Author Topic: Killer chimp  (Read 910 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Killer chimp
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 09:10:31 PM »
Holy fuck, did anyone else pull up the interview Oprah did with Charla Nash after this happened? Badly mauled is an understatement. :zombiefuck:

*not for the squeamish*

Nash lost both her hands in the attack, as well as her nose, an eyelid, and lips. Doctors removed her eyes due to an infection, and only recently did she learn she'll no longer be able to see.

I just found her pictures.  You are right, it's not for the squeamish.

DukeNukem

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 09:38:27 PM »
Well, I guess the old biddy might have been in need of a facelift. :orly:

I have to say, for a chimp, he was doing a great job before being shot to death by the pigs.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 10:54:12 PM »
Well, I guess the old biddy might have been in need of a facelift. :orly:

I have to say, for a chimp, he was doing a great job before being shot to death by the pigs.

This is how she looked before the attack:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 02:41:40 AM »
He probably should never have been "owned" and used as an actor in the first place
Animals shouldn't be owned or used sound like something Ingrid Newkirk would say. She'd gladly take your pets from you and kill them with her own hands.

Me having a cat/dog is not the same as taking a chimp like that

Offline Enos

• Earliest Common Ancestor of the Aspie Elite
  • Frequent Poster
    • My facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 09:58:30 AM »
This person here has got 4 chimps!  :facepalm2:

All of adolescent age as well.
Swat PETA, not flies

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 10:09:12 AM »
I knew people in high school with chips I think they had 6-8 of them but they were circus people.  Their chimps rode motorcycles and everything :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Enos

• Frequent Poster
    • My facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 12:10:37 PM »
I knew people in high school with chips I think they had 6-8 of them but they were circus people.  Their chimps rode motorcycles and everything :laugh:

Oh god I can just imagine the noise, having 6-8 chimps around. All the screaming and fighting.
Even though I do not like seeing chimps used for entertainment, I must admit there is something very amusing about a chimp on a motorbike.
Swat PETA, not flies

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 02:14:20 PM »

Oh god I can just imagine the noise, having 6-8 chimps around. All the screaming and fighting.
Even though I do not like seeing chimps used for entertainment, I must admit there is something very amusing about a chimp on a motorbike.

They were friends of my sisters and even inside their house the noise was unbearable at times.  I tried to avoid going there I felt bad for their neighbors

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Enos

• Frequent Poster
    • My facebook
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 02:38:54 PM »
Actually, I kind of wouldn't mind being their neighbour. Would be quite an interesting alarm clock wouldn't it, waking up to "AAHHAHAHH AHHH AHHH", would make where I live feel exotic and stuff.
Swat PETA, not flies

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 03:00:51 PM »
Holy fuck, did anyone else pull up the interview Oprah did with Charla Nash after this happened? Badly mauled is an understatement. :zombiefuck:

*not for the squeamish*

Nash lost both her hands in the attack, as well as her nose, an eyelid, and lips. Doctors removed her eyes due to an infection, and only recently did she learn she'll no longer be able to see.

I just found her pictures.  You are right, it's not for the squeamish.

That poor woman  :-\

The really bad thing is , the buttheaded kid from family guy appeared in my mind and I laughed , now I feel bad  :-[
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 03:37:32 PM by Sea Tart »
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2011, 03:32:27 PM »
Actually, I kind of wouldn't mind being their neighbour. Would be quite an interesting alarm clock wouldn't it, waking up to "AAHHAHAHH AHHH AHHH", would make where I live feel exotic and stuff.

They made noise ALL the time.   :zombiefuck:

George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2011, 03:33:14 PM »
:lol: That is a funny post, but I disagree with it. I don't want to have neighbors keeping chimps, cobras, lions or other potentially dangerous wild pets.

Offline Enos

• Frequent Poster
    • My facebook
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2011, 04:36:10 PM »
Oh yes of course, I wouldn't want them keeping wild animals. Often people that keep primates as pets or substitute kids actually forget how wild they are, because they have people hands and stuff they seem safe. But the opposite is true.

Oh but I would want to live by a zoo! Especially one's with gibbons, they have the nicest sounding calls.

Swat PETA, not flies

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 04:48:34 PM »
Oh yes of course, I wouldn't want them keeping wild animals. Often people that keep primates as pets or substitute kids actually forget how wild they are, because they have people hands and stuff they seem safe. But the opposite is true.

Oh but I would want to live by a zoo! Especially one's with gibbons, they have the nicest sounding calls.

Zoo's always make me sad. And when I went to Seaworld, that made me sad too, but my ex's nephew wanted to go there. I had to keep my mouth shut.

The only zoo I ever really liked was Great Western Plains zoo in Dubbo where the enclosures are designed to be inobtrusive and are like a savannah.

Offline Enos

• Frequent Poster
    • My facebook
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2011, 04:59:05 PM »

Zoo's always make me sad. And when I went to Seaworld, that made me sad too, but my ex's nephew wanted to go there. I had to keep my mouth shut.

The only zoo I ever really liked was Great Western Plains zoo in Dubbo where the enclosures are designed to be inobtrusive and are like a savannah.

I know what you mean. At the zoo I'm always in a constant dilemma, I get excited at seeing my favourite animals right there in front of me, but I get so depressed and frustrated at where they are. Some of the zoos in America like San Diego look amazing and the enclosures look really big from the videos I've seen. But most of the ones in Britain are shite. At Twycross zoo where I went yesterday many enclosures are quite old, they said they are extending and building a really really big one for the chimpanzees, I can't wait. it's about time I think they've had the same enclosures for years. I do want to visit zoos still, because they need the money to do the extending and improving of the living quarters, if no one went they would run out. And I'd like to work in one, so I can take an active role in improving them and making sure that the animals live a good enough life and don't go round the twist with boredom.  But I still feel really guilty about being there.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:01:58 PM by AbsolutelyCrackers »
Swat PETA, not flies