Author Topic: B5  (Read 417 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
B5
« on: February 14, 2009, 03:50:34 PM »
Here is an interesting blog the most recent is about  B5 and since several people here like it thought I'd post a link

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2009/02/the_wit_and_wisdom_of_gkar.php#more
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: B5
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 04:00:36 PM »
Cool. I stole one of the quotes for my sig.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 06:16:44 PM »
G-Kar got most of the Good lines all right.

When i met Andre, he was in Character and would not relax a single whisker, studying to do the fugitive movie (his full beard would not be used in the upcoming movie), which was a major hollywood Secret at the time. He told everyone he was in Character and would not apologize nor "leave"  his character while he studied him, but would not tell anyone who he was going to portray.

The funniest thing to me was learning that this sophisticated intellect was born in missouri

I felt overwhelmed by his humanity at one point when I saw him pick up and cuddle a total stranger of a sick little boy with muscular dystrophy who wanted to get into a pic with his mom but was too weak. he became the tiny boy's elevator before the mom even knew what he wanted and the little boy smiled from ear to ear, not even knowing who this stranger was.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 06:18:39 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 12:28:55 PM »
got a sig outta that myself. :P i never got into babylon five because of the giant arc thing, but it'd be nice to be able to get into it. it seemed possibly interesting and those quotes are great. i only watched crusade for gary cole but that was a crap spin off.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Teejay

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 02:30:56 PM »
G'Kar was the best character in the whole series and Andreas played him brilliantly. Although Andreas died a fair while ago, RIP.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 07:11:42 PM »
What in the name of fuck are you nerds talking about?
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 07:15:49 PM »
 :laugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 07:22:08 PM »
Is it a vitamin?
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 07:36:42 PM »
yes
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 10:44:23 PM »
What in the name of fuck are you nerds talking about?

G'Kar was a fictional character in Babylon 5 who was played by the actor Andreas Katsulas, who died about three years ago.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 03:07:53 AM »
It's a mental vitamin called Babylon 5, created by J.Michael Stracynzki.

IMO, we need to learn how to cope and interact with non-terrestrial beings. Sooner rather than later. B5 is a kind of primer for that, as is TORCHWOOD.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 03:09:57 AM »
I always thought that Andreas Katsulas (G'Kar on Babylon 5) was an awesome human being. DD's observation confirms that fact.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 03:16:20 AM »
G-Kar got most of the Good lines all right.

When i met Andre, he was in Character and would not relax a single whisker, studying to do the fugitive movie (his full beard would not be used in the upcoming movie), which was a major hollywood Secret at the time. He told everyone he was in Character and would not apologize nor "leave"  his character while he studied him, but would not tell anyone who he was going to portray.

The funniest thing to me was learning that this sophisticated intellect was born in missouri

I felt overwhelmed by his humanity at one point when I saw him pick up and cuddle a total stranger of a sick little boy with muscular dystrophy who wanted to get into a pic with his mom but was too weak. he became the tiny boy's elevator before the mom even knew what he wanted and the little boy smiled from ear to ear, not even knowing who this stranger was.

QFT.

In the words of James T Kirk from Star Trek II: "Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human."

P7PSP

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 04:48:18 AM »
I like G'Kar as well but Londo Mollari was my favorite followed by Garibaldi. Londo's balls of steel and sharp mind for thinking several steps ahead of his enemies at court made him a fascinating  character and Garibaldi's do or die ethos brought to mind Col. William Travis or General Anthony McAuliffe. And Susan Ivanova looked great in her form fitted uniform.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 04:53:10 AM by PPK »

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 05:07:26 AM »
sheridan was the cutest, i thought.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar