Author Topic: New Social Order  (Read 702 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
New Social Order
« on: May 06, 2009, 08:07:47 PM »
Let us suppose that tomorrow I were to add a few new rules to society. I would not tell anyone what they were and I would enforce them in a varied fashion. The only basis I will have for choosing and applying such rules is that they have to be in the interests on the spectrum.

Would I be morally wrong in doing so? After all, this is what society has done to us. It has made us live by everyone else's rules, without consulting us, then bitch-slapping us in the face if we some how fail to follow to the letter. Who knows, if such a procedure was implemented, people might actually understand how we feel. Personally I cannot see the moral wrongs in us doing this, so where do the moral rights come from those who do this to us. How can they be justified in doing so?

TheoK

Re: New Social Order
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 10:41:01 PM »
Because they're idiots, cowards and oppressors! :arrr:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 01:19:30 AM »
More importantly, why do we all passively let them get away with it. Such an organisation would not be beyond our reach, far from it.

TheoK

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 01:45:29 AM »
Some of us don't believe in freedom fight.  :grrr:

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 01:50:24 AM »
Not all of society acts with deliberate malice against the disadvantaged. The game is set up to allow a small number to succeed brilliantly, a large number to get by more-or-less adequately, and an unfortunate few to fail to have their needs met at all. It would be an interesting educational exercise to impose a set of rules that serve no purpose except to make life more humane for people on the autistic spectrum. What would those rules consist of, I wonder? (If savant-level mathematical skills are required, I am sooo screwed! :laugh: ) I'm sure all of us, if pressed, could come up with examples of how our personal playing fields might have been made a little more smooth and level. A small part of me wonders, though, whether to erase every bit of difficulty from someone's life is doing them a favour.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 06:18:57 AM »
You miss the point entirely of this thread - I have just outlined an utterly unbeatable strategy for bringing down all the barriers in our lives. You seem to have descended into defeatism too.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 06:27:40 AM »
Not all of society acts with deliberate malice against the disadvantaged. The game is set up to allow a small number to succeed brilliantly, a large number to get by more-or-less adequately, and an unfortunate few to fail to have their needs met at all. It would be an interesting educational exercise to impose a set of rules that serve no purpose except to make life more humane for people on the autistic spectrum. What would those rules consist of, I wonder? (If savant-level mathematical skills are required, I am sooo screwed! :laugh: ) I'm sure all of us, if pressed, could come up with examples of how our personal playing fields might have been made a little more smooth and level. A small part of me wonders, though, whether to erase every bit of difficulty from someone's life is doing them a favour.
Well the most obvious crime would be abuse of unfairly gained social authority, if someone uses it to either discourage freedom of thought and discussion or to bully those on the spectrum, they get severely punished for it. The beauty of such a strategy is that we can just do it randomly, as long as those who abuse any position they have fear doing so, then our lives (and those of many others outside of the spectrum) would be all the better.

My aim would be to create a society of near total social justice, rather than the current practically unregulated free market of the social game. I fancy a society where ideas are in fashion, where people can hold discussion candidly on any issue (and are rewarded for doing so, rather than the current punishments feted out of doing so). All I am suggesting really is a market regulator so the system works in the interests of nearly all people, rather than a disgusting undeserving majority. This system is in the interests of all, once they get their heads around it. In essence I am arguing to push society towards a genuine social meritocracy.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 06:34:22 AM »
Well, we're a minority. :asthing:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 06:37:12 AM »
Well, we're a minority. :asthing:
It does not matter - its something we can easily enforce. The people at the top of the social pile are also a very small minority and we only have to hit a moderate percentage to change the system.
Well the most obvious crime would be abuse of unfairly gained social authority, if someone uses it to either discourage freedom of thought and discussion or to bully those on the spectrum, they get severely punished for it. The beauty of such a strategy is that we can just do it randomly, as long as those who abuse any position they have fear doing so, then our lives (and those of many others outside of the spectrum) would be all the better.

My aim would be to create a society of near total social justice, rather than the current practically unregulated free market of the social game. I fancy a society where ideas are in fashion, where people can hold discussion candidly on any issue (and are rewarded for doing so, rather than the current punishments feted out of doing so). All I am suggesting really is a market regulator so the system works in the interests of nearly all people, rather than a disgusting undeserving minority. This system is in the interests of all, once they get their heads around it. In essence I am arguing to push society towards a genuine social meritocracy.
Yes I see my typo.

TheoK

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 08:01:01 AM »
You miss the point entirely of this thread - I have just outlined an utterly unbeatable strategy for bringing down all the barriers in our lives. You seem to have descended into defeatism too.

No, but it will just prove unbeatable if you manage to get the strategy through.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 09:04:58 AM »

No, but it will just prove unbeatable if you manage to get the strategy through.
The funny thing is that the most brutal extreme case of the strategy has been proven. All we would need to do is build an Aspie organisation (preferably disguised as something more broad) and then subvert it slightly until we get to a system which enforces some of our new social rules (albeit in a fair manner, we do not want to be heavy handed). The governments etc can do nothing about it, they attack us then people will automatically move along to the more extreme kinds of enforcement. Either way, we get our way.

TheoK

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 09:08:13 AM »
Sic semper tyrannis! :arrr:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 10:55:37 AM »
Well, I hate to be a buzzkill, but i'd like to see you try. If you really do get something going though lemme know. I'd be willing to pledge to something real.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 11:35:36 AM »
Well, I hate to be a buzzkill, but i'd like to see you try. If you really do get something going though lemme know. I'd be willing to pledge to something real.
Just spread the idea far and wide for now - albeit as a philosophical argument. People need desensitising to the whole notion. Then we need an organisation to take over, there is already a prime one with all the resources that we can begin with. I feel with a £70 million budget, we can encourage a lot more, ahem, self-advocacy.

Offline Dacian

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 05:09:40 AM »
£70 million budget

Seventy million dollars (damn...pounds)  >:D Couldn't rest. Let me know when you have that money and I'm in, I like your style (but I don't care for your clothes).