Educational

Author Topic: Trader fined over racist mail  (Read 438 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Trader fined over racist mail
« on: January 03, 2009, 07:18:57 PM »
Just an illustration of how much traditional Western freedoms have faded in Britain:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1072780_trader_fined_over_racist_mail

TheoK

Re: Trader fined over racist mail
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 07:27:38 PM »
The highest police officer in Skåne, the third largest province and county by population in Sweden, was put on trial for sending a "racist" mail to the chairman of the city council in Malmö, the county capital and third largest city in Sweden. The charges were dismissed, however but he lost his job because "people can't trust the police when a high police officer makes such statements".

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 07:33:43 PM »
The highest police officer in Skåne, the third largest province and county by population in Sweden, was put on trial for sending a "racist" mail to the chairman of the city council in Malmö, the county capital and third largest city in Sweden. The charges were dismissed, however but he lost his job because "people can't trust the police when a high police officer makes such statements".
What did the email actually say?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 07:41:11 PM »
that pisses me off. :zombiefuck:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 07:50:52 PM »
"There are people in Tameside bricking windows of mosques. I was protesting peacefully and I'm the one in court. I would have been better off throwing bricks."

Well, looks like he learned his lesson.  Another glorious success for the courts!
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

TheoK

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 07:59:49 PM »

He demanded that the chairman should give tax money to old Swedes and not to "criminal Mohammed in Rosengård". Exactly with those words.  :green:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 08:01:36 PM by TheoK »

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 08:10:47 PM »

He demanded that the chairman should give tax money to old Swedes and not to "criminal Mohammed in Rosengård". Exactly with those words.  :green:
Lol - I can imagine how well that would go down over here.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 08:45:20 PM »
I don't understand this why was he fined?   Stickers and notes no matter how offensive to some don't deserve this reaction
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 08:59:23 PM »
I don't understand this why was he fined?   Stickers and notes no matter how offensive to some don't deserve this reaction
Because anyone who is not a straight white atheist male is protected in Europe...

TheoK

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 09:42:25 PM »
Europe is sick... :happypuke:

duncvis

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 05:40:00 AM »

:agreed:

unfortunately some folk have a legal right not to be offended, apparently. there's PC for you.  ::)

the guy was a prick, but under the twattery was a genuine grievance - WHY had the local council approved moving war graves to make way for a mosque? are they fucking stupid?  :zombiefuck:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 07:44:25 AM »
I agree with what Mr. Lake said:

Mr Lake, defending, said: "It was an expression of freedom of speech. Freedom to express your views should not only include the inoffensive, but also the contentious, providing it does not provoke violence. And a freedom of speech that does not include the contentious is not worth having."

Those stickers were somewhat offensive but they did not promote violence as far as I can see, so I don't see why someone has an absolute right not to be offended.

What will be banned next?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 02:52:30 PM »
I don't understand why he was fined, either.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 03:29:45 PM »
I don't understand why he was fined, either.
Breaking our wonderful religious hatred laws.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 03:41:38 PM »
As Dunc said, the guy was a prick. In most cases, however, being an idiot is not against the law.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein