Author Topic: Ask Schleed some shit.  (Read 8090 times)

Blasted

Re: Ask Shleed some shit.
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2010, 03:26:04 PM »
Do you have any plans to visit London in the next couple of months?  I fancy getting drunk with you :P

I'm actually going on June, this time I'm 90% sure. :laugh:

Sure, wouldn't mind meeting up for a few drinks.

Awesome  8)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2010, 05:56:52 PM »
Do you ever sell any of your photo  or aspire to?   They are pretty good

I might in the future. I got money from doing that wedding though.

My brother a professional photographer,  hated weddings to much shit to deal with and too many telling you what to do he preferred freelance type stuff and supported himself with a processing lab
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2010, 09:49:59 PM »
What inspired you to choose Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds album as avatar? You prob. already answ., but cant be arsed to look.
One of my alltime fave discs BTW. I think it's Burton narrating.

Later: Yep.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 09:55:17 PM by punkdrew »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

DukeNukem

« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2010, 07:47:17 AM »

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2010, 06:18:18 PM »
What inspired you to choose Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds album as avatar? You prob. already answ., but cant be arsed to look.
One of my alltime fave discs BTW. I think it's Burton narrating.

Later: Yep.

I like a fair amount of sci-fi stuff, so World of the Worlds in general comes into the equation. The music is indeed brilliant, might get a ticket for the live musical that's going to be here in August.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2010, 03:10:03 AM »
Have you ever lost your temper in public?

Have you ever hidden under the bed, if so, why?

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2010, 12:26:24 PM »
Actually, I have lost my temper in public before. But that was years ago, normally I'm quiet.

I don't think I've hidden under the bed though. Tight, small places make me uncomfortable.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2010, 02:50:50 AM »
Actually, I have lost my temper in public before. But that was years ago, normally I'm quiet.

What caused it?

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2010, 02:52:46 AM »
Something to do with a mobile phone, I think.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2011, 06:53:44 AM »
Why have you changed the spelling of your name?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2011, 08:03:34 AM »
You were quite negative for a while basically dumping on I2 and its patrons over everything. You aren't now which is cool and whatever but that got me thinking. You have been here a while and have some history here and as good as any to ask who here you rate in terms of personality and fitting into your idea of what I2 should be?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2011, 09:07:23 AM »
I'm less negative because getting into a relationship made me less focused on trolling. But I will still slap around someone if I'm bored or they're really retarded.

I like a fair amount of people here, anyone I dislike I ignore for the most part (like kit, talk about being fucking vapid) or piss about with them when bored. In terms of personality, I like honesty and consistency along with a bit of modesty. Thick skin is a must along with a sense of humour. Intelligence doesn't really matter unless it's one extreme to the other, which can put me off. I have no true idea of i2 should be though, it is entertaining to see the drama from some of the more emo members here. Perhaps a lack of ignore function and less emphasis on freedom of speech, since it obviously does not work well.

Notable people I like on i2:

- Butterflies, who time and time again has held her own on this forum with a high degree of consistency. Very honest and while naive in areas, is surprisingly intelligent despite her lack of education. Very modest despite her posh background.

- Soph, used to be one of the whiniest people ever has now turned into someone who doesn't take themselves seriously and provides a good point or two.

- Sea Tart, a pretty good example of someone who redeemed themselves from their past. Funny and provides a good athmosphere to the forum.

- Loup, a bit over the top, sensitive and I personally don't agree with certain things, but her good points outweigh the bad. Good sense of humour and provides good insight on certain topics.

- Eris, bit of a horny bint but she has a good sense of humour and isn't stupid. Holds her own fairly well when called out etc.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2011, 09:19:03 AM »
OK fair call on all of the above

Now trolling...

Can you explain what you see as the positives or benefits of trolling. Both personally and in general. (For the record I am not in any way opposed to this)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2011, 09:30:36 AM »
I find it to be fairly beneficial, despite some people thinking it's harsh.

The troll:

- It's fun.
- Good way to practice acting/roleplaying skills.
- Good way to get rid of boredom.
- The joy of getting someone pissed off.
- A good way to cause drama.

The trolled:

- It can help you learn to laugh at yourself and not take yourself too seriously.
- A good aid to notice your problems and work on them.
- To realise the internet isn't serious business.
- To remove any pretensions or delusions.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2011, 09:38:52 AM »
I find it to be fairly beneficial, despite some people thinking it's harsh.

The troll:

- It's fun.
- Good way to practice acting/roleplaying skills.
- Good way to get rid of boredom.
- The joy of getting someone pissed off.
- A good way to cause drama.

The trolled:

- It can help you learn to laugh at yourself and not take yourself too seriously.
- A good aid to notice your problems and work on them.
- To realise the internet isn't serious business.
- To remove any pretensions or delusions.

OK what about to gain leverage, small actions big results?, to learn to be subversive?, to learn how others think? To benefit from change bought about from your own making? to break entrenched norms? to dictate your values and tastes? to get people to view things differently to how they would normally choose to do so? To get people out of their comfort zones? to big new activity and action to staleness and sameness?