Author Topic: blast from the past - new info on a bad teacher I hate, decades later  (Read 8968 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: blast from the past - new info on a bad teacher I hate, decades later
« Reply #165 on: January 02, 2009, 10:24:02 AM »
I just checked out: I weighed 61 kilos or 135 pounds at 18, which means I weighed even less earlier. I exercised a lot at home but could never gain much muscles due to my low weight.  :(

I don't think I have ever fit those proportions. I'm a fairly thick fellow.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2009, 10:26:09 AM »
Honestly, are you surprised if Aspie kids who have the possiblity bring guns to school and kill the bullies?

Not really surprised; ashamed and disappointed, more like.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2009, 10:31:47 AM »
Honestly, are you surprised if Aspie kids who have the possiblity bring guns to school and kill the bullies?

Not really surprised; ashamed and disappointed, more like.
Of whom?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2009, 10:37:41 AM »
I took some martial arts training as an adult as well, but not when I was a kid being picked on.  I really could have used it then.

You are right about it teaching you more control, both physical control and self-control.  I could swing at you as if I were going to punch right through you, but stop at barely touching your clothing with my fist, assuming of course you didn't block me first.  I also learned a lot about blocking kicks and punches.

My husband and I thought long and hard about getting classes for our daughter, but given her physical aggression, we decided against giving her more training in physical control.

She might have learned more self-control but we couldn't be sure, so the last thing we needed was her to just become more well-trained in punching and kicking.

I think that the kicking and kick blocking training had for me immediate benefits, as well. I had already become a bit more confident of myself when I began to train, but I had no direction and no ability to stop once I lost my cool.
From my early encounters in school, once I finally tried to fight back, I found that I was indeed far faster than the average idiots who harassed me and some confidence came slowly afterward. This is what made me try out for the boxing team and I began to realize that I could almost always dodge a swing and avoid being hit. It came just from watching them, where always before my first fights, I always looked away at someone trying to "get up in my face."

I am lucky that my son is not the aggressive type, I suppose. I am not either, really, but when I responded with violence it was usually out of fear. I can see this same fear in him.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2009, 10:48:48 AM »
I don't know.  I was also picked on a lot verbally like you describe, but I was hit, poked, my hair pulled, etc, as well.

Maybe it could be a difference between you and me, or maybe it could just be a difference in the people who were bullying us.

I would be more likely to suspect differences between us, since we both presumably had a bunch of different bullies. What I can't figure out is what the differences would be. I was female, small and clumsy, quiet and mostly passive. I don't understand why people didn't try to intimidate me physically.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2009, 03:44:01 PM »

Yes. There is something wrong if the reaction is that extreme.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2009, 05:07:48 PM »
My husband and I thought long and hard about getting classes for our daughter, but given her physical aggression, we decided against giving her more training in physical control.

She might have learned more self-control but we couldn't be sure, so the last thing we needed was her to just become more well-trained in punching and kicking.

How about Tai Chi Chuan or somesuch?  As I understand it, that would implement the self-control before it gets into actual fighting techniques.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2009, 05:23:32 PM »

That's not extreme. Extreme is what I did. These kids have gone beyond anything justifiable.

We are supposed to be smarter than the average buttface, in general, but resorting to killing in order to resolve a bruised ego is another definition of insanity, in my way of thinking.

I have remorse for the big badass I first put in the hospital, still. Of course, I'm not "norbal,"  as Lennon says, but keeping ourselves safe is what we are trying to do. Going so far as killing is insanity.

Read it again, hadron. Once some of your brain turns to heart, you will understand.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 05:25:11 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2009, 05:26:48 PM »
Of course it's insanity. I have no idea why some people seem to think such violence could ever be justified.

And before you say something, Lit, you do know that you're mad, right? Your obsessions are talking.

And Hadron, while there is still time, consider if you really want to end up being another Lit.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2009, 05:29:49 PM »

Yeah there is - society. I wish suicidal aspies would do it as a parting gift everytime they offed themselves.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2009, 05:32:59 PM »

Yeah there is - society. I wish suicidal aspies would do it as a parting gift everytime they offed themselves.

... or get help?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #176 on: January 02, 2009, 05:33:25 PM »

That's not extreme. Extreme is what I did. These kids have gone beyond anything justifiable.

We are supposed to be smarter than the average buttface, in general, but resorting to killing in order to resolve a bruised ego is another definition of insanity, in my way of thinking.

I have remorse for the big badass I first put in the hospital, still. Of course, I'm not "norbal,"  as Lennon says, but keeping ourselves safe is what we are trying to do. Going so far as killing is insanity.

Read it again, hadron. Once some of your brain turns to heart, you will understand.
No, no. A few sprees would change society for the better, if they were well targeted and orchestrated. Bear in mind the removal of one bully means at least one kid not driven to suicide because of them.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #177 on: January 02, 2009, 05:35:19 PM »

... or get help?
Help with what - deluding themselves into being "happy". The root problem is society - and elimination of certain so-called "people" is the best way of dealing with the problem.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #178 on: January 02, 2009, 05:36:10 PM »
We've already had more than a few sprees.

How much better off are we?

None!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2009, 05:37:10 PM »
... and don't bother with telling me crapshite like the wrong ones were killed, because there are no right ones to kill.