Author Topic: Halloween  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
Halloween
« on: October 18, 2008, 09:50:40 AM »
Have any plans?

I think we're going to go to a party that my ex-girlfriend/our friend invited us to.

The only thing is, I think we have to dress up for it.  I hate dressing up for halloween.  I loved it as a kid, but I get so self-conscious now. 

My idea is to go as Arthur Dent from the latest adaptation of HHGTTG.

I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
Re: Halloween
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 09:54:20 AM »
Amy said she wants to be Trillion.

I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 10:44:47 AM »
Trillion was gorgeous. I mean in the BBC2 series not the crappy film; although she was probably alright too - I can't remember.
batcat

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 12:22:46 PM »
I'm going to leave my hair messy, throw on my old bathrobe and let the neighbors 4 cats follow me around as usual. Hell I don't need to dress up for Halloween, I already know how to scare small children and young adults.

:lol:

The kid is going as Raiden (Mortal Kombat) this year, a ninja costume and a coolie hat was a hell of alot easier than spending a week trying to make a masive gourd for him to carry around on his back when he went as Gaara (Naruto) last year.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 12:24:50 PM »
I have not dressed up for Halloween in maybe 9 or 10 years.   I don't give a shit about it to be honest.    It was great when I was a kid. 
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 01:08:12 PM »
Not my thing, really. And it seems my kids are old enough to ignore it now, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 01:29:15 PM »
I will not dress up all I want to do is hide from all the people at the door.  I will end up passing out candy though and drinking heavily till my wife gets back 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 01:29:51 PM »
Trillion was gorgeous. I mean in the BBC2 series not the crappy film; although she was probably alright too - I can't remember.

sandra dickinson.

the film was useless, and the tv version was good, but the original radio series was the best - i nearly injured myself laughing at that.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 01:30:38 PM »
as for halloween, i shall just go as i am.  ;)  although i'm not actually going anywhere or doing anything - amazing, all you people with a social life.  /weeps, quietly.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 02:05:32 PM »
I'll dress up as Princess Leia and my husband will dress up as Darth Vader, including the mask and helmet.

Our daughter will dress up as Experiment 277, a character from Lilo and Stitch which looks like a big purple bat.

I finished her costume, but I still have a little work to do on my husband's and mine. 

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 06:35:25 PM »
I got my invite for a sci-fi club's Halloween party.  I'm going to use the same simple approach that I've used for several years of conventions and Halloweens, just throw a black trenchcoat on over my everyday clothes, and then cap it with a fedora and I'm good to go.

Halloween's good, one night out of the year in which everybody's supposed to be weird.  I like it.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 07:15:58 PM »
I ordered a Teletubby costume and it came a few days ago. I am going to wear it on Halloween and pass out candy to the kids. There won't be very many though because not many came by last year. I'll just sit around at home anyway and if none come by this year, then we will have bunch of candy to eat.

I have wanted to be a Teletubby ever since I was 15 but couldn't find one in adult size so I had to be something else that year. Then I finally found one on Amazon in my size and ordered it. It is big on me because it was "one size fits most adults." 

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 07:35:41 PM »
I ordered a Teletubby costume and it came a few days ago. I am going to wear it on Halloween and pass out candy to the kids. There won't be very many though because not many came by last year. I'll just sit around at home anyway and if none come by this year, then we will have bunch of candy to eat.

I have wanted to be a Teletubby ever since I was 15 but couldn't find one in adult size so I had to be something else that year. Then I finally found one on Amazon in my size and ordered it. It is big on me because it was "one size fits most adults." 

That's cool, Spokane Girl.  Which Teletubby are you going to be?  I was Tinky-Winky a few years ago, my husband was Po, and our daughter was Dipsy.  I made her costume from a pattern out of green fleece, then I bought sweatsuits for my husband and me, purple for me and red for him, with extra sweatshirts.  I used the bodies of the spare sweatshirts to make the hoods and antennae and I used the sleeves to make the mittens.  Then I sewed rectangles of shiny cloth on our tummies to make the TV screens.  I think that we were cute.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 07:45:02 PM »
Po.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 07:45:24 PM »
Halloween is not very big here. Haven't had anyone knock on our door for the last two years.
Will you post a pic of yourself, Spokane Girl? Have asked others to but they won't. ;)
I will not dress up all I want to do is hide from all the people at the door.  I will end up passing out candy though and drinking heavily till my wife gets back 
:D
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae