (where I work) last year, a few days before opening.  This is the same chairlift as the night shot webcam image at the top of this post.

The top of the Snowdance Double Chairlift at Nashoba Valley during a blizzard (the image looks blurry because it was taken with a cellphone cam through the snow).

According to this mirror at the Sears I used to work at, I'm awesome.

This is what got me banned from multiple Asperger's groups on Myspace, and almost got me banned from Aspies for Freedom.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 08:25:16 PM by normal_impaired »
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Blasted

« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2009, 08:28:37 PM »

According to this mirror at the Sears I used to work at, I'm awesome.

You look sweet :P

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2009, 03:07:51 AM »
Great pics, everyone. Standouts for me were NI's railroading photos, EBMF's ninja kitty, and Bint's gorgeous cream & pink blouses and also the one of the two girls napping in the meadow à la Picnic at Hanging Rock.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2009, 06:40:49 AM »
isn't that the place you stayed at a few months ago when yuo went away for a while? only with snow now?
No, that one's just an image off of google.

But last winter I did stay at log cabin. You're probably thinking of that. The place I was at in the summer wasn't a log house.

Blasted

« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2009, 02:34:24 AM »

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2010, 01:56:46 AM »
Johnny is so hot. I wish I could live in the 70's and he could be my boy freind. But yikes! look at those arms I'd have to vacuum cheetos out of them.

Park.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2010, 02:27:55 AM »

Blasted

« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2010, 10:42:49 AM »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2010, 11:57:07 PM »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Blasted

« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2010, 05:03:54 AM »

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2010, 05:14:35 AM »
All these photos are great....yes, even the trains!

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2010, 06:02:24 PM »

Blasted

« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2010, 03:51:17 PM »