Educational

Author Topic: Anyone ever been in a movie?  (Read 454 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Anyone ever been in a movie?
« on: March 30, 2009, 08:06:41 PM »
I've always wanted to be in one, especially as an extra. So I hear on the news last week about the Hollywood crew coming here to film a movie and auditions to be an extra was to be held on Sunday at the Doubletree Hotel so I went. I stood in line for freaking eight hours just to get in and some people left because they didn't want to wait that long. The line went all the way around the block around the hotel so I got there around 11:30ish and it was already that long so who knows when people started to show up before 11AM. I didn't know what to expect so I didn't know there be a line and I would have to bring other things with me but good thing I had a book so I read it and finished it and still had five more hours of waiting to do. It rained off and on and then it cleared up around 2 pm. At least I know next time to bring games along and more books to read, music to listen too and make sure to bring an umbrella if it's cloudy out now that I know what to expect if I want to audition to be an extra. They basically gather your information and then take your picture and as an option you can have them take a picture of your car too or send your picture of your car to them only if you want your car to be in the movie. Because I wanted it so bad, I made it through the day waiting eight hours, no anxiety and meltdowns for not knowing when the line be moving again and what was taking so long. I knew what I had to do when 6:30 almost came, take out my cell phone and call my bf and ask him to put The Simpsons to record.

I mean man how do people even go to the bathroom? I didn't see all of them leave the line not one bit. I did see some people who were waiting in a group sending one of them to get them food, go out to the car and get the umbrella. Luckily I wore my winter coat so I was able to stay warm. Maybe some people wore diapers in the line so they wouldn't have accidents just because they were holding it for too long.
If my bf didn't have to go back to graveyard I would have been inside the mall reading books at Barnes & Noble and have him call me to tell me he is closer to getting into the entrance.

So that's what it's like to try and be an extra in a movie. Using up your day to wait in line and bring things with to keep you busy and bring camping chairs or lawn chairs. I bet people started lining up at eight in the morning to get inside before they even started the auditions. I wonder how long lines get in Spokane when movies get filmed there?  They do have a lot less people there than my area unless I want to count people going there from Idaho to audition or people from other towns that are close by to Spokane.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Anyone ever been in a movie?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 11:55:46 PM »
I used to wait in lines that started the night before to sign up for job interviews.  People brought food, sleeping bags, and pillows and even slept in line.  Someone would hold your place in line for you if you needed to go to the bathroom, though.  You just left your stuff there and they would watch it for you.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 12:09:07 AM »
Yeah I did that for the movie screening for The Simpsons Movie. People brought chairs and board games and I invited my bf to come. I got there around 3 pm and sat there and read and went in the mall and lot of people did leave their spots. But I didn't see that yesterday in the long line. I saw that parents brought food for their kids though so I figured they knew what to expect because maybe they have done it before or have heard other people talking about their experience about trying to be an extra in the movie and how they had to wait in the line for hours to get in. No one knows what to expect if they have never done it before so we all learn from experiance and tell it to other people so they know.

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 04:11:14 AM »
A guy here where I work was an extra in the Patriot.   He had a line, he was one of the men in the church scene.  He said he was suprised at how short Mel Gibson is.  And that Mel is a chain smoker.
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 09:54:04 PM »
A friend of mine played one of the reporters in a scene near the end of CONTACT. When I saw it, I did see her, but the thing that struck me was that the way it was shot made it seem that an off-screen giant hand had simply PUSHED all the actors playing reporters into frame.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Blasted

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 08:22:23 AM »
I got stopped on the street by some woman who was a talent scount.  She took my pic and details but nothing came out of it.

Offline Hiphop Grandma

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 01:13:18 PM »
Not me nor do I care to be.  A friend was an extra in the movie The Assassination of Jesse James (By The Coward Robert Ford) filmed here locally.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 05:11:23 PM »
I've not been in front of the camera but I've worked on several feature films as a projectionist.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 07:03:24 AM »
My workplace, years ago, was once used as a shooting location for an episode of MacGyver. Any employees interested in being cast as extras queued up to give their details and have a Polaroid taken. I wasn't chosen, but one of my workmates scored a small nonspeaking part. I had no TV at the time, so I watched the ep at someone else's house.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 07:23:42 AM »
 i ought to be in pictures.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 10:10:55 AM »
Why?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 09:24:05 PM »
I was in the background of a couple episodes of A&E's Driving Force along wth a brief appearence in the background of Overhaulin'.  :-\

fucking yipeee!  :yawn:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 12:55:58 PM »
I was an extra in a film shot down in Virginia Beach, VA called Deuce Coupe, but the scene I was supposed to be in was cut. My friend was helping the Director out and I was down there when they were shooting a few times. My friend is a writer and if you have kids, pick up a copy of his book “The Flightless Goose” if you get the chance. His wife did the illustrations.

I have been on TV a bunch of times. Was interviewed outside the movie theatre in Charlottesville, VA as the first person in line for the release of Star Wars: The Special Edition. Been on TV numerous times for sporting events. Some times just in the background, but once I was the opening sequence for Headline News Sports when UVa. tied for the regular season ACC basketball title at 12-4 back in 1996. I was always one of the first students to line up for games, so I got on the floor behind the basket. Was wearing my 7 Mary 3 shirt to promote my boys and made national TV. The band had moved to Orlando by then and their friend saw me and called them up. They were floored and contacted me. I was also a clip on ESPN Sports Center for the same game. I was interviewed by MTV down in Miami at the first ever US performance by the Pet Shop Boys. I think I was the only non-gay guy there without a girlfriend on my arms. Later that year a fellow Architecture major in my class was on MTV Sex In The ‘90s and came out.

I’m pretty sure I posted this shit before. Maybe it was on another forum.

I was in a student film at Miami in which I was buck naked. I got to make out with this hot chick in my scene. Now that I am in contact with my old friend whose friend it was that shot the project, I wonder whatever happened to that thing. I never got to see the finished project, as I transferred that Summer for economic reasons.

Tried out for Survivor: Australia. I am applying again for Survivor, but it looks like I missed the Summer and Fall seasons. Any ideas on my video anyone?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 01:16:27 PM by Trigger11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 01:04:07 PM »
I've been interviewed on TV a couple of times.  :orly:

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 06:48:07 PM »
I cannot act. Lol.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...