Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 48090 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #405 on: September 13, 2006, 05:28:36 AM »
When I lived in Florida I even eat grits. ;D

Oh, I love grits with melted cheese on them.  They are hard to find in restaurants here, but sometimes I get lucky and find them in a restaurant or in the grocery store.  I had some for breakfast this morning with scrambled eggs and raisin toast.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #406 on: September 13, 2006, 05:36:08 AM »
When I lived in Florida I even eat grits. ;D

Oh, I love grits with melted cheese on them.  They are hard to find in restaurants here, but sometimes I get lucky and find them in a restaurant or in the grocery store.  I had some for breakfast this morning with scrambled eggs and raisin toast.
I have had not had grits since I have left the South Myself. :(
Guardian of the Empire

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #407 on: September 13, 2006, 09:40:45 PM »
american people, explain two things to me.  what the fuck is "chicken fried steak"? - i.e. how on earth does one fry anything with chicken?  does it mean chicken fat?

the second is this biscuit thing - biscuits and gravy.  what are they, then, cos they're not custard creams,  obviously.

mind you, a nation of people who could dream up the travesty which is 'smores could come up with anything, i suppose.

my grandpa taught me how to make these items listed above.  i make the best chicken fried steak and milk gravy..

i use top round steak ran through the tenderizer twice.  cut them into 4 inchish squares and batter them with flouer.  then you fry it like tou would fry chicken, in 1/2 inch of cooking oil in a cast iron skillet.
Misunderstood.

Offline lilia

• Nihil
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #408 on: September 13, 2006, 10:43:53 PM »
my grandpa taught me how to make these items listed above.  i make the best chicken fried steak and milk gravy..

i use top round steak ran through the tenderizer twice.  cut them into 4 inchish squares and batter them with flouer.  then you fry it like tou would fry chicken, in 1/2 inch of cooking oil in a cast iron skillet.

Sooooo goooood.  I'm not sure I could survive long without proper Southern food. 

Oh god.  Cornbread.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #409 on: September 13, 2006, 11:00:54 PM »
the gravy is the secret to the success.

he always said to remember two things.

you can alway thin it out with more milk, but you can never thicken it back up again.

and

always keep the ladle moving, never allowing for lumps, you want a nice and creamy consistency.
Misunderstood.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #410 on: September 13, 2006, 11:09:06 PM »

Sooooo goooood.  I'm not sure I could survive long without proper Southern food. 

Oh god.  Cornbread.
I loved cornbread. :)
Guardian of the Empire

Offline lilia

• Nihil
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #411 on: September 13, 2006, 11:10:16 PM »

Cornbread cooked in a cast iron skillet coated with bacon grease!

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #412 on: September 13, 2006, 11:13:28 PM »

Cornbread cooked in a cast iron skillet coated with bacon grease!
I have not had cornbread in years sounds real yummy Aeval. ;D
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #413 on: September 14, 2006, 02:55:42 AM »
i make cornbread all the time.  and i had what i assume grits to be, yesterday, although it was polenta, and thus civilised.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #414 on: September 14, 2006, 04:58:21 AM »
i make cornbread all the time.  and i had what i assume grits to be, yesterday, although it was polenta, and thus civilised.

Is that what grits are? Polenta?  ???

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
« Reply #415 on: September 14, 2006, 06:11:39 AM »
r grits like the shits ?

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #416 on: September 14, 2006, 06:19:48 AM »
r grits like the shits ?

Pretty much. But if you want to taste something good, try some cream of wheat.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

richard

« Reply #417 on: September 14, 2006, 08:06:57 AM »
collard greens
are you a nigger? ive never heard a white person call vegtables collard greens
I eat collard greens too.  I eat turnip greens.  I have even eaten poke salad, which is a Southern U. S. name for pokeweed.  Properly prepared, it is not poisonous.  What difference does it make to you what color Triste's skin or my skin is, Richard?

I prefer to judge people based on the content of their characters rather than the color of their skin, but regardless of skin color, you must know that nigger is considered an offensive word by most people.  Why do you keep using a word that will cause people to think badly of you?
i don't know! maybe im used to people calling me names, i don't see whats the difference between calling someone a faggot, pussy, or retard from calling someone a nigger. is one word worse than another?

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
« Reply #418 on: September 14, 2006, 08:14:47 AM »
i hate the R word, why just the other week one of my mates said it whilst talking to me, i dont remember quite what happened next as i went into a blind rage and started punching the shit outta him, i was eventually restrained and when i calmed down i apologised and warned him after and everyone else, now they dont but its kinda an unconcious reaction i guess, its kinda weird tho...

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #419 on: September 14, 2006, 08:28:01 AM »
collard greens
are you a nigger? ive never heard a white person call vegtables collard greens
I eat collard greens too.  I eat turnip greens.  I have even eaten poke salad, which is a Southern U. S. name for pokeweed.  Properly prepared, it is not poisonous.  What difference does it make to you what color Triste's skin or my skin is, Richard?

I prefer to judge people based on the content of their characters rather than the color of their skin, but regardless of skin color, you must know that nigger is considered an offensive word by most people.  Why do you keep using a word that will cause people to think badly of you?
i don't know! maybe im used to people calling me names, i don't see whats the difference between calling someone a faggot, pussy, or retard from calling someone a nigger. is one word worse than another?

Why can't bigots at least be honest with themselves?
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law