Author Topic: blast from the past - new info on a bad teacher I hate, decades later  (Read 9029 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: blast from the past - new info on a bad teacher I hate, decades later
« Reply #210 on: January 03, 2009, 07:43:31 AM »
Today Northumbria Police confirmed the 44-year-old woman had accepted a police caution.

In a statement the force said: "At around 9.10am on Thursday December 11 police received a report of an incident at Priory Primary School, Percy Park Road, Tynemouth.

"A 44-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of assault and received a caution."

It is understood the woman walked into a reception class at the school where her son is a pupil and struck the boy in front of other children.

According to reports, the woman accused the pupil of bullying her son but he was able to return to lessons later that day.

I don't know how brave it actually is for a 44 year old woman to hit a 5 year old child.  I wonder about the wisdom of a parent interjecting themselves into a situation unless there is a large difference of power between the children, but I don't know the whole story.

I know exactly how brave it was ... not at all.

It seems more like an emotional outburst than a decidedly courageous, deliberately focused effort of bravery. There is nothing brave about having an emotional outburst.

To me, it seems absolutely ridiculous that this "protective"  mother chose to hit a five year old child, rather than confronting the parents of the child and the teachers in some way.  She got off easy with just a warning.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2009, 07:48:58 AM »
Haha, as if the teachers or the parents of the little beast would take any responsibility. They maybe do that in America but not in Europe. Forget it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #212 on: January 03, 2009, 08:14:41 AM »
Haha, as if the teachers or the parents of the little beast would take any responsibility. They maybe do that in America but not in Europe. Forget it.

I'm not saying that everyone in America has the courage or the intelligence to find the right way to deal with these things. I am saying that this is what I have done. I have had sit downs with parents, the bus drivers, the school administrators, teachers. It can be very stressful, time consuming and extremely frustrating. The usual outcome seems unproductive at first sometimes, but those with any character no longer make the mistake of NOT taking me seriously after a visit, though.
It is often simply a matter of expressing expectations to find a mutually acceptable solution. The notion that there can be a long term solution is asinine, though. It's like a small sailboat in rough winds, in need of constant course correction.

You laugh at my tack in one breath, not long after complaining about what a directionless Nanny State has been created all around you. You have just shown a large part of the problem in one sentence - NO one takes responsibility for their own welfare.

"It is the State's job to protect us,"  are the words of an extreme leftist and certainly NOT the words of the Brave.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2009, 08:55:34 AM »
We have compulsory school duty for 9 years in Sweden, so I think the teachers should take care of the little beasts. If they make it voluntarily to go to school it's another thing.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2009, 04:40:24 PM »
Honestly, are you surprised if Aspie kids who have the possiblity bring guns to school and kill the bullies?

Yes. There is something wrong if the reaction is that extreme.

Sooo, there is something wrong if just a few years of living hell every day when you're a juvenile brings you to the edge of murder? Yes, there is something wrong, the bullies. Anyone who kills a bully should of course get amnesty from the court.

Time to lock you away again, methinks.

What will you do if they bully the shit out of your kids? Coward.

What makes you think I'd not be doing it already? Just because you can't see a solution it doesn't mean there isn't one.

Moron.
If you have a viable alternative solution I would love to hear it. Preferably one that works in our lifetimes.

One, you're not my kid, and two, you're not a--

Ah, yes. You are.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2009, 04:44:49 PM »
Honestly, are you surprised if Aspie kids who have the possiblity bring guns to school and kill the bullies?

Sooo, there is something wrong if just a few years of living hell every day when you're a juvenile brings you to the edge of murder? Yes, there is something wrong, the bullies. Anyone who kills a bully should of course get amnesty from the court.

What makes you think I'd not be doing it already? Just because you can't see a solution it doesn't mean there isn't one.

Moron.
If you have a viable alternative solution I would love to hear it. Preferably one that works in our lifetimes.

Ah, yes. You are.
So you don't have an alternative solution for dealing with bullies in schools then?

TheoK

« Reply #216 on: January 03, 2009, 04:46:52 PM »

Moron.

Ah, yes. You are.
So you don't have an alternative solution for dealing with bullies in schools then?

What should that be? He's like all other "liberals" - just talk.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #217 on: January 03, 2009, 04:50:21 PM »

Moron.

Ah, yes. You are.

I'm doing what I have to and more, for my kids. You're not my kid, you're not part of my family, and you don't know anything about me or my situation, or that of my kids. Intensity, while entertaining at times, is not the place where I share details about my family.

If you have problems at uni, talk to an official about them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #218 on: January 03, 2009, 04:53:55 PM »
Hahaha, ad hominem as usual. How unexpected - not.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #219 on: January 03, 2009, 04:59:08 PM »

Moron.

Ah, yes. You are.

What should that be? He's like all other "liberals" - just talk.

What's really funny is that you don't know who I voted for.

But how about you? All you do is to tell us how brave you are when you blow up road signs or drink Talisker, but you have not achieved anything at all.

It is you who is just talk, Lit. That's all you are. Talk.

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #220 on: January 03, 2009, 05:08:43 PM »

Moron.

Ah, yes. You are.

I'm doing what I have to and more, for my kids. You're not my kid, you're not part of my family, and you don't know anything about me or my situation, or that of my kids. Intensity, while entertaining at times, is not the place where I share details about my family.
I know that unless you are born into the aristocracy, the only thing that is really going to help your kids is radical social change.

If you have problems at uni, talk to an official about them.
I have had problems in my past which have impacted on where I am now. As for my uni - I have a problem with that too, but then it could be generalised easily into a problem with society, which my university help prop up by deliberately entrenching advantage both with how it decides its intake and how they structure the place socially.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #221 on: January 03, 2009, 05:25:19 PM »
I know that unless you are born into the aristocracy, the only thing that is really going to help your kids is radical social change.

:lol:

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #222 on: January 03, 2009, 10:43:20 PM »

I find it extremely distressing that the sum of these types of discussion turns out to be that some agency, state faction, governmental institution is to be presented with non-negotiable terms like "you have to do it for me, if I am to succeed"  or  "you have to fix this or that, before I can try again"  or  "you have to make my life better for me, so I can have what the ones who work hard at it have gotten."

:hair:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #223 on: January 03, 2009, 10:52:32 PM »
We have compulsory school duty for 9 years in Sweden, so I think the teachers should take care of the little beasts. If they make it voluntarily to go to school it's another thing.

Once again, you have shown yourself to be VERY far to the left of my "political" position and I am considered to be quite liberal in most of my views by my own countrymen.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2009, 10:57:46 PM »

I find it extremely distressing that the sum of these types of discussion turns out to be that some agency, state faction, governmental institution is to be presented with non-negotiable terms like "you have to do it for me, if I am to succeed"  or  "you have to fix this or that, before I can try again"  or  "you have to make my life better for me, so I can have what the ones who work hard at it have gotten."

:hair:

The rules are fixed up totally in favor of NT's. It is not an unreasonable expectation for those responsible for shaping to society to rectify that situation. As for hard work, most of those who have gotten to the top have gotten there by opportunity, not their own back or even their abilities. That is something that must change, governments should be at least be able to provide a strong meritocracy.