Author Topic: Swine flu  (Read 2883 times)

Blasted

Re: Swine flu
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2009, 12:03:27 PM »
We got a bunch of leaflets about swine flu through the postbox this morning  :zoinks:  I'm still paranoid I'll get it.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2009, 01:08:25 PM »
swine flu has mysteriously vanished, but if it comes back you better believe the news media will blow it out of porportion

It hasn't vanished, although the media coverage of it just about has.

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/

Maybe they're afraid we'll all panic and start serving up the kool aid.

:laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2009, 03:19:33 PM »
swine flu has mysteriously vanished, but if it comes back you better believe the news media will blow it out of porportion

It has definitely not vanished. We have new cases here and the new school policy states that if you have even one of the symptoms published by the CDC, you may not attend school until you visit a doctor and present a clean bill of health to the school.

The media (and more significantly, the doctors) have gotten their way. They have created a public scare which has caused untold millions of dollars in insurance cyber-cash to trade hands.

ShitDamn, this scare even caused handshaking at graduation ceremonies to be forbidden.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2009, 03:34:15 PM »
ShitDamn, this scare even caused handshaking at graduation ceremonies to be forbidden.

Horray!  I wonder what other disgusting customs we can dispose of.  Even without swine flu, I don't like shaking hands with people who might not have washed properly after taking a shit.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2009, 04:27:11 PM »

Horray!  I wonder what other disgusting customs we can dispose of.  Even without swine flu, I don't like shaking hands with people who might not have washed properly after taking a shit.

I just don't like shaking hands regardless if they have been washed I always find it awkward.  I won't even get into those people who greet with hugs :zombiefuck:  These are the best hugs IMO  :hug:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2009, 04:41:54 PM »

I agree with you, but there is a whole wash of dirty people, all sharing their diseases, who have made a big stink about this banning of handshaking.

"It is a tradition! It MUST continue!"

My definition of most traditions:

Fucked up old habits, established in antiquity, which are grossly in need of re-examination.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2009, 04:55:33 PM »

I just don't like shaking hands regardless if they have been washed I always find it awkward.  I won't even get into those people who greet with hugs :zombiefuck:  These are the best hugs IMO  :hug:

I'm always getting hugged for some ungodly reason.  :zombiefuck: :hide:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2009, 05:06:56 PM »

Non-grope, asexual hugs are a waste of coping efforts, in my view.

I use "THE Grope" on huggers (near their asses) who catch me by surprise and hug me, in order to prevent them from ever doing it again.

I was raised to handshake among men and can put most people down in a competitive handshake, but I would rather they all just nodded their acknowledgment or something, IF they must.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2009, 05:08:24 PM »

I'm always getting hugged for some ungodly reason.  :zombiefuck: :hide:

It's because you're hawt.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2009, 05:55:08 PM »

It has definitely not vanished. We have new cases here and the new school policy states that if you have even one of the symptoms published by the CDC, you may not attend school until you visit a doctor and present a clean bill of health to the school.

The media (and more significantly, the doctors) have gotten their way. They have created a public scare which has caused untold millions of dollars in insurance cyber-cash to trade hands.

Wow, so every case of a cough, sneeze, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, body ache, fatigue, or fever of 100° F requires a trip to the doctor now before the child can return to school?

I thought my daughter's school was over-reacting, but yours takes the cake.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2009, 06:29:57 PM »
I woke up yesterday feeling sick and my mother was all "NOOOOO SWINE FLU".

Turned out to be ordinary hayfever. I'm fine now.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2009, 07:06:44 PM »

Wow, so every case of a cough, sneeze, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, body ache, fatigue, or fever of 100° F requires a trip to the doctor now before the child can return to school?

My kids in high school have to bring a doctors note for any sickness or it's an unexcused absence and they lose credit after 8 or 10 not bad unless you have chronic headaches and have to get a note for each 

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2009, 01:09:40 PM »

No shit!

They began this last week. Fortunately, school is out for summer in a couple of weeks.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2009, 01:18:55 PM »
Maybe they should have them inspected at the door before they let them in

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2009, 08:10:21 PM »
Between the nasty cold the kid gave me and my sesonal allergies I sound like a plague victim.

I've noticed it's keeping people at a distance.

I'll try to enjoy it while it lasts.  :laugh: